chapter 32

Bite Me

Chapter 32

 

Several days of wait, several days of excruciating nightmares and several days of emotional pain has bought them to this: the maze to the Key -although he had to enter through different entrance this time around.

It'll be several times more dangerous than the last time, if you select the same entrance Jin had said.

'At least Sungjae wouldn't be around' Sunggyu had thought instead.

This time it'll be just him and Woohyun, fighting the worse situation but they'd be together in this; and that's what mattered to Sunggyu the most.

Jin helped them to locate the entrance which was in a secluded, forest like place.

"My part here is done, take care, both of you" Jin says as she bids them goodbye.

"Jin" Woohyun calls when Jins turns to leave "Thank you, and as I said, I and my kingdom won't ever forget your contribution to this cause." Woohyun says politely.

Jin waves him off with a smile "Peace is what I sought after, dear Prince."

"But still thanks Jin, hope we could've met under different circumstances though." Sunggyu gives her a weak smile. Sunggyu and Jin had come to become friends within the short span of time they spent their days at Jin's home. Woohyun was glad, because Sunggyu really needed a company aside from Woohyun.

"Your welcome. And Sunggyu when you get your memories back in next life, don't you dare forget about me." she warns with a fond smile.

"Can't even think of it." Sunggyu grins weakly.

He still feels shiver run down his spine everytime he thinks of sacrificing his life, but his boyfriend had managed to convince him that it'll all be for good. He was not scared of dying, he was scared that in his new life he wouldn't be able to recognise his lover which might eventually drive Woohyun away; then Woohyun would find someone special and build a new life together with that person. And when Sunggyu would suddenly remember, everything might've already been over. 

He hadn't shared this concern with his boyfriend, he couldn't. He didn't want to be selfish and make his boyfriend wait so long, because he knows that if he asks Woohyun, he'd wait for him even it meant for a lifetime but Sunggyu could never be this selfish.

Woohyun, however, had made him understand that continuing to live in this life would be far more dangerous. The emotional connection with the Key will never break and also the Council would never let him live in peace. So, he made his decision and left everything else on fate.

"See y'all around." Jin says and at Woohyun's and Sunggyu's nod, she walks away.

Woohyun slides his hands aroud Sunggyu's waist, pulls him closer and kisses his temple "Let's get this over with." 

Sunggyu nods "Just-- let me live this moment a little longer." he says quietly and turns in his boyfriend's hold to rest his head on the other's chest.

Woohyun cards his fingers through the small hairs on Sungyu's nape and rests his cheek on his head "I love you" he whispers.

Sungyu feels his heart constrict and a lump form in his throat. This is the end. After he hands the Key to Woohyun, he's going to drink in the potion given to him by Jin and that's it, the end. 

Sunggyu holds on tighter onto Woohyun's waist "I hope this is all worth it" he croaks, tears already stinging his small eyes.

"It has to be; it will be" Woohyun tries to state it confidently but it still comes off a little weak "I'll miss you though" he says in a small voice.

Sunggyu chuckles as a sniffle escapes through him "Woohyun, we've gone through this last night."

Last night, both of them could not sleep knowing that tommorrow they had to say good bye and who knows whether the good bye would be for few years only or forever. They stayed wraped around each other, finding comfort in each other's touch, they talked and talked and talked until Sunggyu felt exhausted and retired to sleep.

Woohyun nods slowly "Remember me."

"Locate me sooner."

"Don't be too hard on me while I am courting you."

Sunggyu chuckles quitely "Try every damn charm of yours on me."

"Don't fall in love with someone else."

"Y-you--." too he wants to say but he doesn't, can't find the courage to.

"Not possible" Woohyun replies, understanding his boyfriend's unspoken request.

Sunggyu cries, hot tears rolling down his cheeks and wetting Woohyun's black polo shirt "I- I love you...love you so much."

Woohyun kisses Sunggyu's head and clings even tighter, doesn't know how long they stay like that but eventually they enter through the cave like entrance and start their journey to the Key.


 The end is only 1 chapter away. See you guys around! ♥ -Love, Minzy