The Lotus Lantern Festival

The Fanmeet

A/N: Did you know there is a festival of Lotus Lanterns to celebrate Buddha's birthday in South Korea? Keke. On with the story~!


*Zico's POV*

We walking down the brightly light streets of downtown Seoul, when I suddenly remembered that she probably didn't get a chance to eat.

"Hey, Yuuki. Did you eat, yet?", I asked her. She looked up to me and replied, "Well, no. I didn't get the chance to eat since I left..."

"Good, cause I'm starving! There's this small restaurant nearby, we can go eat there", I said taking her hand and dragging her in the opposite direction.

When we saw that the restaurant was packed, we decided to just order out and eat outside. I took her to a park that was decorated with colorful lotus lanterns and all the trees were decorated with lights.

"Wow, there's so much going on here even if it's almost midnight!", Yuuki commented at the little children playing around and adults walking nearby.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool seeing everyone out at this hour enjoying themselves", we smiled at each other and continued eating in a comfortable silence.

*Kyung's POV*

Aish... this girl, I thought as I glared at the back of Emily's head. Everyone was listening to Emily rant about how we should've been paying more attention to the couple we just lost in the crowds of people.

"...If P.O and Chrissy weren't complaining so much about being hungry, we wouldn't have lost them!", she yelled out.

Jen rolled her eyes and said, "Em, will you stop talking for one second?! Do you hear yourself, right now? Everything we do doesn't always have to involve Zico and Yuuki getting together!"

Chrissy agreed and said, "Yeah, and they seem to be getting along wuite weel from the looks of it. Why don't we just enjoy ourselves tonight and have some fun?"

Chrissy turned to P.O. and asked him in Korean, "P.O.-oppa, wanna get a bite to eat now?" P.O. smiled at her and replied, "Neh!" They walked away happily from us.

Minhyuk turned to Jen and asked her in his awkward-sounding English, "You... wanna look around? There's a lot of street food and games to play". Jen smiled and nodded.

This left only Emily and me. Yaaay, Kyung! You got what you wanted-- Alone time with Emily, but now what?, I thought to myself.

We stood in the middle of the crowded street looking at each other wondering what to do.

Emily sighed and said, "Sorry about that... Enjoy myself, I can definitely do that!"

I smiled at her, but didn't say anything. She looked at me and questioned, "Now what?"

I smiled and replied, "To the sticker photo booth!"

She laughed at me and said, "Again? Don't you ever get tired of taking pictures?"

I looked at her with a serious face and replied, "Park Kyung never gets tired of taking pictures. Plus, I wouldn't give up the chance of taking pictures with a pretty girl". I winked at her, while she just looked away from me.

I grabbed her hand and said, "Come on! After that, we can go try all of the street food!"

*P.O.'s POV* (In this scene, they're both speaking Korean!)

"Finally, we got away from them," I yelled out into the street while passersby stared at me like I was crazy.

From behind me I heard Chrissy laugh, "Yah, oppa! Stop it, people are staring!"

I smiled at her, Thank God, you speak Korean! She bursted out laughing and replied, "Well, I DID grow up here!"

I looked at her wide-eyed and asked, "Did I just say that out loud?" She nodded at me.

She clapped her hands and said, "No more stalling! I'm hungry! Let's eat!" We explored the maze of streets and tried out different food.

We were walking through the park with skewers of barbecue pork in our hands. "Oh my god! These are the best!", Chrissy gushed about the food we were eating.

"Of course they are! The street food is the best, not even the most expensive restaurnt in Seoul can compete with it," I said. She nodded her head agreeing with me, taking another bite.

"Sooo, what's next?", she asked me. I thought of a great idea and grabbed her hand and started running.

*Minhyuk's POV* 

"Ann--yeong--ha--se-yo?", she repeated me. I nodded my head saying, "You got it! That's 'hello' in Korean!"

She smiled and said, "Wow, I probably butchered it up, though". I shook my head, "Nooo, not at all... well, maybe a little bit--" I was cut off when she hit me in the shoulder playfully.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it," I apologized, but she just looked the other way.

I looked around for something to do, when I spotted in the distance people making Lotus Lanterns.

I looked at her and asked, "Have you ever made a lantern before?" She looked at me with a confused face and shook her head saying no.

I nudged my head to signal her to follow me.

*Zico's POV*

After we were finished eating we walked towards the main streets to watch the  parades of people carrying lanterns.

"So, tell me about this festival, Zico," she asked me.

I sarted explaining, "Uhmm... well, first of all, the festival celebrates Buddha's birthday. It doesn't last for just one day, though. Throughout the whole week, you'll be able to see strings of lanterns lighting up the streets of Seoul."

"That's just brilliant," she sighed happily, "I'm beginning to love it here in South Korea!"

Definitely, one of my favourite festivals this year, I thought to myself smiling.

 


 Thank you to the new subscribers! I've actually made a Lotus Lantern before! I don't know why, but it was orange!!! I don't remember what happened to it, though. DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT~!

I really like this chapter! You get to see all the couples form. AWWWH!

Love you guys! <3 Here's another K-Pop fact about me:

My first music video I ever watched was Big Bang's Haru Haru.

However, I wasn't really into it back then. My sister was in love with them. Slowly, I've been converted to a K-Popper. Now, my sister doesn't really listen anymore, except for the occassional new Big Bang song.

BYEEEE GUYS! :) I'll update real soon!