Chapter 9 : Say Something

Sister Act

Leeteuk POV

What the am I doing?!!! Stop!! My body is not cooperating with my brain right now, all rational thoughts leave me as she wraps her hands around my neck and pulls down. She can’t get enough, she moans into my mouth and I slowly feel downstairs getting excited. What the hell?

I should not be by a 17 yrs. old girl. Oh God, I’m just as bad as Yoon Jae. I don’t know why  said those things, she just looked so fricken adorable, I hadn’t expected her to kiss me though, I mean I’m like old enough to be her father for Christ’s Sake!

I don’t know what possessed me to kiss her back, well I do find her attractive but the point is I have to stop. Her soft hands go under my shirt and caress my back, Sweet Mary and Joseph! I don’t know if I can stop when her touch is doing all sorts of thing to me.

My hands are on her waist, Jinah starts moving her hips in circles making me groan against . The friction it’s creating is getting me hot, I bring my hands just under her , only a thin piece of material is between skin and my hand.

Her breathe hitches and she breaks the kiss, her eyes are hazy and cheeks flushed a bright red.

“Maybe we should stop, Oppa?” She says looking down as if she was in trouble. I lifted her chin up.

“Don’t feel bed for kissing me, I’m not mad or anything. I don’t regret it at all.”

Okay, that’s a lie. I do regret it but only a little bit, I’m a man for crying out loud. Of course I enjoyed it, who wouldn’t?!

Jinah smiles and nods, climbing off my lap and standing up. She fixes her clothing, smoothing it out, a lock of hair falls over her eye. I quickly stand and gently push the lock of hair behind her ear, she looks up ad blushes.

“Thanks.” She says and turns leaving me alone in the studio.

“What’s wrong with me?!!!!” I wailed in the empty room, covering my face with my hands.

I just made things a whole lot more complicated than they were before, should I tell the guys? No way! My inner voice says, you will just be ridiculed and teased for kissing her! Why did I succumb to that adorableness? Those beautiful eyes, soft lips. Wait, what am I thinking of?! Stay focused Teuk!!

No one can ever know about this, especially Soo Man otherwise I’m screwed, I remove my hands and yelp at the person in front of me.

“Jesus Christ, Heechul! You startled me.” I said half laughing and putting my hands in my pockets.

“Why are you so jumpy for?” Heechul stares at me, his knowing eyes searching my face for any signs.

“I’m not jumpy.” I sounded a bit defensive. “Any way, did Sunah tell the boys everything?”

“Okay…” Heechul looked at me sceptically. “Yeah, she told them. Kai got upset, Sehun and Kris tried to calm him down. Let’s just say that Sunah is on nursing duty tonight.”

I figured Kai would be upset but not enough for him to hurt his own bandmates? Maybe that kid really likes Jinah. For some reason that sounded so wrong to me.

“Where’s Kai now?” I asked him

“With Jinah in her room, she was walking past when the fight happened.”

Kai in Jinah’s room? By themselves? With her?

Why does the thought bug me so much? I shook it off knowing that Heechul was still watching me and began walking out of the studio, Heechul followed.

“So, who got more punches in?” I asked.

“I wouldn’t say punches, they were more like slaps if anything and it didn’t even last five seconds.”

 

No One POV

 

The atmosphere in the lounge room was tense as Sunah explained to EXO the situation, during her pauses, Super Junior filled in the details. The room was filled with pale faces and grim expressions, even for those that were hearing it a second time.

Sunah took a deep breath when she finished her story, it was quiet and her eyes nervously looked around the room.

“So you’re saying that Mr Kim has been molesting Jinah for years and no one knew a thing until recently?” Kai questions from his chair next to Sehun. His hands are clenched into tight fists, the knuckles white.

“Yes.” Sunah nodded, she felt as if a burden was lifting off her shoulders, it was nice to finally speak about it and not be confined to secrecy.

“WHY THE HASN’T HE BEEN ARRESTED YET??!!!” Kai stood up, his voice echoing in the quiet room, Sunah flinched and sank back into her chair. Kris got up and put a hand on Kai’s shoulder, Kai shrugged it off.

“Enough, come on man. They must have a good reason for not coming forward yet.” Sehun stood beside Kai also putting a hand on his shoulder.

“THAT’S NOT GOOD ENOUGH! HE SHOULD BE LOCKED UP!!” Kai yelled at them, clearly angry and frustrated that no one was doing anything.

“Jinah made us promise not to tell and the situation now is making it difficult.” Sunah said hoping that her words and mention of Jinah would calm him down.

