5 - Jerk

SoShi Horror School

“Kim Taeyeon I don’t really like your attitude. Can’t you just forget about the past? It wasn’t even your fault. You were just naïve back then,” Mr. Kim said to his daughter.

 

Taeyeon frowned. She hated it whenever her father brought up the past in their conversation. “You don’t know how I feel back then. I trusted him but he was only using me for power. How do you expect me to trust the new girl? What if she does the same to me?” Taeyeon asked her father coldly.

 

Mr. Kim sighed. “I know you used to like him Taeyeon but Tiffany’s different. She can help you if you trust her. You don’t have to tell her about your past.”

 

“What is she exactly? I can’t read her at all,” Taeyeon asked another question.

 

Mr. Kim smiled. “You have to find it out yourself. After school, I want you to send her home. Take a walk at the park or something and get to know her.”

 

“Only this once and that’s because I miss walking around since you rarely allow me to go out,” Taeyeon glared at her father and walked out of his office. Mr. Kim chuckled and smiled afterwards.

 

“You have no idea how much she can change you Taeyeon,” Mr. Kim said in his mind.

 

*~*

 

School had ended and Tiffany was waiting for Mr. Kim at the entrance. Sunny had asked if she wanted to join the gang after school but Tiffany politely declined the offer and told them that she would join in the next time.

 

Ten minutes passed and Tiffany did not see Mr. Kim at all. She was already tired and wanted to leave by herself but she did not really know the way back. Just then, Siwon came towards her and patted her shoulder. Tiffany jumped in shock and Siwon chuckled. “I’m sorry,” he apologized. “Are you waiting for someone?”

 

“Yeah, I’m waiting for Mr. Kim. He’s sending me home,” Tiffany answered.

 

“The teachers have a meeting today though. It won’t end until half an hour later. Should I send you home instead?” Siwon offered.

 

Tiffany shook her head. She did not feel safe having someone she just knew walk her back home. “No thanks. I can wait for another half an hour,” Tiffany said and slightly bowed to Siwon.

 

Taeyeon had just finished her classes and she made her way to the entrance. She saw Siwon talking to Tiffany and rolled her eyes. She never did like Siwon. The guy flirts with almost all the female students regardless of their types.

 

“Go home Siwon. She’s with me. My father told me to send her home,” Taeyeon said and purposely emphasized on the word father to make Siwon go away.

 

Siwon growled lowly and glared at Taeyeon before walking away. “Let’s go. I don’t have all day,” Taeyeon said as she looked directly into Tiffany’s eyes.

 

“I-It’s okay. I c-can wait for Mr. Kim. Y-You don’t have to force yourself if you don’t want to,” Tiffany stuttered. She was shocked at the sudden eye contact. She swore she felt her heart skipped a beat when Taeyeon looked directly into her eyes.

 

“My father told me to send you home. I don’t want to get scolded by him again so let’s go,” Taeyeon said in an annoyed tone and walked ahead first.

 

“Wait for me!” Tiffany shouted and fastened her pace to catch up with Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon decided to take a long way back to Tiffany’s house since she wanted to enjoy the fresh air. However, Tiffany was already feeling tired after walking for half an hour. She was trailing far from Taeyeon. Finally noticing that Tiffany was not close to her, Taeyeon turned around and let out a sigh when she saw that Tiffany was about a hundred metres away from her.

 

“Can we rest for a while? I’m tired,” Tiffany asked.

 

“No,” Taeyeon answered with a straight face.

 

“Please~” Tiffany pouted.

 

“No,” Taeyeon still insisted.

 

“Carry me then,” Tiffany pouted.

 

“We’ll take a rest at the ice cream shop around the corner,” Taeyeon groaned. Tiffany clapped her hands and smiled, showing her eye smile. “Thank you Taeyeon!”

 

Taeyeon frowned and led them to the ice cream shop.

 

*~*

 

“I want a strawberry ice cream. Can you please buy for me? I promise I will pay you back once we get home,” Tiffany asked Taeyeon with puppy eyes.

 

Taeyeon did not know how long she could keep up with Tiffany. She was starting to regret agreeing to take a break. Tiffany did not seem tired at all. “Tiffany? I thought Mr. Kim is sending you home? What are you doing here with Taeyeon? Wait… Taeyeon?!” Sooyoung said but then exclaimed when she saw Taeyeon.

 

“I’ll go get your strawberry ice cream and we’ll leave straight away,” Taeyeon muttered and walked to the counter.

 

“Why is Taeyeon with you?” Sunny asked Tiffany.

 

“I don’t know. She told me that Mr. Kim told her to send me home,” Tiffany answered.

 

“Here’s your ice cream. Let’s go now. I don’t want your father to worry,” Taeyeon said as she returned with Tiffany’s ice cream. Seeing that Tiffany was not moving, Taeyeon held onto Tiffany’s wrist and dragged her out of the store. “Eat your ice cream while we walk back to your house.”

 

“They are your friends. Why are you acting like you don’t know them?” Tiffany asked.

 

“It’s none of your business alright? You don’t have to know,” Taeyeon replied.

 

 “Then I want to know how you can hear what Yoona whispered to me and how you disappear all of the sudden,” Tiffany said.

 

“Curiosity killed the cat. It’s better if you do not know so shut up and enjoy your ice cream will you?” Taeyeon said once again in an annoyed tone.

 

“How can a person like you even exist? I thought they appear only in dramas,” Tiffany mumbled as she glared at Taeyeon’s back.

 

“I heard that,” Taeyeon said and flicked Tiffany’s forehead. The latter pouted and rubbed her forehead. “By the way, you have ice cream at the corner of your mouth. Are you a kid?”

 

“Says the one who looks like an elementary student,” Tiffany fought back. She wiped the cream with the back of her hand and walked ahead of Taeyeon.

 

“Excuse me Miss Hwang. Do you know the way back home?”

 

Tiffany stomped her feet and glared at Taeyeon. “Jerk,” Tiffany said. Taeyeon chuckled and led the way.