chapter 17

Bite Me

chapter 17

 

 

Woohyun manages to escape one of his aunts’ who had persistently spoken to Woohyun, asking him questions he didn’t care to answer. She was taking up his time and he needed to get to Sunggyu, wherever he’d stormed off to. He tries to maneuver through the crowd, smelling the air and searching for that familiar scent that he loves so much. It’s masked by alcohol and blood, though, and Woohyun has a tough time finding it. He catches it after a minute, albeit faint, and he moves in the direction he thinks it’s coming from.

 

            “Are you looking for Sunggyu?” Hoya asks, catching up with Woohyun.

 

            “What did you do with him?”

 

            “He’s a little tipsy so I let him sleep the alcohol off in my room. He’s mad at you, you know.”

 

            Woohyun frowns. He went to Hoya? Seriously? Woohyun doesn’t say anything more to Hoya, just leaves him standing there as he pushes past him in the direction of Hoya’s bedroom, moving at lightning speed. He’s there in a few seconds and he pushes the door open gently, unsure if he’s ready for what he’s about to see. He’s never seen Sunggyu tipsy – Sunggyu just doesn’t really drink.

 

            Woohyun knows he overreacted. He knew the minute Sunggyu pushed him away and stomped off after calling him a child. But he couldn’t help the burning emotion he felt when he saw Hoya dancing with Sunggyu. So he’s ready to apologize because he can’t stand Sunggyu being mad at him and even though he’s upset, he doesn’t care. He just wants Sunggyu to be happy.

 

            The room is lit only by a dim light on the bedside table and by the moonlight that shines through the open curtains. Sunggyu is sprawled on the bed, his eyes shut, eyelashes resting on his pink cheeks. Woohyun’s breath hitches in his throat when he sees Sunggyu’s form – shirt ed almost fully, revealing his pale chest, the fabric hanging off his shoulder, and his pants are ped, hanging loosely from his hips. His mouth is parted slightly, chest rising and falling with each even breath he takes. His hair is a mess and it’s starting to fall all over the place but Woohyun thinks he looks so endearing, enticing. He tries to calm himself, closing the door and taking quiet steps to the bed. He sits, and the bed creaks slightly. Sunggyu crinkles his nose but his face falls back into peaceful bliss in the next second. The thought that maybe Hoya touched Sunggyu crosses his mind and his blood starts to boil but he tries to be as gentle as he can. He places a kiss on Sunggyu’s parted lips, gingerly shaking him and brushing away the hair sticking to his glistening forehead. Sunggyu stirs and his eyes flutter open.

 

            At first he smiles and murmurs a quiet, “Woohyun,” but then he remembers he’s supposed to be mad (which is hard to do with Woohyun) and frowns instead.

 

            “Did Hoya do this to you?” Woohyun asks patiently, gesturing to Sunggyu’s ped pants.

 

            Sunggyu shakes his head vigorously. “I’m mad at you. And no, Hoya did not.

 

            Woohyun’s anger vanishes because he would smell Hoya on him but he doesn’t which means Hoya didn’t touch him. He just had to ask. Sunggyu’s scent is mixed with heavy wine and when he hiccups Woohyun deducts he’s probably a little more than just tipsy. “What can I do to make you forgive me?” he whispers, the tip of his index finger Sunggyu’s cheek.

 

            Sunggyu peers up at Woohyun from under his eyelashes and lets out a sigh, deciding he can’t stay mad at Woohyun, especially when he’s treating him so gently like this. “Kiss me,” he instructs and Woohyun does without hesitation. The kiss is languid, relaxing, and the edges of Sunggyu’s lips twitch. When Woohyun pulls away, Sunggyu whines because it’s still so hot. The short nap did nothing for him but make him even hotter.

 

            “What is it?” Woohyun asks, pecking Sunggyu’s pout.

 

            “Woohyun, it’s hot,” he says hoarsely, hands moving to undo the rest of the buttons holding his shirt together. Woohyun gulps, tries not to think of the fact that Hoya got to see Sunggyu like this, and stops Sunggyu’s hands from moving further.

 

            Sunggyu whines again. “Woohyun, please. It’s so hot,” he kisses Woohyun, driven by his drunken state. He’s burning up and he just wants Woohyun to touch him with his cool fingers, quench the fire burning his skin.

 

            “Sunggyu, you’re drunk,” Woohyun says, trying not to give in because Sunggyu is drunk and not in his right mind. He doesn’t want Sunggyu doing anything he’ll regret later.

 

            “I’m not that drunk,” Sunggyu tries to reason but he is; Woohyun can tell.

 

            “Sunggyu—”

 

            He’s cut off when Sunggyu pulls Woohyun down by his neck and crashes their lips together painfully. If Woohyun won’t do anything, Sunggyu will have to do it himself. Okay, maybe he’s not really in his right mind. But being drunk gives him the confidence he needs to actually initiate things with Woohyun because it’s always Woohyun starting it. He wants Woohyun to know he wants it, too. Sunggyu pushes his tongue past Woohyun’s lips and it connects with Woohyun’s, eliciting a surprised sound that kind of sounds like a growl from the back of Woohyun’s throat.

