1 vs. 8

A Reality That's Better than a Dream

 

After Yoona and Jonghyun finish eating, Yoona decides to go to the bathroom since the trip back is going to take a while. She spends her time at the mirror, fixing her hair. While Yoona is in the bathroom, Jonghyun is sitting, waiting for the pay check to arrive. Then out of nowhere, a noise suddenly comes from his phone.

 

From: Leader Yong

I don't know what you two are doing, but once you guys are done, take Yoona to her dorm. Good luck facing the 8 girls (:

 

 

 

To: Leader Yong

What? Why?

 

 

 

From: Leader Yong

All the girls left and they're probably at their dorm since they left about 15 minutes ago. We finished watching a movie and they just left. They said they wanted to rest at their dorm. :(

 

 

 

To: Leader Yong

But SNSD.. hyung.. they're scary.

 

 

 

From: Leader Yong

Hahaha, good luck Jong. In order to love a SNSD member, you have to get through the other 8. I went through this too you know. Just make a good impression to the girls and you'll be fine.

 

 

 

To: Leader Yong

Fine. See you at the dorm, if I manage to live through today.. -.-

 

 

 

From: Leader Yong

Hwaiting!

 

 

 

After Yoona returns from the bathroom and Jonghyun pays the check, the two head back to the car to start another long car ride. 

 

 

 

     "Hey.."

 

 

 

     "Yeah?"

 

 

 

     "I'm taking you to your dorm."

 

 

 

     "Why?"

 

 

 

     "Your members left our dorm and returned to their dorm."

 

 

 

     "Ahh, okay.."

 

 

 

Jonghyun continues to drive and Yoona stares out the window ever since she said those words. There isn't really a response to "Ahh, okay." that Jonghyun could have responded with, so the conversation ended. But Yoona takes the initiative and tries to start another conversation.

 

 

 

     "Oppa."

 

 

 

     He's still a bit surprised at her calling him her oppa, but he soon responds. "Mhmm?"

 

 

 

     "You know how you said you had girls ask you out? I'm just so curious to know who the girls were… Sorry for being rude, you don't have to tell me, I was just trying to start a conversation.." she says with innocence.

 

 

 

     "Hmm, well I had a few members of AOA ask me, KARA's Seungyeon, 4minute's Jihyun, and two girls from Rainbow… along with Sojin from Girls' Day." He suddenly pauses, before he lets out a sigh. (pretty sure none of these girls asked him out; they were just added for the story.)

 

 

 

Yoona notices this pause, but doesn't bug him to know what happened between the two. She was confident that something happened between the two, but she moved on from the topic and instead talked to him about other things. The two started sharing stories about their student life, childhood, idol life, and so on before she eventually fell asleep. Jonghyun was so happy when he and Yoona had a conversation going, but now he's just driving the car in silence. Sometimes when there's a red light, he turns his head and stares at her for a while, before driving again when it turns into a green light. But on the red light on the street near SNSD's dorm, he quickly pulls out his phone and texts Seohyun.

 

 

 

To: HYUNngsoonim  

Hey Seohyun, I know you and the girls are really worried in your dorm right now. Don't worry I'll be there with Yoona soon. I know you guys are all tired so I'll just carry her to your room, since I'm sure you guys don't want to come down, carry her, then go back up. Just don't be surprised when someone knocks on the door alright?

 

 

 

From: HYUNgsoonim

Alright oppa! Drive safe!

 

 

 

Since Jonghyun has visited the SNSD dorm a couple times with Yonghwa, he has no trouble driving there. The real trouble, however, is how he is going to get Yoona to her dorm. It's not like he can wake her up, especially after hearing her story about how she only sleeps 5 hours a day, ever since debuting. Normally if this was any other girl, Jonghyun would just be his cold self and just wake the girl up. But for Yoona, it's different. He cares for her, which is weird since he's never cared for any other girl. He just couldn't stand her being sad and instead he wanted her to always have a smile on her face. That's when he thought she looked the best, other than when she performs on stage, of course.

