Step by Step

A Reality That's Better than a Dream

 

Since it's Sunday, the girls did not practice for the whole day. Only on Sundays were the girls able to have some free time. Yoona, Jessica, Hyoyeon, Tiffany, and Sooyoung all went to church since it's a Sunday. As expected, they prayed for Jonghyun. Meanwhile the other members visited the hospital where Jonghyun is getting treated at. Ever since he regained his consciousness, they talked to him about this and that for about 30 minutes before leaving him and returning back to the dorm. And of course once they returned home, they all fell asleep. Once most of the members woke up, they just ate junk food while watching a drama. Halfway through the drama's air time, a commercial break interrupts the drama. During this commercial break, the members who went to church return. Tiffany and Jessica wash up while Hyoyeon passes out on her bed. Sooyoung heads to the kitchen while Yoona sits on the couch.

 

 

 

 

 

     "Yoona unnie, we visited Jonghyun oppa today. He's doing much better today. He was talking to us after regaining his consciousness." says the maknae.

 

 

 

     "Why would you guys do that? Let him have his rest, geez."

 

 

 

The older unnies just stare at Yoona in shock, since she spoke in an angry tone.

 

 

 

     "That's why we left early, geez Yoona. You can be so scary when you want." says Sunny

 

 

 

     "Hehe, sorry. How's his condition like?"

 

 

 

     "His knee is all cast up. But Jonghyun still maintained a positive attitude even with his injury. Wah, he's such a cool guy. " responds the leader.

 

 

 

     "Ah, I see. I'll set an appointment for next Sunday to visit him."

 

 

 

The others just stare at each other, each with a facial expression that says, "Hehe, our Yoona is falling in love". But the commercial break ends and the night gets darker as the eyes of the girls are fixed onto the drama.

 

 

 

 

 

     "Urghhhhhhh." Yoona says as she wakes up early in the morning the next day.

 

 

 

     "Ah, you scared me Yoona-yah. Did you have a nice sleep?"

 

 

 

Yuri watches Yoona who's struggling to kick off the blankets off her body, but she continues on her daily news check. Every morning, Yuri goes on every Korean news site and checks the major topics of the day. Today's headlines on almost every news site is, "FNC releases a statement to the public, regarding the condition of CNBLUE and their future plans." Yuri clicks on one and reads the article. 

 

"Unfortunately, CNBLUE was in a car crash yesterday. Jung Yonghwa, Kang Minhyuk, and Lee Jungshin all received little to no injuries. But Lee Jonghyun received an injury from the force of the car crushing down against his knee. The doctors revealed Lee Jonghyun's injury to be a left knee ligament sprain that will keep him in the hospital for two months. This will push the comeback date of CNBLUE to January of 2013. To those who were anticipating CNBLUE's comeback in November, FNC and CNBLUE promise to come back as strong as ever and deliver some great songs and make a fiery comeback in January. Please continue to support CNBLUE!"

 

 

 

     "Eyyy, CNBLUE is coming back at the same time as us. We got some heavy competition…" says Yuri.

 

 

 

     After getting the blankets off herself, Yoona quickly runs to Yuri's bed. "We're promoting at the same time as CNBLUE?"

 

 

 

     "Yeah. Lucky Yongseo couple… I wish I can promote at the same time as my boyfriend." After a moment of silence, Yuri turns around, only to see Yoona sitting on her bed, lost in her own world. "Lee Jonghyun's on your mind, isn't he?"

 

 

 

     "How'd you know? Wait, no. Nonnonono!" Yoona tries to save herself from her mistake.

 

 

 

     "I've been living with you for half my life, of course I would know." Yuri points out. "Anyways, do you like him or anything? You sounded like his wife yesterday, nagging at the members for visiting him at the hospital."

 

 

 

     "I don't know unnie. I usually don't have guys stuck in my head a lot, but for some reason Jonghyun's been in my head a lot lately." Yoona slowly reveals her secret that only Seohyun knows.

 

 

 

     "Why?" Yuri is a bit surprised at her confession.

 

 

 

     "I don't know."

 

 

 

     "Hmmmm. Ahh, this is going to be so fun." Yuri says out of nowhere.

 

 

 

     "What?"

 

 

 

     "You and Jonghyun."

 

 

 

     "What about us?" Yoona is confused.

 

 

 

     "Can't wait to see how this drama plays out."

 

 

 

     "So now you're a fangirl of us two?"

 

 

 

     "Yeah, of course! You guys are so cute! You guys would make the most beautiful babies ever!"

 

 

 

     "Eyyy, unnie and your erted thoughts." says Yoona as she walks out the room. She, along with the other members head toward the door, ready for another tiring day of practice.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Yoona really wanted to visit Jonghyun in the hospital, but she has no time. Of course, she's free to go after SNSD is done practicing, but that's usually at night, and that's when the nurses stop allowing visitors, since they want Jonghyun to rest. So she decided to set an appointment and visit Jonghyun on Sunday.

 

 

 

"I normally don't care about how I look in front of a guy, but for some reason I want to look my best in front of him. Hmm, what should I wear? Seohyun told me that he likes girls in a white shirt and jeans. But if I wear bright colors, that will bring too much attention to me, so I'll just wear my skinny jeans and my favorite gray shirt. And of course I need to wear a mask, so that a scandal doesn't break loose."

