chapter 15

Bite Me

chapter 15

 

 

Sunggyu wakes up curled up in Woohyun’s arms and nuzzles his head in the crook of Woohyun’s neck. “Sunggyu, it’s time to wake up,” he whispers.

 

Sunggyu groans and buries his face further into Woohyun’s warmth. “Don’t give me that. We can’t stay here forever.”

 

Sunggyu reluctantly untangles himself and stands, pouting. Woohyun stands, too, and follows him out of the room. Grasping Sunggyu’s hand and intertwining their fingers, Woohyun leads them down to the kitchen. “Has your fever gone down?”

 

“I’m fine now. 100 precent.”

 

Woohyun kisses him quickly and shoves a muffin into his hands. Sunggyu takes a miniscule bite and grins at Woohyun. The mansion is quiet — peaceful — and Sunggyu sees light snow falling from the sky out the window. He frowns; it’s getting cold again. He just wants spring to come by.

 

Myungsoo comes, followed by Sungyeol, with his hands behind his head as he lets out a yawn. “Don’t you think a friend from the palace knows who this Sungjae is?” he says, raising an eyebrow.

 

“I was planning on asking someone at the party tonight.”

 

Myungsoo frowns. “You’re going to that? I didn’t think you would.”

 

“Like my family would let me miss it. I don’t know why they’re throwing me a birthday party but they insist.”

 

Sunggyu eyes Woohyun. “It’s your birthday?”

 

“February 8th.”

 

Sunggyu smacks Woohyun’s arm. “Why didn’t you tell me? Jerk.”

 

“Is that how you treat the birthday boy?”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Sunggyu repeats, ignoring Woohyun’s comment. Woohyun contemplates the answer for a moment before shrugging.

 

“Wasn’t that important? I’ve had hundreds of birthdays so I just kind of forgot about it. Besides, I’ve been thinking about you all this time.”

 

Sunggyu shakes his head and frowns, pouting a little. Woohyun resists the urge to squeal. “So with that out of the way, what are you going to be wearing to the party? Myungsoo asks, turning to Sunggyu. “If you don’t have anything to wear then I could lend you something. I’m sure we’re the same size, more or less.”

 

“No, no, no, you are not going. It’s far too dangerous,” Woohyun pulls Sunggyu to him protectively. Sunggyu debates whether he wants to go or not. But after the last party he was at he isn’t so sure. Maybe staying home is better.

 

“Are you an idiot? Don’t you remember the message your family sent you?” Myungsoo clears his throat and leans back against Sungyeol. “’Please bring Sunggyu. We’d like to formally meet your Claimed.’

 

Woohyun rests his head on Sunggyu’s shoulder. “Really? You remember that part?”

 

“Deny it all you want — Sunggyu is required to attend your birthday party at the very least. You do know that if you keep him here someone will come to him. There’s no getting out of this.”

 

Woohyun whines something about life not being fair and Sunggyu almost wants to join him. But then again he thinks of the fact that he’s going to be meeting Woohyun’s family and he can’t tell if he’s scared or not.

 

...

 

Sunggyu looks at himself in the mirror, surprised. He doesn’t ask how much the suit costs because he knows it costs way too much. The black suit is classic and fits to his body almost perfectly. He adjusts the black bowtie around his neck and runs his hand over the silky fabric. His hair is gelled up, revealing his pale forehead, and his eyes are lined with black.

 

He takes slow steps down the stairs until he’s in the grand foyer. Woohyun’s already by the door with Myungsoo and Sungyeol and he turns around when he hears Sunggyu’s foot hit the landing. He grins when he sees Sunggyu, hides the burning rage igniting in his stomach because Sunggyu looks so goddamn good.

 

Woohyun takes a step towards Sunggyu, outstretching his hand, and Sunggyu’s about to take it when he’s intercepted by Sungyeol. Sungyeol squishes Sunggyu’s cheek, feels the elasticity of his soft skin. “Your cheeks are so red. Are you wearing blush?”

 

Sunggyu slaps Sungyeol’s hands away. “What? Of course not! Why would I wear blush?”

 

Sungyeol shrugs. “I don’t know—”

 

“Come here, Yeol,” Myungsoo grips the fabric of Sungyeol’s sweater and tugs him away. Sungyeol makes a noise and is shushed by Myungsoo before he can say anything else.

 

Woohyun takes Sunggyu’s hand, twirls him around, and gathers him in his arms. He takes a deep breath in, inhales the sweet smell floating from Sunggyu’s heart. “What’s wrong?” Sunggyu chuckles, smoothing out the back of Woohyun’s finely tailored suit.

 

“You look good,” he says simply.

 

Sunggyu shakes his head, smiles, and places a kiss on Woohyun’s cheek. “You worry too much.”

 

 

The car ride is long and Sunggyu doesn’t know where they’re going exactly. He asks Woohyun who just answers with a place you don’t want to go to and when he asks Woohyun again, saying that Woohyun has not given him enough information, but Woohyun gives him the same answer again so he decides he’ll see when they get there. He rests his head on Woohyun’s shoulder, feels Woohyun squeeze his hand. Woohyun seems nervous and yet Sunggyu doesn’t think he feels nervous at all, although he should be.