 

 

 

Jonghyun parks his car in the basement, and opens his door to leave, then gently closes it. He walks around his car to open her door and once he does, he picks up the sleeping Yoona and carries her on his back. He then uses his hip to close the door, before locking his car. 

 

 

 

He then carries the lightweight Yoona onto the elevator, where he waits for it to arrive on the floor where SNSD lives on. "She eats twice as much as I do, but I weigh twice as much as she does…." 

 

 

 

Ding-dong!

 

 

 

He stops in front of the door where SNSD lives, before he presses the doorbell. Inside, his heart is beating faster than ever.

 

 

 

     "Hi Jonghyun oppa!" says the only girl who expected the arrival of Jonghyun.

 

 

 

     "Where's Yoona's room?" whispers Jonghyun.

 

 

 

     "Just follow me." replies Seohyun.

 

 

 

The other 7 members are in shock as they see Yoona on Jonghyun's back. The girls closely watch as he walks into Yoona's room. They patiently wait for Jonghyun to step back out, before they bombard him with questions. Once Jonghyun walks out with Seohyun, the questions start coming from every direction in the room. Seohyun just grabs his wrist and leads him to the living room so Yoona doesn't wake up from the noise.

 

 

 

     "Where did you guys go?"

 

 

 

     "What did you do to her?"

 

 

 

     "Why did you guys come so late?"

 

 

 

     "ENOUGH!" yells the leader. "This isn't how we greet our brother-in-law."

 

 

 

The members all feel guilty and proceed to introduce themselves to Jonghyun.

 

 

 

     "It's wonderful to see my sister-in-laws again. But, I didn't think we'd meet up like this."

 

 

 

     "So can you tell us what happened between you two?" asks Taeyeon. All the other members are focused on Jonghyun, since the question that every single one of them had in their mind has been asked.

 

 

 

     "Well Yoona and I had our dinner portion eaten by the other members, so I just took her out to dinner at my favorite restaurant instead," he nervously responds.

 

 

 

     "YAH, CHOI SOOYOUNG!"

 

 

 

     "How did you know it was me?"

 

 

 

     "Did you really just ask that? You're the number one shikshin in SNSD!"

 

 

 

     Sooyoung then turns to Jonghyun and apologizes. Taeyeon apologizes as well. "Sorry for making you go through this. I know that the relationship between you two isn't good, but thank you for taking Yoona out to dinner." 

 

 

 

     "No, no. It's alright Taeyeon noona. Yoona and I are friends now."

 

 

 

     "Friends?" screams most of SNSD.

 

 

 

     "Yup." says Jonghyun as he nods his head. As he nods his head, he catches a glimpse of his watch. "Ah, it's 10:35 right now. I think I should go now, I have morning practice tomorrow." "Once they saw Yoona on my back, they were ready to eat me up alive. Thank goodness I have an excuse to save me."

 

 

 

Since CNBLUE is preparing for their comeback, SNSD decides to let him off the hook. Normally, the girls would ask questions nonstop, but today is an exception. And besides, all the girls were going to sleep soon anyway, since they have morning practice as well.

 

 

 

The 8 SNSD members all changed into their pajamas and each of them went to their rooms to sleep. Well, except for Yuri. She doesn't know what to do since she shares a room with Yoona. The door is closed, and opening it might wake her up. "But I have to get in my room!"  As Yuri pushes the door open, some sounds are made. It wasn't the loudest noise, but it was loud enough to wake Yoona up. Yoona becomes startled as she just realizes she's on her bed.

 

 

 

     "Unnie, why am I here? All I remember is being in a car." 

 

 

 

     "Jonghyun took you home. He carried you all the way to our dorm and even placed you in your bed. He's such a cool gentleman. Ah, I wish I had a boyfriend like him."

 

 

 

     "But you have Jonghoon!"