 

 

 

Whatever Yoona wears will look good on her, so she just heads out of the dorm with her manager's car keys in her hand. As soon as she enters the car, she inserts a CNBLUE CD. She sings along to the songs as she drives to the hospital.

 

 

 

     "Hi, I set an appointment about 3 days ago. I was wondering if-" Yoona says to the lady who works at the front desk, before getting cut off.

 

 

 

     "Sorry to interrupt, but who are you looking for?"

 

 

 

     "Jonghyun op-, Lee Jonghyun."

 

 

 

     "10:00 appointment for October 7th. Is Lee Yoona your name?"

 

 

 

Yoona nods her head shyly as the lady reads out her "name." The only reason she set an appointment as 'Lee Yoona' was because if she did it as 'Im Yoona', that would be too obvious. And also, she had a mask so the lady didn't recognize her. The lady had no suspicions, after all it's October. During October, more and more people are being admitted to the hospital with colds, so many people were wearing masks not to catch a cold.

 

 

 

     "Alright, just head upstairs, take a left, and just look for room 108."

 

 

 

     "Thank you so much."

 

 

 

Yoona follows the directions of the lady and soon finds herself a few inches a way from room 108. She straightens her hair, takes a deep breath, and then opens the door of room 108.

 

 

 

     "Hel-"

 

 

 

Yoona stops in the middle of her greeting when she sees Jonghyun sleeping on the white hospital bed. 

 

 

 

     "It's a good thing he's sleeping, since I want him to get his rest. But at the same time I wish he wakes up and talks to me." Yoona says to herself as she places a blanket that was on the floor on the sleeping Jonghyun.

 

 

 

After silently sitting in the room for about 15 minutes, Yoona soon falls asleep. 5 minutes after she falls asleep, Jonghyun wakes up from his nap.

 

 

 

     "Ahh, another boring day at the hospital. I think I slept too much." Jonghyun soon realizes that there's another person in the room. "Who's sleeping in my room? It can't be a nurse since she's not wearing what nurses usually wear. Who is she? Jonghyun picks up the crutches from the side of the bed and makes his way toward the chair that Yoona is sitting on.

 

 

 

He tries his best to hold the pain, but when he's a couple a steps away from her, he can't hold his pain any longer.

 

 

 

     "Owww!" screams Jonghyun.

 

 

 

Yoona awakens from the yell of pain.

 

 

 

     "Yoona?! What are you doing here?" Inside, Jonghyun is extremely happy.

 

 

 

     "The real question is, what are you doing here? Go back to your bed, you have a hurt leg! You should be resting it!"

 

 

 

     "Fine, I'll go back." Jonghyun is a bit shocked at her being so worried over him. As he turns around to go back to his bed, he feels a warm embrace around his stomach.

 

 

 

     "I'm so glad your okay. You had me worried for awhile, Jonghyunnie." Yoona doesn't even know why she gave him a back hug. "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness! Im Yoona just gave me a back hug! Ahh, I hope she lets go so I can go back to my bed and hide my face under the blankets. But I also hope she never lets go.. Ahh, Im Yoona you sure do know how to make me happy." She soon lets go and Jonghyun lies down on the bed again. Yoona is a bit sad because she for some reason really enjoyed the feeling she got when she hugged him. 

 

 

 

     "Why were you worried?"

 

 

 

     "YOU WERE IN A CAR CRASH BABO!"

 

 

 

     "I'm getting out of the hospital in two months..., I'm fine.."

 

 

 

     "I know but, seeing you hurt like that.. just made me hurt too."

 

 

 

     "I'm alright now, so smile okay? That's when you look the prettiest." Jonghyun says, shocking himself at his own direct statement.

 

 

 

     "Ahh, why does my heart beat so fast when he compliments me. Many people have complimented me before…" Yoona blushes and giggles. "Fine, Jonghyunnie. How's living in the hospital like?"

 

 

 

     "Everything around me is white. White bed, white blanket, white walls, white floor, white ceiling, white gowns, it makes me crazy." Jonghyun chuckles. "Thanks for visiting me, even though you're really busy these days."

 

 

 

     "Yeah, preparing for our comeback is so hard. What is CNBLUE up to these days?"

 

 

 

     "Nothing much has changed. They still practice, but without me. Even though I'm in the hospital I practice singing when all the nurses leave the room."

 

 

 

The two continue to talk for a long time and eventually the time has come for Yoona to leave, even though she doesn't want to.

 

 

 

     "Oh and I got a new phone! It's a Samsung Galaxy S3." Yoona says as she pulls out her phone.

 

 

 

     "Ahh, I have one too." 

 

 

 

     "Oh, that's cool. What's your number? I still have the slip of paper you gave me at the MBC building, but it's easier if you give it to me now."

 

 

 

The two exchange numbers and then say their goodbyes. After doing so, Yoona heads out the door.

 

 

 

"It's a good thing our friendship is slowly progressing..but a part of me wants to be more than friends with her..." Jonghyun lets out a big sigh before slamming his head on his pillow.