A Really Good Friend.

I Dream of You

Later that night. It was really quiet, Jess could hear herself think. She was just lying on her bed like a lifeless doll. “I am a little hungry, but no. It’s okay, it will go away.” She started hearing some noise but couldn’t find where it was coming from. She stepped out into the hallway, she peeked into Jaejoong’s room but it was empty. As kept walking she could now tell that it was music. It came from a room far down the hall. Slowly opened the door and peeked her head in just enough to see who was inside. Jaejoong was playing the piano, at first both hands were on the piano but when he tried to sing he clenched his throat. She stayed and kept listening to his lyrics. As she stared at the tears running down his cheeks, she started to cry too. He tried his best to sing but it only sounded like whispers. Jae slammed on the keys and slammed the piano shut. Jess ran out of the room when Jae turned around. Somehow she was already inside her room. She locked the door behind her, through her heavy breathes she said, “Did he see me?”

 

     Early in the morning there was a knock on Jess’ door. Her hair was as big as a tree, and there was dry drool all over and chin. She opened the door, put her glasses on and opened her eyes. It was Jaejoong. grew wide.

 

He was rushing out the door, “Jess, hurry. Let’s go.” “Jaejoong, where are you going?” “You know how to drive right?” Before she knew it they were standing next to a luxurious car in the buildings parking garage. He pulled out a small box from his pocket and pushed a button, the doors unlocked. As she was getting into the car, “Yes, but you can’t be seen in public yet. You’re supposed to be in the Maldives for a schedule, remember? If you’re seen like this, J2M’s contract is over.” Jaejoong stopped before he could get into the car. He let out a loud grunt, and Jess got off to help him get into the passenger seat. He couldn’t make eye contact and seemed nervous as he spoke, “So, you knew about this.” She looked at him, bit her bottom lip and nodded. All Jae looked at was her lips and he turned back in his seat.

 

“The GPS says we’re here.” His eyes were closed the whole way so Jess thought he had fallen asleep. Jess put her hands on Jae to wake him up and he pushed the door wide open. “Don’t get off; it will only be a couple of minutes.” Jess nodded. A few hours had passed. All Jess could do was sit in the car and listen to music. She looked across the parking lot and saw that this place was a very private hotel. She also Jaejoong coming out of the elevator and got out to help him but he wasn’t alone. A woman walked out of the building too, it seemed like that woman was chasing after him. “Oppa, what do you mean?! This has never been a problem for me and you.” She tugged on his clothes and he just kept walking. “Let’s just end it here. I don’t want to lead you on anymore.” He looked at the car but Jess ducked so she wouldn’t be caught looking. She raised the volume of the music. “I have someone I might truly love this time.” He started walking toward the car again. The woman pulled his arm again and Jaejoong held onto his rib cage. He was in so much pain. “Okay Oppa. So grant me my last wishes.” Inside the car Jess was just sitting in the car, watching them. “Wow… so this is where Kim Jaejoong wanted me to bring him so urgently?! Even when he’s still sick he can’t stay away from the ladies. Ah, really? But never again will I do this. If you need a driver, get a taxi… or call her!” She couldn’t understand why she got so annoyed. Then suddenly she glanced at them and they are kissing. Her arms were around his neck and he was hovering over her. Jess’ eyes began to water and she put her head down. After some seconds she heard the door open, she panicked and wiped the tears from her face before she lifted her head. “We’re stopping somewhere before we go home.” Jess turned her head and saw both Jaejoong and the woman in the back seat. Without anymore thought she started the car and drove off.

“Oppa, are you going to spend the night?” Jaejoong stared at Jess through the rear view mirror and she caught him. Jess raised the volume of the stereo even more and began to sing to herself. The woman tried to talk to him but it was too loud. The other woman suddenly became furious, “Excuse me! Lady?! Can you be quiet? Put the volume down!” Jess did lower the volume but she answered back in a sarcastic mood. “Oh, don’t mind me. Just do what you have to do, I won’t judge. The music actually distracts me from the back seat.” Jaejoong was so angry, “Stop! Stop the car!” Jess stopped the car immediately. Jaejoong told the woman to get out.  “Manager Noona, we will only meet for work.” She didn’t want to but she eventually got out. The car drove off.

 

 On the way home, Jae stared at Jess while she drove. She caught him staring through the mirror but she pretended not to know. “We broke up, you know. I was just being nice to her, after all were going to work together now.” There was no response from her. “I don’t see why you have to act like a child… if you’re just jealous, tell me.” She could feel her blood boiling; she gritted her teeth, “Mr. Kim… I just wanted to know if it was okay with you if I had the rest of the night off.” She parked the car. “Why? Where are you going?” “I have a date.” She smirked to herself as she unbuckled herself. “What?! With who? Do I know him?” “It’s just a friend. A really good friend.” She opened the car door. “Ah, well I guess you can go, but you have to be back home early.” She got off and left Jaejoong behind.

 Back at home, Jae was sitting on the couch and Jess walked out the door without a word. Jae began to follow her. His ribs started to hurt from the cold so he started to slow down. But still he could see her from a distance. “Oppa!” (She waved to a man and they hugged each other. Jae was surprised but he was even more curious. He soon realized that it was Micky. Together they entered his apartment. Jaejoong was left outside, cold and angry.