Urgent Mail.

I Dream of You

The next morning Jess woke up to a bouquet of flowers at her bed side with a note. She hid herself under her blankets. Chaewon walked in. “You’re awake? I wanted to let you sleep but flowers came for you a while ago.” There was no response from Jess. “Sunbae, it’s already the afternoon, why don’t you try and get up. You can go and have a pretty date with Jaejoong; after all he did send you these flowers.” “You read the note didn’t you, Moon Chaewon?” Chaewon who had been sitting on her bed slid to the floor. “I will leave you to change now.”

It’s Sunday night and Jess knew that she couldn’t leave her work hanging. She dreaded having to go back. She was still so angry and couldn’t hold it in anymore when she saw Jaejoong waiting outside for her. She threw the note at him and began to shout. “Who do you think you are? Don't try to play this game with me! Just because I look the way I do doesn't mean I'm a heartless pig...I know your game now, I know about the bet with Junsu!” She ran out of breathe just saying those words because she didn’t want to let herself cry. It was no use her tears began to roll. She couldn’t let him see her like that. “If he sees me cry, he will think that he won.” Jess started to walk away. Jaejoong grabbed her wrist again and pulled her closer to his body. The force of his grasp caused her to trip and meet with his body, their faces were very close. She could smell his scent like never before. She thought, “This is the closest I’ve ever been to him. His scent. His eyes are bigger than I thought.” Jaejoong got even closer, holding on to both of her hands, “What if I told you this isn't a game anymore? What if I told you I wasn't lying?” The wind was blowing onto their faces. “Her hair. Those eyes are even prettier and her lips aren’t as small as I thought.” Jaejoong leaned in to kiss her. They almost kissed but Jaejoong’s manager walked up to them. ”What is this?!” she yelled. “This voice, I know it from somewhere.” Jess thought in her head and turned and found herself face to face with the woman she had met the other day. She walked toward Jess and pulled her away causing her to fall to her knees. Jaejoong tried to help her but the manager noona stood between them. He just stood there. “What are you thinking Jae? Oh I know you’re not thinking. Do you know what will happen if this gets out? You’re done!” She then turned to Jess who was sobbing on the ground. Jess wanted to stand up to her but she knew that her words were true. “And you? Have you looked at yourself, he is an idol! He can lose everything he has worked for because of you! You’re pathetic! Doctor, I expect a letter of resignation tomorrow morning.” Jess heard her voice far away all she could do was ask herself, “Why isn’t he saying anything?” The manager noona grabbed Jaejoong and pulled him inside, leaving Jess all alone.

Jess was walking back home alone. To her the streets seemed longer, darker, and lonelier. It began to rain and it was as if it was impossible to tell if she was crying or if it was just the rain hitting her face. She reached a bus stop bench were there were some girls chatting. She stood under the bus stop for shelter from the rain. “Jae Oppa and Micky Oppa will forever be my bias. The cutest brothers ever.” Jess could over-hear their conversation. “Mine used to be Jaejoong Oppa but since those rumors started, I think my love for Junsu Oppa wins over him.” Another girl added, “I heard that he started dating his doctor, some foreign girl. But don’t you find it weird that he was supposed to be abroad but they say he was here the whole time.” “I stopped liking him because he shouldn’t like someone like her.” They kept making more comments, “Yeah, she's not protecting his idol image. There are pictures of them at the park today. And pictures of her coming out of his house.” “You really shouldn’t be like that.” The students looked back to see a woman hiding behind the bus stop sign. Before they could say anything to her she to walk away, faster and faster. Her phone rang and she stopped under a tree. “Jess where are you? I called you at Jae Oppa’s house but the lady said you quit.” “I’m on my way home.” Jess responded. “We'll I was calling you because you got a letter in the mail from the states and it says it’s urgent.”