The Idiot Couple

A Reality That's Better than a Dream

Everyone sits down to eat dinner, since they assume that Jonghyun and Yoona will join them at the table. But, Sunny is still worried over Yoona's condition so she excuses herself to check up on Yoona. She walks into the dark hallway where the four rooms are at. The only light she sees is the one that is escaping from the bottom of the bathroom door. 

 

 

 

     "Jonghyun-ah, is Yoona okay?" Sunny has a worried look on her face as she stares at the white bathroom door.

 

 

 

     "Don't worry noona! I'm sorry for hurting your member like this! I promise I'll take good care of her! It might take a while though, so tell the others to eat without us." 

 

 

 

     "Leave some food for me!" adds the 2nd shikshin.

 

 

 

Sunny returns back to the dining room where everyone except Jungshin and Minhyuk are staring at her weirdly. 

 

 

 

     "What happened between them? Why aren't they coming?" Yonghwa asks as his forehead becomes wrinkled.

 

 

 

     "When will we eat?" Sooyoung can't hold her patience any longer as she is tempted by all the food that is in front of her face.

 

 

 

     "You guys can eat. Jonghyun told us to eat because they don't want to keep everyone waiting." Sunny then starts to explain to everyone the story of how Jonghyun hit Yoona and how she fell in his arms, and etc. Normally this would be the gossip of the dinner, but everyone is too focused on the delicious food that Yonghwa made, so everyone soon forgot about Jonghyun and Yoona.

 

 

 

Sooyoung sees Yoona's portion right next to her since Yoona was going to sit next to her. As she finishes up her portion, she grabs Yoona's and starts munching away.

 

 

 

     "Hey, that was Yoona's!" Sunny exclaims.

 

 

 

     "Whatever. I'm sure she'll find a way to fill up her stomach. As for me, this is how I'm going to fill up MY stomach." Sooyoung responds with food in .

 

 

 

     "I'm pretty sure hyung will find a way to fill up his stomach too…." Minhyuk thinks out loud. He then looks at Jungshin who has the same idea as him.

 

 

 

     "HEY THATS MINE!"

 

 

 

     "I THOUGHT OF IT FIRST!"

 

 

 

     Seohyun starts laughing at the two CNBLUE boys fighting over Jonghyun's portion. "When will your brothers grow up?" Seohyun asks the person right next to her.

 

 

 

     Yonghwa starts laughing along with Seohyun. "The day you and I get married."

 

 

 

     Seohyun blushes for a moment, before thinking of a clever comeback. "So, they're never going to grow up?"

 

 

 

     "Aish.." 

 

 

 

Yoona looks into the mirror and sees a bump on her head. It's not a big one, but it isn't a small bump either. Yoona is shocked as she stares at her own reflection.

 

 

 

     "See? I told you it was big. Go to my room and lay in my bed. I'll wet some towels and have you put it on your head."

 

 

 

     "Urghhh Jonghyun I told you I'm fine…"

 

 

 

     "Seems like the door hitting your head made you a bit crazy." mumbles Jonghyun.

 

 

 

     Unfortunately, Yoona heard this as she was walking out of the bathroom. "WHAT'D YOU SAY?"

 

 

 

     "Nothing…" Jonghyun says as he follows Yoona into his room with a wet towel in his hand.

 

 

 

After a while, Yoona's swelling on her head reduces. As Jonghyun notices the reducing of the swelling, he starts to feel proud of himself. While he's smiling to himself like an idiot, he hears Yoona's stomach growling.

 

 

 

     "You're hungry, aren't you? Your bump is practically gone now. Let's go eat our dinner."

 

 

 

     "Good idea."

 

 

 

Jonghyun walks out the door and heads over to the dining room, with Yoona following him. As Jonghyun is walking, he notices that the house has its lights turned off. The only light that is visible is from the TV. 

 

 

 

     "Hey, what's the meaning of this?" Jonghyun turns on the dining room light as everyone else continues to watch a movie.

 

 

 

     "Sorry Jonghyun-ah, we ate your food." Hyoyeon comes up with a lame excuse.

 

 

 

     "Hey can you turn off the light? We're trying to watch a movie over here." Yonghwa starts nagging at Jonghyun.

 

 

 

Jonghyun listens to Yonghwa and turns the light off. He is dumbfounded at the fact that their food has been eaten by the other members. Jonghyun quickly stares at Yoona, who is also confused. She is just standing there with her eyes on the movie, not knowing what to do. As Jonghyun spends a few moments trying to come up with an idea, he suddenly grabs his car keys and grabs Yoona by her hand.

 

 

 

     "What are you-"

 

 

 

     "Well, we're going to have to eat somehow right?" Jonghyun interrupts Yoona.

 

 

 

     "Where are you trying to take me?" 

 

 

 

     "To a restaurant you dummy." 

 

 

 

     "Urgh, yeah I know that but what if the paparazzi catches us?" Yoona is still cautious.  

 

 

 

     "Don't worry. I know of a place where the owner is my old judo coach. I just need to call him and he'll give us a private room. It's kind of far though. Do you think you can hold your hunger until then?"

 

 

 

Yoona is pretty convinced with the idea..

 

 

 

     "Is the food there good?"

 

 

 

     "Of course!"

 

 

 

     "A dinner with only the two of us? I guess this is my chance to explain everything." "Ugh fine…" Yoona gives up and both of them make their way toward the exit.