Kris and Sehun both put their hands on Kai only to have him take a swing at them, a commotion broke out, yelling ensued as Suju and Sunah tried to calm them down but with everyone’s emotions running wild they had no luck.

A loud shrill siren was heard and everyone paused to see Jinah standing there with a blow horn, she crossed her arms and glared at the scene before her. She had arrived when Kai was yelling and stayed hidden until the fight happened.

“Enough.” She walked and threw the blow horn on the couch before grabbing Kai by his ear, annoyance plain as day on her face. “You are coming with me to calm down.” She pulled and dragged him away leaving the rest of them stunned while Sunah held back a laugh.

As soon as Jinah shut the door of her room, she started hitting Kai, his eyes widened in surprise at suddenly being attacked.

“What’s wrong with you? Hitting your members like that.” She scolded, every word was emphasised with a hit, Kai yelped, for a petite girl she hits hard.

“I was just upset and stop hitting me!” He screeched, rubbing his arms and chest.

“I know you were upset but that is still no reason to turn on Kris and Sehun like that.” Jinah sighed and Kai instantly felt guilty, he would apologise to them later.

“How can you be so calm with everything that is happening to you?” Kai asked making his way to her bed and plopping himself on the soft mattress, Jinah’s eye twitched in annoyance, she didn’t like other people on her bed. She kicked his overhanging legs and sat crossed legged beside him.

“I am anything but calm. You have no idea how much I wanted to run away from before.” She confessed to him, Kai saw the lingering fear and sadness in her eyes and wished he could do something to help. Jinah noticed him watching her intently and patted his shoulder.

“Don’t be sad for me, okay?” She reassured him with a small smile.

Kai could see she was holding her emotions in, she probably didn’t want anyone to worry about her but it only makes him worry more. How much longer could she stand it?

“I won’t but if you ever need to talk, I’m here for you.”

Kai suddenly wrapped his arms around her, Jinah stiffed at the contact for a moment and then relaxed.

“You just said that so you could touch me, you ert.” Jinah heard him chuckle and pull away

“You caught me.” Kai winked before getting off the bed, Jinah heaved and then a thought came to mind.

“Let’s go clubbing tonight, just you and me.” She stood up, Kai was motionless and blinked.

“Why just us?” He asked

“I don’t think anyone will be in the mood and its boring staying here. Please?” Jinah begged tugging on Kai’s shirt, she pouted knowing that Kai can’t refuse her when she does it.

Kai wanted to say no and walk away but alas he lost the battle with himself and nodded in agreement. It would be fun with just the two of them and he promised to himself that he would watch her like a hawk tonight, the tricky and fun part was trying to sneak out. Jinah whooped and high fived him, unaware that two people on the other side of the door heard every word.

Later……

Jinah and Kai had both made excuses to not attend dinner, each saying that they weren’t feeling very well. The two teens promptly headed to their rooms and got changed. Jinah finished putting on the accessories for her outfit and put on knee high boots when she heard a faint knock on her door.

“Come in.” She said quietly.

The door opened revealing Kai, Jinah felt her heart skip a beat. He had chosen to wear a light blue button up shirt, white jeans and Nikes while his hair was styled messy and she noticed he had put on a touch of eye liner, probably from Baekhyun’s stash.

“You ready? Let’s go before they finish dinner.” Kai said looking back and forth.

He gazed at Jinah and let out a wolf whistle, she blushed and he smirked at his success. Jinah grabbed her purse and let Kai take her hand as they proceeded to the front door.

“I already called for a taxi, it’s waiting at the front gate.” Kai whispered as he turned the door knob very slowly so as not to make any noise that would get them caught. Jinah grinned in anticipation at the thought of finally getting out of the house.

Kai managed to open the heavy door without making a sound and Jinah nearly yelled in excitement but quickly pressed her lips together, the cold air hit them and she shivered, wishing she was wearing warmer clothes. They closed the door behind them and ran to the taxi, not noticing the two figures watching.

“Should we go after them?”

“We’ll go and keep an eye on them, who knows what sort of trouble those two will attract.”

 

Jinah POV

 

The club that Kai managed to get us into was amazing, the music selection was awesome, the drinks here are delicious and the mood was fantastic although every time a guy offered to buy me a drink or ask me to dance, Kai would politely tell them to back off saying I was his girlfriend.

It was alright at first, it was his way of looking out for me I guess but it was getting annoying now, every time I went out on the dance floor, Kai was there. When I went to the bathroom, he would be waiting outside for me.

It bothered me, it was like he was more of a bodyguard than my friend. I stared at him as I sipped my drink, his face was expressionless. Only his head was tilting from side to side with the beat of the music, I noticed that he hasn’t had a single drop of alcohol tonight, just water.

