Love Light

A Reality That's Better than a Dream

"Thanks so much for inviting me to the concert. Keep in touch alright?" she softly says.

 

 

 

"Okay." he simply replies. Before Yoona can say anything, he pulls her into a hug. "Don't overwork yourself alright? Take care, I'll miss you."

 

 

 

"I'll miss you too, Jonghyunnie," she says as she breaks the hug. She waves goodbye to Jonghyun and she then quickly turns around to hide her blushing face. "Ahh, he said he's going to miss me! But I'm pretty sure he's going to miss me as a friend and not in a romantic way or anything… But what kind of friend is he for pulling me into a hug and saying those words? Aish, so confusing."

 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

"Hyung, where are you going?" asks Jonghyun two days after the concert.

 

 

 

"To the SM building,"

 

 

 

"Why?" Jonghyun stares at Yonghwa in confusion.

 

 

 

"They asked me to come and give opinions on their new album tracks." the leader responds as he puts on his jacket.

 

 

 

"Ahh, I see." Jonghyun then sits back down on the sofa and continues to watch TV.

 

 

 

"Want to come?"

 

 

 

"Huh?" asks Jonghyun in shock as he looks at his hyung.

 

 

 

"Do you want to come with me?" Yonghwa repeats his question.

 

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

 

"Well, I'm going to be lonely… just come with me. You have some good insight on music as well. I don't think the SM producers will mind. The more feedback, the better."

 

 

 

"Is Yoona in the SM building as well, or is she at a different schedule? Eh, whatever, I'll just go." "Hmm, fine."

 

 

 

"Besides, you can meet your Yoona." teases the leader.

 

 

 

"Whatever, hyung." says Jonghyun as he leaves the dorm along with Yonghwa, leaving the two sleeping maknaes alone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

"Dang, SM has a big building." remarks Jonghyun as soon as they enter.

 

 

 

"Yeah, I know right." says Yonghwa as his eyes dart around the building.

 

 

 

"Where exactly are we supposed to go?"

 

 

 

"Just follow me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I wonder where all the idols are at? All I saw were staff members.." Jonghyun says as he walks onto the elevator.

 

 

 

"That's because there are rarely any idols on the main floor."

 

 

 

"Oh."

 

 

 

"Why? Are you looking for her?" teases the leader.

 

 

 

"Well no, I was looking for my Kyu-line members." Jonghyun comes up with an excuse.

 

 

 

"Yeah right." Yonghwa laughs. "Come on, lets go." he says as the elevator stops.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hello, sir. I'm Yonghwa and this is Jonghyun. I know you only invited me, but Jonghyun is just as good as I am in composing songs, so I decided to bring him along with me so he can provide some of his opinions as well." 

 

 

 

"No problem. The more opinions, the better!" responds the producer.

 

 

 

Yonghwa nudges Jonghyun. "See, I told you." he says as they greet the others in the music studio.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's only 3:14. Want to stay for a bit before we eat dinner at home?" Yonghwa asks after the meeting with the producers.

 

 

 

"You just want to meet hyungsoonim, don't you?" Jonghyun teases the man in love.

 

 

 

"Of course…"

 

 

 

Jonghyun sighs. "Fine, let's stay."

 

 

 

"Why are you so unhappy? You're going to meet Yoona anyway."

 

 

 

"Is she even here?" says Jonghyun as he looks around.

 

 

 

"I don't know, probably. Only way we find out is if we check." Yonghwa says before walking around.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What are you guys doing here?"

 

 

 

Jonghyun and Yonghwa turn around to find the person who asked this question.

 

 

 

"Oh? Hey Krystal!" Jonghyun greets her with a warm and welcoming smile.

 

 

 

"Sorry we gotta go. We don't want to get beaten up at home by your boyfriend." Yonghwa teases as he drags Jonghyun along with him.

 

 

 

"Eyyy, Minhyuk's not even that type of jealous guy." Krystal mutters to herself as the two guys widen their gap between her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where are you taking me?" Jonghyun asks Yonghwa, who's still dragging him.

 

 

 

"To SNSD's practice room."

 

 

 

"Why? I bet they're still practicing."

 

 

 

"Well if that's the case, I guess we can just wait outside the door."

 

 

 

The two CNBLUE members continue to walk on the third floor of the SM building, in the direction of a room where the song the two heard earlier in the studio, "I Got A Boy" can be heard. The two stop at the room they assume to be SNSD's practice room, since the song can be heard the loudest in front of the room's door.

 

 

 

"Now what? We can't just interrupt their practice." Jonghyun says while he crosses his arms.

 

 

 

"Let's just wait outside this room."

 

 

 

"And do what?"

 

 

 

"Sleep for a bit?"

 

 

 

"On the floor?"

 

 

 

"Where else?"

 

 

 

"We're going to look like beggars."

 

 

 

"I don't think anyone's going to come up here." 

 

 

 

And with that, Yonghwa sat on the floor while resting his back on the wall. Jonghyun soon followed, but didn't bother to close his eyes like his hyung did. But after waiting for 10 minutes, Jonghyun soon fell asleep from the boredom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Alright girls, great practice today. We're trying to have shorter practices these days, so that you guys will be fresh for the comeback. That's why today's practice will end today." the manager says while the 9 females cheer. 

 

 

 

The SNSD members walked out of the room after saying their goodbyes to the dance coordinators and singing teachers who monitored their every move while they were practicing. The SNSD members were in for a sweet surprise once they saw the two males sleeping, with their backs against the wall. Each member looked at each other with a face full of confusion. Some even pinched themselves to make sure that what they're seeing is real. Eventually, Taeyeon broke the silence.

