Please, Dont Go.

I Dream of You

It’s the next morning and Jess walks into the kitchen where Chaewon is making breakfast. Jess, “It smells really good.” Chaewon offers her some food but Jess rejects it. “No, its okay I’m already on my way out, but thank you.” Chaewon chased after her, “But it’s still pretty early.” Jess crossed her hands, “No, it’s okay. Thanks, bye!” As Jess was getting ready to leave to the hospital, her cell phone rang. It was sitting on the kitchen counter so Chaewon handed it to her. Jess gave Chaewon an awkward smile, “Thanks. That would have been bad.” Jess answered, “Hello? Hello?”

            Jess was walking to a bench in the park where she saw a man. He had a round shape to him and obvious signs of hair loss and deep set wrinkles. She began to walk towards him. The man was actually on the phone, “I understand. I have the perfect person for the job. Of course it’s safe, she has no idea. I’ll send her over soon.” She sat on the bench next to him. “Do you know why you are here?” Jess got very nervous, “Doctor Seo?” He turned to face her, “Quietly. There is a patient who needs the medical attention but no one can ever know about him. Doctor Lee, if you want to work at my hospital, you first have to prove yourself. Here is the address.” He whispered into her ear and handed her the paper. Dr. Seo stood up and began to walk away. Jess was confused and ran after him, Doctor! Doctor Seo! What do you mean?!” He stopped, turned around and pulled her to the side. He had her ear firmly in his hands. She was in pain but kept closed. He whispered again, “Just prove to me that you can take care of this patient if you want to keep your job. If you fail, I fire you and have your Father come all the way here to get you. Oh, and you might just die. Understand?” It looked like Jess wanted to cry as she nodded her head. “Then hurry or you will be late” Jess pointed to her ear, Dr. Seo let go and wiped his hand on his coat as he let out a husky cough.

 

Jess arrived that same night to the address Dr. Seo had given her. The apartment was in a small and secured neighborhood. She walked to the door that read 1201. She thought to herself that the place seemed nice and safe. She let out a sarcastic laugh, “Hey, why are you so scared?” She knocked on the door but it opened slowly by itself. After a few seconds, she began to walk in. “Hello? Hello? Is there anyone here? Hello?” Suddenly, Jess stopped in her tracks when the lights turned off. She felt a hand placed on her shoulder. She covered her face with her hands and turned around. She slowly uncovered her eyes as soon as the lights switched on but she instantly let out a scream. It caused her to pass out. Not knowing, Jess pulled the figure with her as she fell. The figure who turned out to be a man landed on top of her causing their lips to only be very close. She had woken up as soon as she hit the floor but she was frozen still with embarrassment. She could feel his breathe on her. Jess could hear someone calling out, but she was too scared to even try to open her eyes. “Miss, wake up. Miss.” All her brain could think about was the sweet smell. “How could a gangster smell so sweet?” Jess slowly opened her eyes to find the man hovering on top of her. She tried to scream but the man, who turned out to be Yoochun covered . Micky, “Please, not again. Let’s start all over.” She put her hands on his chest and she lowered her vision. Micky looked at her and smirked, but what she ended up doing was pushing him off with full force. They stood up. “So Dr. Seo already told you what you needed to do?” He was fixing his clothes and Jess just nodded. “Okay, well I don’t need to remind you that it all has to be very confidential.” She nodded again. “Follow me.”

Jess followed Micky on a tour of the house but she payed no attention what-so-ever. Her head was still out of it. “This room is yours and right across the way is my brothers. So, please make yourself comfortable.” He pointed into a room. She snapped out of it quickly, “What?! I can’t stay here. I can’t stay here with you.” She was stuttering uncontrollably, “I mean, I have a home and a roommate.” Micky just stared at her with amazement, he thought it was just the funniest thing. “If anything turns up just let me know. With that...Please take care of my brother doctor. I’ll be heading out first.” “But! I don’t even know your name? How am I even going to contact you?” she muttered to herself. Micky had walked away and Jess tried to follow him but she stopped in her tracks as she heard noise coming from the room. She turned around and began to walk towards it. “What did I get myself into? I could have gone to Canada, China, or even to Mexico…” She imagined her life as a single doctor and living with her grandma. Shivers went down her spine, “Oh no! Killer gangsters over Grandma Lee any day.” She shook it off and turned the door knob. She walked into the dark room and the lights. She stood next to the bed, only to find a man lying in bed. She got startled and tried to run away but she wasn’t moving. The man had grabbed by her wrist. He wouldn’t let go. Jess’ eyes had become so wide that they began to cry on their own, she couldn’t make herself move. He grasped her wrist firmly and with a masked voice said to her, “Please, don’t go.”