 

The car comes to a slow stop and the door is pulled open by a servant. Myungsoo steps out first, then Woohyun. “It’s showtime,” Woohyun breathes into his ear as he disappears from the car. Sunggyu slides out, glancing up at Woohyun’s waiting hand. There is a crowd of people waiting outside and Sunggyu can see flashes going off constantly, making him blink rapidly. He timidly takes Woohyun’s hand, gripping it tightly. He steps out and is instantly blinded by the flashes of the cameras, squinting his eyes so he can see. It doesn’t really work.

 

Woohyun’s hand leaves his and is replaced with his waiting arm which Sunggyu links his own through thankfully. “Just smile and I’ll take care of everything. I won’t leave your side tonight,” Woohyun mutters in his ear.

 

Sunggyu nods and tries to make the corners of his mouth turn up into a smile but it’s so fake that he just knows everyone can tell. Woohyun can, too, because he places a kiss on Sunggyu’s cheek and tells him to think about things that make him happy. So he does and it’s a lot easier when the person that makes him happy is standing right next to him. Sunggyu ignores the cameras, his eyes slowly adjusting to the flashes, and looks at the building they’re walking into. It’s a palace – beautiful, elegant, and like something you’d see in a fantasy movie.

 

They walk up the stairs and into the palace and they’re welcomed with warm lights, people laughing as they sip red wine. Or is it wine? Sunggyu doesn’t want to know. The interior of the palace is no less grand than the exterior, decorated with twinkling lights and magnificent décor.

 

“This,” Woohyun starts, “is my family’s palace and the place I grew up in.”

 

Sunggyu looks at him and Woohyun returns his surprised look with a smile. “And now it’s time to go and greet my parents.”

 

Woohyun mutters something to Myungsoo who nods and is gone in a flash, as if he wasn’t there a minute ago. Woohyun leads Sunggyu through the crowd and Sunggyu takes interest in how they part and whisper as they look at the couple. Lots of people are looking at Sunggyu which makes him feel like something akin to a hamster surrounded by vicious tigers. Woohyun leads him up the grand staircase to where three people stand, behind them there are guards.

 

They look like Woohyun, clearly his family. The young boy of the three which looks to be Woohyun’s age doesn’t look like him at all, though. “Hello, father, mother… cousin,” Woohyun greets them and they turn to smile at him.

 

His father is intimidating and Woohyun has his piercing eyes. His mother is beautiful, stunning really, and they’ve got the same nose and mouth. His cousin leans against the railing, eyes raking Sunggyu’s body as if peering through his clothes. Sunggyu tries to hide the blush creeping up to his face but he knows he fails by the way Woohyun’s cousin raises his eyebrows and smirks.

 

“Ah, my son. You must visit more often! We never see you anymore,” his father claps Woohyun on the shoulder.

 

“Why did it take you so long for you to bring Sunggyu to formally meet us?” his mother smacks Woohyun upside the head, scowling at her son. Woohyun rubs the spot and frowns. “Because you’re crazy.”

 

“Do you hear this kid? I bet Sunggyu doesn’t speak like this to his mother,” Woohyun’s mother pushes Woohyun away and stands in front of Sunggyu, wrapping her arms around him. Sunggyu freezes, completely confused.

 

“You’re so cute,” his mother squeals, holding him at arm’s length and pinching his already pink cheeks (which may or may not be the cause of a possible ert). Woohyun’s father takes Sunggyu’s hand and shakes it vigorously, to the point that Sunggyu’s pretty sure his wrist is going to break and his shoulder will dislocate.

 

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, Sunggyu. Do take care of my dear son. He’s a bit of an idiot, but he does mean well.”

 

Sunggyu smiles, genuinely, and lets out a small laugh. “I will.”

 

Woohyun looks at him in disbelief. “I’m not an idiot; shouldn’t you be disagreeing?” Woohyun says, muttering a I feel betrayed under his breath.

 

“Why would I disagree and lie?” Sunggyu asks innocently, as if he doesn’t know he’s just insulted Woohyun.

 

Woohyun’s about to say something when his cousin steps in between them, facing Sunggyu. “I haven’t gotten a chance to introduce myself yet. I’m Hoya, Woohyun’s cousin.”

 

Hoya holds out his hand and Sunggyu takes it, expecting another rough shake, but instead Hoya leans down, bringing Sunggyu’s hand to his mouth, and presses his lips against Sunggyu’s knuckles. Sunggyu blushes, sees Woohyun glare at Hoya, and Hoya grins at Sunggyu.

 

Now it definitely feels like he’s a hamster surrounded by wild animals, but in this case he’s surrounded by two growling lions – kings of the jungle. 

 

not proofread. meep.

SUNGGYU IN A SUIT EXCUSE ME WHILE I CRY IN A CORNER I JUST-

i need some sleep dear lord