 

            His hands move to untie Woohyun’s bowtie and when he’s past that he proceeds to Woohyun’s shirt clumsily, pushing it away so that he can press his hands to Woohyun’s toned chest. Sunggyu pulls away and then he’s kissing Woohyun’s collarbones, his tongue running over the dip of his bone. Woohyun shudders and his hands move to bring Sunggyu’s chin up, pulling Sunggyu away from his collarbones that now have a red mark attached.

 

            Woohyun’s lips find Sunggyu’s again, this time in a hungry embrace that leaves both of them breathless. Woohyun starts to lose himself as he leaves open-mouthed kisses down Sunggyu’s pale neck, stopping where a vein is pumping fast. His teeth sink in and Sunggyu mewls, rolling his hips and creating infuriating friction between them. Woohyun a little harder and as Sunggyu continues his movements he lets out a curse against Sunggyu’s skin.

 

            Sunggyu pushes Woohyun’s shirt off his shoulders, running his hands along his skin. “Woohyun,” he lets out a moan as Woohyun continues to the delicious red liquid from his veins. Woohyun’s head is kind of hazy by now and he realizes he needs to stop himself. He pulls away, breathing heavily. Sunggyu is panting too; his chest heaving up and down quickly and forcefully. His eyes are hooded and his cheeks are so red that they resemble tomatoes. Sunggyu claws at Woohyun’s shirt desperately, trying to get rid of it completely. Woohyun lets it fall off and he moves down, trailing kisses down Sunggyu’s chest and dipping his tongue into his navel. He hears Sunggyu sigh, fingers losing their grip. Sunggyu softly pulls Woohyun back up and brings him down until their lips meet. He lets out a muffled moan from the back of his throat when he rolls his hips again slowly and Woohyun has to pull away and bite his lip harshly to stop him from going berserk and taking Sunggyu.

 

            Sunggyu’s lips stop moving and he’s limp on the bed, and when Woohyun pulls away he sees that Sunggyu’s drifted off to sleep. Woohyun kisses his closed eyelids lovingly and sits up, zipping up Sunggyu’s pants and doing up the buttons of his shirt. Sunggyu unconsciously curls up against Woohyun. Woohyun puts on his shirt and reties his bowtie, gathering Sunggyu’s discarded clothes and laying his jacket on him. Woohyun scoops Sunggyu up into his arms and carries him out. Myungsoo meets him in the hallway, says Hoya told him where he is.

 

            “So are we going home then?”

 

            Woohyun nods. “As you can see, Sunggyu won’t be able to attend the party anymore.”

 

            Myungsoo smiles and nods. “I’ll inform your family then.”

 

            Woohyun thanks him and walks forward, turning left at a staircase and walking down carefully so that Sunggyu doesn’t wake. Outside the car is waiting and Woohyun places Sunggyu inside carefully, about to slip in beside him when he hears someone stand beside him. “Leaving so soon?”

 

            “Hoya,” Woohyun says. “What do you want?”

 

            “Well I was going to say goodbye to Sunggyu but I see that that’s not possible right now. Oh, don’t look at me with such hostility.”

 

            Woohyun sighs, crossing his arms over his chest. “You know that Sunggyu and I are bonded. You saw the ceremony take place. So don’t get any ideas about him.”

           

            Hoya raises his eyebrow, the corner of his mouth twitching up. “Don’t you understand that Sunggyu is going to need more than just you to protect him?”

 

            “What are you talking about?”

 

            “Ah yes, you refuse to come to Council meetings so you wouldn’t know. That Sungjae character has been on the Council’s radar for a while now along with his little group of rogue vampires who’ve disrespected the rules for centuries. Did you think we didn’t know how Sunggyu ended up at the soiree?”

 

            “What do you know about Sungjae?”

 

            “Not much. Every time we try to find out more information all we come back with is a dead vampire. He’s dangerous and we know he wants Sunggyu but we don’t know what reason that is.”

 

            “So we’re in the same boat.”

 

            “You should really try being a part of the Council more. We could use your archive.”

 

            “My archive has no information on Sungjae. We’ve checked. And why does the Council even care about what Sungjae wants with Sunggyu?”

 

            “You really don’t get it, do you?”

 

            “Enlighten me, then.”

 

            “I figure that since Sungjae wants him so badly then the Council wants him, too, because of that. Push and pull, I suppose. But I’m not really too into the Council either,” Hoya shrugs.

 

            “So where does this leave us?”

 

            “On the same team.”

 

            “I don’t know if I like being on the same team as you, cousin.”

 

            “It’s what’s best for Sunggyu. Myungsoo may be one of the best but he has Sungyeol to look after, too. I, on the other hand, can dedicate my time. Especially when you are busy with your prince duties.”

 

            “You are so annoying when you make sense.” 

 

kay so no . i decided that this story doesnt need (at least not yet) and you'll just have to deal with it for now. 

do i have to say not proofread anymore?