 

 

 

"Ahem." Taeyeon tries to wake up the two CNBLUE members, but fails. "AHEM!" she says once more, this time succeeding.

 

 

 

"What are you two doing here?" asks the girlfriend of one of the members.

 

 

 

"Oh… what? W-w-OH! Ummm. We- uh." Yonghwa nervously stutters. "YAH LEE JONGHYUN WAKE UP!" he yells to the man sitting next to him, who is still in his own little world.

 

 

 

"W-what happened hyung?" Jonghyun then sees 9 pairs of female eyes staring at him. "OH. Hello." he awkwardly bows and greets the other members, causing the 9 females to laugh.

 

 

 

"Why are you guys here?" Seohyun asks again.

 

 

 

"We had a meeting with the producers of your album." Yonghwa responds to his girlfriend.

 

 

 

"Why?" asks Yuri.

 

 

 

"They wanted us to provide feedback on your guys's album." Jonghyun responds to Yuri.

 

 

 

"Then, oppa, why are you in front of our practice studio?" asks Yoona.

 

 

 

Jonghyun stares at Yoona, enjoying every precious second that his eyes are able to see her face. "This guy wanted to see his girlfriend." he says while turning his head to the man next to him.

 

 

 

"Eyyyyyy." The other members say in unison, teasing the two lovers.

 

 

 

"Then oppa, shall we go?" Seohyun says, while grabbing her boyfriend's arm.

 

 

 

"To where?" Yonghwa asks while a grin appears on his face.

 

 

 

"Remember? I promised to teach you how to dance one day!"

 

 

 

"Alright, let's go!" Yonghwa says with a cheeky smile.

 

 

 

"Should we go too?" Yoona asks Jonghyun, while everyone else is focused on the YongSeo couple.

 

 

 

Jonghyun is caught by surprise. "Huh?"

 

 

 

"You promised me you would teach me how to play the guitar!"

 

 

 

"WHAT?" the other SNSD members say in unison.

 

 

 

 

To avoid the incoming bombardment of teasing from the other members, Yoona quickly holds his hand and drags him away from the members. The two continue to go hand-in-hand as Yoona drags him to who-knows-where. Jonghyun stares at his and her hands holding, and smiles to himself. His smile soon falls off his face once she lets go of his hands.

 

 

 

"Where are we going?" Jonghyun asks as he wipes his sweaty palms on his jeans.

 

 

 

"To TRAX's practice room. That's where we put all the instruments, since they don't use it anymore, now that they're not active." she responds.

 

 

 

"Ahh, I see. Any song you want to learn?"

 

 

 

"Not really." she says as she opens the door of a room that Jonghyun assumes is TRAX's room. "Just teach me a simple and easy song."

 

 

 

"Hmm, I have one in mind." Jonghyun says as he walks in.

 

 

 

"What is it?"

 

 

 

"Love Light."

 

 

 

"Love Light?"

 

 

 

"Yeah, it's a pretty easy song to learn."

 

 

 

"Hmm, alright." Yoona picks up a guitar. "Here use this one." she says as she hands it to him. Yoona then picks up another guitar and proceeds to place it in her arms.

 

 

 

"Shall we start?"

 

 

 

And with that, Jonghyun begins his lesson. After observing her playing for about half an hour, he's amazed on how fast she learns how to play. "She can dance, she can sing, she can act, she can play guitar, what can't she do?" "Wow, you're amazing Yoona."

 

 

 

"Hehe, thanks. By the way, can you call me something else?"

 

 

 

"What do you mean?"

 

 

 

"I gave you a nickname, so why don't you give me a nickname?"

 

 

 

"Well, what do you want me to call you?"

 

 

 

"Hmm, Yoong?"

 

 

 

"Yoong?" 

 

 

 

"Yeah."

 

 

 

"Hmm, sounds good."

 

 

 

The two continue on in the lesson. Yoona continues to impress Jonghyun, but eventually she struggles with a certain part in Love Light. After struggling to hit the right tune for 5 minutes straight, she requests some help.

 

 

 

"Oppa, I need help."

 

 

 

"Alright." Jonghyun scoots over next to Yoona. He then puts his arm around her, taking control over her guitar, and giving her a "hug" in the process.

 

 

 

Yoona's shocked expressions is completely wiped away by her true feelings; a wide smile appears on her face. Jonghyun, however, can't see this because he's too concentrated on teaching her the chords. Unfortunately though, Yoona isn't listening because she's in her own world again. "He's hugging me so close,… so close that I can smell the manly scent he's giving off. I wonder what perfume he uses because whatever it is, it smells so good…"

 

 

 

"Wait, can you teach me that part again?" she asks.

 

 

 

"Sure." He then tightens the grip on her and continues to teach.

 

 

 

This time, Yoona actually tries hard to pay attention, but she's still a bit distracted by the "hug".

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you guys having fun?" a voice that belongs to a man booms around the room.

 
 
 
____________________________________________________________________________________
 
I would just like to say how grateful I am for all my subscribers and your guys' comments. It's what keeps me going when writing this story. However, I honestly don't think I deserve over 150 subs xD. If I read this story, I'd be a bit bored with how slow it takes for the plot to develop, but don't worry, only a few more chapters to go before the "action" starts to happen (:
 
And to all those who commented, saying that they wanted some YongSeo mixed in, your requests haven't gone unnoticed! I'm planning to write a story about JongYoon and YongSeo in their college lives with HoonYul and KryMin  being the minor couples. So, be on the lookout!