 

 

 

     "I know but around me, Jonghoon acts childish and cutesy. Meanwhile, your guy is a handsome and manly type of guy." says Yuri as she puts the blanket over her body.

 

 

 

     "Wait, what do you mean 'your guy'?"

 

 

 

     "I saw your expression when I said I wanted a boyfriend that's cool as Jonghyun. And then when you said, 'But you have Jonghoon!' you had some anger in your voice." Yuri laughs. "It's like you were telling me to back off of Jonghyun, since I have Jonghoon."

 

 

 

     "No, no it wasn't like that unnie." she quickly denies.

 

 

 

     "It's alright Yoona. You can have Jonghyun all to yourself. I have Jonghoon after all, haha."

 

 

 

     "Aish, whatever. Just sleep unnie."

 

 

 

Yuri was going to ask Yoona about her dinner with Jonghyun, but since she was tired, she fell into a deep sleep. But Yoona can't sleep at all, since she had already slept earlier. And besides, that Lee Jonghyun is on her mind right now. She can't stop thinking about what had happened tonight.

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, 7 hours of the day were spent on choreography practice. In fact, they were worked so hard that they didn't even have time to talk to each other, so the topic of Yoona and Jonghyun wasn't brought up. And if they did have time, they'd usually be too tired for any words to escape out of their mouths. So once the females arrived at their dorm, the teasing began.

 

 

 

     "Yoona-yah, since when did you become friends with Jonghyun?"

 

 

 

     "How was your dinner date?"

 

 

 

     "Yeah, how come you never told us?"

 

 

 

     "Is he the romantic type?"

 

 

 

Yoona just came back from a nice shower after practice and walks into the living room. She soon regrets her decision to come into the living room as soon as she sees all the SNSD members, except Seohyun, crowding around her. The reason Seohyun isn't at the dorm because she had a photoshoot for a magazine.

 

 

 

     "No, no, it was just a regular dinner unnies. You guys are taking it too far." says the embarrassed Yoona.

 

 

 

     "So all you guys did was just eat?" Tiffany asks with disappointment.

 

 

 

     "Pretty much.."

 

 

 

     "Boo, that's boring. Then how did you guys become friends when all you did was eat?" Jessica asks the question that was in everyone's mind.

 

 

 

     "Yeah, how did that happen?" Yuri joins in.

 

 

 

     "I told him the story of the incident 2 years ago, and he listened. I apologized him to him and he accepted. And for the rest of the car ride we started talking about a bunch of different topics. He's really compatible with me."

 

 

 

The older members couldn't help to smile after hearing that Jonghyun and Yoona reconciled. They never understood why the two were never friendly with each other. The two were 15 days apart, so the SNSD members thought that the two would become close friends. But that never happened because of the encounter at the waiting room. Whenever the two groups met after that incident, the SNSD members could feel the tension between the two. But, the older members decided to respect Yoona's privacy and not bug her about it.

 

 

 

     "You like him don't you?" asks Yuri.

 

 

 

     "What do you mean?"

 

 

 

     "I woke up in the middle of the night and I turn around, only to see you smiling like an idiot in your sleep." Yoona's roommate explains.

 

 

 

     "Oh and when we visited the CNBLUE dorm, Jonghyun and Yoona were right in front of the door and the two just stared at each other for eternity. It was like I watching two lovers in a drama." Sooyoung adds to the teasing.

 

 

 

     "Ugh whatever, I'm going to dry my hair." says Yoona as she quickly runs into the bathroom.

 

 

 

     "Why didn't she deny it when we asked her if she likes him?" Jessica points out.

 

 

 

     "Who knows, maybe she actually does like him." Hyoyeon says while laughing out loud.

 

 

 

As SNSD teases Yoona behind her back, the laughter of 7 females can be heard. But as the 7 members were watching the 7 o'clock news, their laughter soon died down. After reading the headline, silence is everywhere around the large dorm.