chapter 14

Bite Me

chapter 14

 

 

 

Sunggyu vomits when servants and Sungyeol come rushing out upon hearing Sunggyu’s cry. Sungyeol runs to Myungsoo’s side, wrapping his arms around Myungsoo’s shoulders. Sunggyu wipes his mouth and watches as two servants lift Woohyun’s limp body and carry him swiftly inside. He watches, stumbling after them. Suzy comes to his side and supports his weight. After the adrenaline rush he starts to feel the pain in his back. His muscles are so sore and his head pounds. He feels sick and he thinks he might throw up again.

 

He ends up passing out because when he glances down at his hands and sees they’re covered in Woohyun’s blood, he blacks out, unable to look.

 

...

 

He wakes up in a daze. His whole body protests as he tries to move but he does it anyways because he needs to see Woohyun. He stands with much difficulty, touching the bandages wrapped around his waist and abdomen. He slowly makes his way out of his and Woohyun’s shared bedroom; he doesn’t know where Woohyun is but when he bumps into a servant carrying a plate of food, he blinks and asks immediately, “Where’s Woohyun?”

 

“Master Sunggyu, I’m so sorry for bumping into you but you should be in bed. You have a fever and you need to rest.”

 

“Where’s Woohyun?” he repeats.

 

“Eat something to regain your strength.”

 

“Please tell me where he is. I’ll eat something after I see him.”

 

The maid reluctantly gives in, placing the tray of delicious smelling food in front of the bedroom door. She leads him to a room on the opposite side of the mansion. They stop in front of a door and Sunggyu grips the doorknob. “Master Sunggyu, he’s not in the best condition—”

 

Sunggyu twists the doorknob and pushes it open, dragging his feet inside. The room is smaller and dark, lit only by a warm lamp in the corner. Woohyun’s lying down on the bed, his eyes closed. He looks like he’s in pain and has a terrible fever. Sunggyu rushes to his side, brushing away the hair sticking to Woohyun’s forehead. Sunggyu swallows. “Why isn’t he healing? He’s a vampire. Don’t they heal instantly?”

 

The maid lets out a sigh. “He hasn’t fed in days. The injuries he sustained won’t heal unless he feeds.”

 

Sunggyu blinks. She’s right — he hasn’t fed in days. Sunggyu remembers the rule; Woohyun can only drink from one person once he has Claimed. And that person is Sunggyu. Sunggyu slaps his forehead because he feels so goddamn stupid and selfish.

 

“Woohyun,” Sunggyu whispers gently, his damp cheek. He barely hears the maid leave and when the door closes Woohyun’s eyes flutter open. “Sunggyu?”

 

“It’s me, Woohyun.”

 

“You’re okay,” Woohyun smiles, reaching up to touch Sunggyu’s pale cheeks. “But you’re burning up. You have a fever,” he frowns.

 

“Don’t worry about me, Woohyun. I just need to eat a little then I’ll be better.”

 

“Then go eat.”

 

“You first.”

 

Woohyun shakes his head. “No.”

 

“Woohyun, you’re being an idiot. Are you seriously not going to drink my blood? You’ll die if you do that.”

 

“Sunggyu, I don’t want to hurt you.”

 

“I’m not a baby. I trust you so I know you’ll never hurt me. But seeing you like this hurts so I need you to drink my blood. Please, Woohyun.” Sunggyu tugs at the collar of his shirt until it falls and exposes his shoulder. He can see Woohyun gulp and eye the expanse of skin and he leans down, placing a chaste kiss on Woohyun’s slightly parted lips. He pulls away slowly and angles his neck so that he is totally exposed. Woohyun gives in and places a kiss against Sunggyu’s neck before piercing his fangs into the soft milky skin.

 

...

 

Woohyun heals about ten minutes after and forces Sunggyu to eat the food given to him. Sunggyu’ll be honest — he’s not hungry. But Woohyun tells him that if Sunggyu doesn’t eat he’ll force him to. Which he ends up doing anyways. “I feel like a baby,” Sunggyu pouts.

 

“I’m just making sure you eat.”

 

Woohyun scoops up a spoonful of soup and guides it into Sunggyu’s mouth. There’s a knock on the bedroom door and Woohyun places the tray of food on the bed beside Sunggyu. He stands and walks to the set of double doors, opening it up. Myungsoo and Sungyeol stand together, their hands intertwined. “We wanted to make sure Sunggyu was okay.”

 

“And not me? Your best friend?” Woohyun fakes hurt.

 

You heal. Sunggyu, on the other hand, is human and is easily breakable.”

 

“Should I be offended?” Sunggyu says, sitting upright.

 

“Are you insulting my Gyu?” Woohyun playfully grips Myungsoo’s collar. “How could I ever insult the Prince’s adorable Claimed?” Myungsoo pushes past Woohyun and Sungyeol skips, taking long strides until he falls onto the bed beside Sunggyu. Myungsoo moves the food out of the way before Sungyeol makes a mess and sits at the end of the bed. Woohyun frowns, slowly dragging his feet over.

 

“So how are you, Sunggyu? You’re probably shaken up, right?” Sungyeol asks.

 

“I’m okay. But what about you, Myungsoo?”

 

“I’m fine. Unlike Woohyun, I’m not a childish idiot.”

 

“What about Ailee?”

 

“She’s fine. She’s going back home to America with her husband. She said she was sorry she couldn’t protect you better and that she didn’t get a chance to say goodbye but that she won’t be gone for long.”

 

Sunggyu nods, relieved. “I think my fever would have gotten worse if she wasn’t okay.”

 

Sungyeol grabs Sunggyu’s shoulders and leans close. “You have a fever?!” he exclaims.

 

“Uh yeah.”

 

Sungyeol hugs Sunggyu, bringing him close and his messy hair. “My poor baby hamster has a fever,” he cooes. Woohyun pulls Sungyeol off and pushes Myungsoo off the bed, curling up beside Sunggyu. “He’d get better if you left him alone.”

 

 

“Doesn’t that include you, too?” Myungsoo raises his eyebrow.

 

Woohyun protectively wraps his arms around Sunggyu and presses their heads together. “Sunggyu would get worse without me, thank you very much. Now leave, please.”

 

Myungsoo bows (sarcastically) and takes Sungyeol’s hand. “Your wish is our command.”

 

The doors close behind them and Sunggyu looks at Woohyun disapprovingly. “You didn’t have to send them away. They were just worried.”

 

Woohyun reaches over and grabs the food, continuing to feed Sunggyu. “Yes but you know how Sungyeol gets — he’s too talkative. And Myungsoo won’t leave unless he does.”

 

Sunggyu rolls his eyes. “I guess you’re right,” he says in between bites. Sunggyu takes note of how much of a child Woohyun can be. Sometimes he’s scary, mysterious, chivalrous, a gentleman, ing y, or all of the above and he doesn’t understand how Woohyun can be so childish, too, but he manages it somehow.

 

He barely notices his fever as Woohyun feeds him another spoonful of warm soup, smiling warmly when Woohyun places a chaste kiss on his lips. 

 

 

 

 

not proofread. sue me (dont please im a poor teenager who needs money to spend on infinite and food)