That was suspicious, why would he agree to come with me tonight and then turn out to be a total kill joy? Unless, no way, he got into his mind that he has to watch out for me? It doesn’t make sense that he would do this, Kai is a party animal like me, he can’t resist a good time.

I scull my drink and head to the dance floor, Kai is beside me in an instant. I start to dance and he is just swaying, he looks completely out of place amongst the other clubber here. My irritation gets the better of me and I grab his shirt and pull him away until I find a secluded corner.

“What is with you? Ever since we got here you have been nothing but a kill joy and it’s annoying me!” I let him have it, he just stands there stone faced. “If you didn’t want to come along, you could have said so. I wouldn’t have minded coming by myself.”

“As if I’d let that happen.” He scoffed, my brows raised at his comment.

“Excuse me? I am perfectly capable of looking after myself.” I retorted, why does everyone think I can’t take care of myself?

“Your track record lately says otherwise.” Oh wow, he went there. I forgot how snarky Kai can get sometimes. I slap his face.

“Screw you that was low even for you.” I said and turned to leave only to be pulled back.

“What do_” My words get cut off as Kai presses his lips against mine, his arms coming around me tightly.

His lips move over mine, his tongue probing my lips open and on my tongue. I let out a moan, I forgot how good at kissing he was. My arms wrap around his neck, he moved his head on an angle and makes the kiss deeper. If anyone happened to pass by it would look to them like we were eating each other’s faces.

His hands caress my hip and back, making slow circles, I put my hands on his chest and break the kiss.

“Not here, Casanova.” I panted and took a step back, seeing the want for me in Kai’s eyes. I don’t know if this will happen again and I don’t know if it can. As much as I like him, I can’t commit to one person, it’s not who I am. Kai grabs my hand.

“Let’s go home then.” He said knowing full well what the situation was, despite his looks, he is actually pretty smart and knows more than he lets on.

We left the club through the fire escape and walked down the alley until we came to the front of the club to hail a cab. Strangely, the front of the club was deserted and the street was empty.

“That’s weird. Stay here and I’ll walk up further to hail us a cab.” Kai said and jogs to the end of the street and turns the corner out of sight.

I start shaking with cold, I should have asked for his jacket before he left. I started whistling, to be honest, the empty street freaked me out. It reminds me of a scene in a horror movie, any second now I’m expecting Freddy Krueger to come out and kill me.

‘Excuse me.”

I turn around and find two burly guys in black coats, they looked like the undertaker. I was tempted to laugh at them, the bald one was holding what looked to be a photograph.

“Can I help you?” I asked, I discreetly put my leg back, ready to kick if necessary.

“Are you Kim Jinah? The bald one questioned, his beady eyes looking me up and down. I froze, how the do they know my real name? I tensed in realization.

“I’m sorry, you have me confused with someone else.” I quickly said and started walking away.

Next thing I know they grab me, I struggle, yell, scream and kick. I managed to kick one of them, only to get a slap across my face.

“Kai!!!” I screamed

“We already took care of your boyfriend.” The baldy snickered against my ear, I elbowed him as hard as I could in the ribs. He stumbled back letting me go. I took my chance to run and ended up getting tripped. ! I forgot about the other one.

I hit the cement pretty hard and a body straddles me and pins me down.

“You’re quite the firecracker, aren’t you? Getting me all excited.” Baldy drooled, he started grinding against me. I actually felt his hard on, I was on the verge of throwing up.

“Somebody!!! Help me!!!” I yelled desperately. How could no one hear me? My eyes search frantically for a passer-by but nothing.

My stomach churned when I felt one of his hands go under my skirt and roughly grab my thigh, I cried out in pain. He mistook that for pleasure and did it again. Tears were streaming down my face, I’m pretty sure me wasn’t part of the plan, if these two are under orders from my parents then they wouldn’t care what was done as long as they have us.

Baldy leans down and tries to kiss me. Oh hell no! I moved my head side to side to avoid him until his partner stops my head from moving and he starts to molest my mouth, I keep it tightly shut.

“Your mum and dad say hi.” He laughs and uses his other hand to my .

“Well you can tell them to get ed!” I spat and bit his cheek as hard as I could, blood flowed freely and I spat out the chunk of flesh I had bitten off. He screams and gets off me, his partner swears and starts kicking me in the stomach.

He lifts his leg up to kick me again and then he was pushed away from me, a buzzing sound filled the air.

“These things rock, have to thank Soo Man for these.”

I sighed in relief as I recognised the voices, they might be idiots at times but right now they are my heroes. I felt myself be lifted up bridal style. I snuggled into the warm chest, the smell of his cologne calming me.

