4 - Strange

SoShi Horror School
Taeyeon had just left the principal’s office and was on her way to the cafeteria to join her friends. She never once thought that she would have friends. When the school had just finished building and only about thirty students were enrolled, Taeyeon was friends with none of them. Actually, none of them wanted to be friends with her. All of them were scared of her. However, three years later, Yuri came up to her and suggested to be friends. Taeyeon ignored her at first but when the younger girl kept coming up to her and begged, Taeyeon gave in and agreed to be friends with Yuri. From then on, she became friends with the other girls as well.  Although they were friends, she was still keeping a distance between them. She did not want the past to happen again.

 

  ‘I just hope the new girl isn’t there,’ Taeyeon thought with a frown.

 

  Just then, Taeyeon accidentally bumped into one of the students. She ignored it and wanted to walk away but the student grabbed her shoulder and spun her around to face him. “Don’t you know how to apologize?” he asked. His other hand was clenched into a fist, ready to punch Taeyeon. Other students standing in the hallway were shocked that the guy dared to challenge Taeyeon. If it was them, they would not dare at all.

 

  “Taec, I don’t think it’s a good idea to pick a fight with her. Don’t you know who she is?” one of his friends whispered. “Are you even listening Taecyeon?”

 

  “I don’t care,” Taecyeon said and pushed Taeyeon against the wall. He looked at Taeyeon and said, “I don’t care that you are the principal’s daughter. I want you to say sorry now.”

 

  *~*

 

  Yuri immediately stood up when she heard Taeyeon’s name being mentioned. It was a rare moment that Taeyeon would be in a fight. It meant that the person who challenged Taeyeon had gone overboard to piss Taeyeon off. Tiffany on the other hand was confused with what was happening at the moment.  ‘Does this happen all the time?’ she thought.

 

  “I’ll handle her. All of you can continue eating,” Yuri said as she got out of her seat.

 

   Yoona stood up as well and placed her hand on Yuri’s shoulder firmly. “All of us will go unnie. Isn’t Taeyeon unnie our friend too?”

 

  Yuri sighed. “Alright, let’s go.”

 

  Tiffany stayed at her seat. She did not have any idea what was happening. Was Taeyeon that important to them? Taeyeon did not look like the type to make friends with anyone. She looked like the type that liked to be alone. Why was the group worried about Taeyeon then?

 

  “Tiffany, let’s go. Taeyeon can… let’s just go,” Sunny said and pulled Tiffany out of her seat.

 

  There was only a question in Tiffany’s mind. ‘Taeyeon can what?’

 

  When the group reached the crowded hallway, they squeezed their way in and were surprised to see that Taeyeon was not fighting back with Taecyeon. Yuri stepped forward and said, “Let her go Taecyeon.”

 

  “What are you doing here?” Taeyeon asked and glared at Yuri.

 

  Tiffany’s jaw dropped. She wanted to say something but Sunny stopped her and shook her head. Tiffany sighed and folded her arms, waiting for what to happen next. Taeyeon saw what Tiffany did but she still had a straight face on.

 

  “We’re here to help you. We’re friends aren’t we?” Yuri answered.

 

  Taecyeon scoffed. “I didn’t know that someone like her has friends.”

 

  Yuri grabbed Taecyeon’s shoulder and punched his face. Her eyes widened after she realized what she had done. Taecyeon growled and released Taeyeon. Instead, he grabbed Yuri by the collar and punched her back. “Yuri!” Jessica shouted.

 

   Taeyeon clenched her fist and grabbed Taecyeon. “No one hurts my friends. You’ve went overboard,” Taeyeon said in a deadly tone. Yuri was shocked when she heard what Taeyeon had said. A small smile formed on her face but she flinched when she felt the pain on her lips. “You better apologize to her now or I’ll hurt you,” Taeyeon added.

 

  Taecyeon chuckled. “Why should I? You caused this problem first.”

 

  “If you had ignored me like how I ignored you, this wouldn’t have happened,” Taeyeon muttered.

 

  “Alright stop this ruckus and get back to class,” Mr. Kim said and the crowd dispersed.

 

'How does he appear here all of the sudden like seriously?' Tiffany thought.

 

Taeyeon let go of Taecyeon and looked at her father. Mr. Kim gave her a displeased look before walking away. Taecyeon took the chance to punch Taeyeon but he was pulled away by his friends. Taeyeon let out a sigh and walked away.

 

  “Yah, how can you just leave when we came to help you?” Tiffany shouted at Taeyeon. The latter stopped walking and turned around, frowning at Tiffany.

 

  “Tiffany, it’s okay. We’re used to it,” Yuri said and smiled sadly to Tiffany.

 

  “No it isn’t. You don’t treat friends like they’re nothing,” Tiffany said.

 

"Unnie, seriously it's fine," Yoona said. She then leaned forward and whispered, "This usually happens."

 

"You know that I can hear you right Yoona?" Taeyeon said.

 

"Huh?" Tiffany tilted her head. "You're over there and we're over here. How can you hear?"

 

"I can repeat what she said. Yoona said-"

 

Yuri covered Taeyeon's mouth and dragged her away. Once they reached a quiet spot, Yuri glared at her. "You know we're supposed to act normal in front of Tiffany! It's your father's order," she said and shook Taeyeon's body. The older girl grabbed both Yuri's arms and put to the side.

 

"Isn't it better to tell the truth?" Taeyeon scowled.

 

"Can't you just listen for once? It isn't that hard," Yuri shouted as she lost her calmness.

 

Taeyeon growled and pinned Yuri against the lockers. "Let go of Yuri, Taeyeon," Jessica said in a commanding tone. The group, except Tiffany and Taeyeon, looked at Jessica with their eyes wide. Never once had they heard Jessica talked to Taeyeon.

 

"Never tell me to do something. I hate following orders," Taeyeon said coldly and disappeared from their sight in a blink of an eye.

 

"H-how did she do that? S-she just..." Tiffany was at lost for words.

 

"Why did you say that Yul?" Sooyoung asked and knocked Yuri's forehead. "You know her past!"

 

Yuri walked away without answering Sooyoung's question. Jessica wanted to follow her but Yoona grabbed her wrist and shook her head. "I bet Yul unnie wants some time alone," she said.

 

'What kind of school is this?' Tiffany thought.

 


A/N: Here's an update:) Nothing special happening yet *-*