 

 

 

     "Hey where are they going?" asks the shocked Yonghwa

 

 

 

     "To eat, you dummy." responds Jungshin, mocking Jonghyun's voice from earlier when he teased Yoona.

 

 

 

     "Who are you calling dumb?" Yonghwa shouts back.

 

 

 

     "Can you guys be quiet? Let's just watch the movie." Seohyun interrupts the fighting brothers.

 

 

 

Jonghyun arrives at his car, with Yoona behind him. As both enter the car, the only thing that can be heard is the car's air conditioner. Jonghyun glances at the silent Yoona before he suddenly reaches over to grab her seatbelt. Their faces aren't that far from each other and as Yoona realizes what's going on, Jonghyun pulls back.

 

 

 

Click!

 

 

 

Jonghyun quickly faces the window as he is trying to hide his blushing face. "There, your seatbelt is done. Let's go." "Her fragrance smells so good, and her lips looked so kissable. Ahh, get these erted thoughts out of your mind."

 

 

 

Yoona stares at Jonghyun with a shocked expression on her face. "I've only seen his face up close on TV when they zoom in on his face, but I've never seen his face up close in person. But the distance between his face and mine was about 5 inches. I've filmed kiss scenes before, where the distance between my face and the actor's face is obviously less than 5 inches, but my heart doesn't beat that much faster during those scenes, so why is my heart beating so fast right now?" 

 

 

 

     "Why did you just do that?" asks Yoona.

 

 

 

     "Just trying to act like a gentleman." he nonchalantly replies.

 

 

 

     Yoona is still not convinced. "Then why didn't you open the door for me?"

 

 

 

     "You need me to open the door for you?"

 

 

 

     Yoona crosses her arms and faces the window "Well, I could have put the seatbelt on all by myself." 

 

 

 

     "My car's seat belts are a bit weird. I was just trying to be helpful, geez." replies Jonghyun as he pulls back from the parking spot his car was in.

 

 

 

Yoona doesn't have a response to this, so she just silently sits there. While she just sits there, she suddenly remembers her thoughts from a few hours back, when she was in Hyoyeon's car. 

 

 

 

     "Umm Jonghyun…. you know a few days back you told me to text you.."

 

 

 

     "Yeah, I remember. It's okay, you didn't have to text me. It was your decision." Jonghyun doesn't even look at Yoona as he responds to her.

 

 

 

     "It was because I broke my phone the same day you gave me your number you idiot." 

 

 

 

     "Oh, I see. Then tell me what you were going to text me if you hadn't broken your phone. This car ride is going to be a long one. The restaurant is pretty far."

 

 

 

     "I've always wondered why you always think that I hate you." It was a red light so Jonghyun stared into Yoona's eyes as she bravely said this statement. 

 

 

 

      "You don't remember when I visited you in your waiting room two years back? I tried acting friendly with you, but you just put on a poker face and walked straight past me. And then I thought to myself that you were probably just in a bad mood. But then as soon as you walked past me, you walk right into Donghae hyung's arms with a big smile on your face."

 

 

 

      "I-I.." 

 

 

 

     "Forget it." Jonghyun breaks the eye contact with Yoona and faces back towards the road, where the street lights turn green.

 

 

 

     "YOU WON'T EVEN LET ME EXPLAIN!" Jonghyun is shocked at Yoona yelling at him, but he continues to drive.

 

 

 

     Yoona then takes a deep breath as she begins to tell her story. "When I first saw you guys on your debut stage, I thought you guys were so cool. I kept saying how Jungshin looked so cool when he played the bass guitar, how Yonghwa was such a good singer and how Minhyuk looked so charismatic when he played the drums. But when it came to describe you, I just couldn't describe you in one word. Maybe at that time the word I was thinking of was mysterious? Anyways, I just kept staring at you, trying to find a word that described you. At that time I was with Donghae and he was sitting right next to me as we were watching Music Bank. He's a jealous type so he got mad at me for staring at you too long."

 

 

 

Jonghyun continues to drive, still listening to every word she says.

 

 

 

     "So when you and Yonghwa came in our waiting room, you guys still left the door open and that's where Donghae was standing. When you called my name and grabbed my attention, I noticed that Donghae was just glaring at you. He probably misunderstood at that time. So that's why I ignored you, so that Donghae wouldn't get mad at neither me nor you… But you never allowed me to explain.. until now. I never hated you Lee Jonghyun, I never did. But you on the other hand-" Yoona was on a roll before Jonghyun interrupted her.

 

 

 

     Jonghyun feels a bit guilty after hearing her explanation. "Aish, babo Lee Jonghyun. I never hated you either. The only reason I was acting cold around you was to get revenge on you for acting so cold to me… I was always open to an apology and I probably would have accepted one if you gave me one."

 

 

 

     "Well now that I gave you one, will you accept it?" Jonghyun can see the sparkles in her eyes, hoping that he would accept her apology.

 

 

 

     "Uhh, sure. But won't Donghae hyung get mad at me?" 

 

 

 

     "Hmm, maybe. But I could care less. Him and I are over."

 

 

 

 Jonghyun can see the sparkles in her eyes again, but this time it's for a different reason.

 

 

 

     "Well who's your new boyfriend?" Jonghyun let his curiosity get the best of him

 

 

 

     "He was the only guy I've ever loved." 

 

 

 

Jonghyun has mixed feelings over this statement. He's sad because that means Yoona isn't into boys that much, if she's only loved one guy, but at the same time, he's happy because she's single, which means he still has a chance.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________