“Thank you, Donghae oppa.”

 

Sunah POV

 

I paced the back entrance of the mansion, I’m so worried I’m biting my nails. God, why did she have to sneak out? I understand why but she shouldn’t have done it, if Appa finds out she will never be able to leave the house again.

I stopped pacing and sat down on the concrete step, tapping my foot. Eunhyuk had called me before but he didn’t say anything except that they had found Jinah and Kai and were on the way. I knew he was hiding something from me, the waiting is killing me.

“Sunah, are you okay?”

I look up and see Yesung standing beside me, before I could answer he takes off his jacket and places it around my shoulders and sits down next to me.

“Not really.”

“It’ll be alright, I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about.” He said grabbing my hand and squeezing it, I moved closer to him and put my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes. Not even a minute passed when a car pulled up.

Yesung helped me up, Eunhyuk came out first with Kai, Yesung helped him inside. Donghae came out and helped Jinah down, I gasped when I saw the state of my sister.

“Jinah!” I ran to her with my arms outstretched, she put up a hand to stop me.

“Don’t touch me, everywhere hurts.” She said with a shaky smile. How can she smile at a time like this?

“What happened to you and Kai?”I questioned as I helped Donghae bring her inside the house.

All the guys were in the kitchen, fussing over Kai’s injuries, they had the same reaction I’d had when they saw Jinah.

“What happened?”

“Who did this?”

They bombarded us with questions, Jinah remained tight lipped as Donghae placed her on a chair while I got two ice packs from the freezer. I gave one to Kai, he put it against his face and started muttering profanities, D.O and Suho were rubbing his back and calming him down.

I sat down beside Jinah and gave her the ice pack, she took it from me and put it under her shirt, and she winced at the contact swearing.

“Now will you answer my questions?” I repeated, Jinah sighed and grabbed my hand, looking into my eyes.

“They found us.” She whispered, my insides went cold.

“Wait, who found you? Explain.” Heechul asked, I opened my mouth to speak but Jinah beat me to it.

“As you already know, Sunah and I are adopted. We ran away from home when we turned 14, our birth parents were abusive and mean. They resented and hated us for being born, as soon as we turned five, our father started to beat us, me more than Sunah. I tried to protect her from that, everyone in our town knew what was happening to us and didn’t do a thing about it, that’s why we ran.”

Tears escaped my eyes as I cried silently, the shameful truth of our past that was finally being told, how would they look at us now? Would they still see us or two broken, pitiful girls?

“The scars on Sunah’s wrist. Were they from our father?” I heard Sungmin ask, his voice was hesitant and I knew it worried him to ask such a question but since everything was being revealed, what was the point of being secretive now?

“No.” I said, my voice trembling. “Those were a result of my mother. She would get drunk every day and pick on me and taunt me. What seven year old needs to hear that her mother despises her existence and wishes you were dead?”

“You can’t imagine what it was like for us in that hell hole, being scared all the time. We didn’t sleep for day because we were that terrified of what they would do. We tried to commit suicide many times but it would always fail. Our parents hated each other, the only thing they ever agreed on anything was how to torture and torment us.”

The bitterness in our voices couldn’t hide the years of hurt we endured, everyone remained quiet but their expressions were loud and clear. Rage, anger, pity, compassion were evident in their features. I stood up and grabbed Jinah.

“I’m taking Jinah to bed, we’ll talk more in the morning.” It seemed like I couldn’t take the way they were looking at us and was running away, the truth was I didn’t want to talk anymore because I would definitely cry and I’ve shed enough tears tonight. I stood up and grabbed Jinah, putting my arm around her to support her and we left the kitchen.

We got to her room, I placed her on the bed and shut the door, sinking to the floor.

“What are we going to do Jinah?” I asked her, she takes out the ice pack from under her shirt and shrugs.

“I don’t know. Stick with the original plan, I guess.”

“You mean leave?” I couldn’t help but feel some anger towards her, she sighed and pursed her lips into a thin line.

“I don’t like it either but what other choice do we have? What if they get hurt because of us?”

A part of me knew she was right but when were we going to do something instead of fleeing like cowards? I’m sick of looking over my shoulder and waiting. I’m not the delicate flower everyone thinks I am, Jinah knows this but she always protects me since it’s her duty as the older sibling. I get up and sit next to Jinah on the bed, my head resting on her shoulder.

“For now we’ll stay but if they try again, we have to leave. Understood?” Jinah grasped my hand, she might be a tough cookie on the outside but I know it pains her that we might have to run away again, regardless. She doesn’t want to leave and neither do I.