Chapter 4 : Not what it seems

Sister Act

Jinah POV

It’s been a week since the incident with Manager Kim, when I had woken up Sunah told me that Super Junior had found out about me being abused but she didn’t confess who. Naturally I was pissed off about it.

I can’t really blame Sunah though; she must be tired of keeping it a secret. It’s crucial that no one finds out who is abusing me otherwise more than one person will be hurt by the revelation. Our debut stage is tomorrow so Sunah and I are polishing our routine.

Our single ‘Ma Boy’ was released today and we couldn’t have been happier.

“How‘s your song with Onew oppa?” I ask Sunah, she blushes slightly.

“It’s going great; we are both ready for tomorrow. What about you?”

“We are going to knock your socks off!” I say, winking at her.

Nobody from the company has an inkling of what dance or song Minho, Jonghyun and I are performing to. Every single one of our rehearsals has been done away from the company at my house. Soo Man appa had several studios built in the house for Sunah and I, for our use.

“Have you spoken to Suju Oppas?” Sunah asks, I shake my head.

It’s not that I don’t want to see them but more of I can’t. I don’t want to see their looks of pity and I know they’ll just pressure me to reveal the culprit. Sunah still talks to them, I mostly see her with Sungmin but I’m not around when she talks to them.

“Let’s do it one more time.” I slap Sunah’s thigh, she yelps in surprise and I laugh at her.

The door opens and in comes Baekhyun and Kai; they debuted in a twelve member group called EXO. We were really close during our trainee days; we haven’t seen much of them since they debuted though. I get up and run to Baekhyun with my arms out. He opens his arms and hugs me.

“What about me?” whines Kai

“Jealous, dongsaeng?” That’s right, I’m older than Kai but only by a couple of months and I take full advantage of that. He even calls me Noona sometimes but we only use formal speech to confuse people, our own little joke.

“What brings you guys here?” Sunah asks coming over, she stands beside Kai, he gives her a little wave.

“Our members, Super Junior and Girl’s Generation are going clubbing. Do you wanna come?” Baekhyun says. I get excited when he mentions clubbing.

“Aren’t we a bit young?” I elbow Sunah, she glares at me.

“This place they give you different coloured bands and they’ll only serve you alcohol if you have a specific colour band but Soo Man has rented out an entire floor of the club just for our use.”

Soo Man appa did that? He’s a big softie when it comes to his idols, he doesn’t refuse them anything. I look at Sunah, her face is scrunched up. An expression she does when she doesn’t want to do something.

She has never liked clubs, me on the other hand, I love them. I pout at her and start whimpering, Baekhyun and Kai start doing it too. Sunah’s face goes bright red and she sighs.

“Fine, we’ll come too.” She says in defeat.

“Yes!!” I shout giving Baekhyun and Kai high fives and then I embrace Sunah in a crushing hug.

After exchanging details about tonight, Kai and Baekhyun left. I look at Sunah; she crosses her arms over her chest.

“You know that Manager Kim will possibly be there.”

“You think I don’t know that?” I said sarcastically. “He won’t try anything if we are surrounded by people.”

Sunah is unconvinced by my words; I heave a sigh and uncross her arms, holding her hands in mine.

“Okay, we’ll stay for a couple of hours and then we’ll leave, okay?” She nods and I am ecstatic.

“Let’s go shopping for tonight.” I suggest to her, Sunah grunts and pick up her gym bag. I take that as a yes and follow her, anxious and excited at the same time for tonight. What could go wrong?

No One POV

“God Dammit!”

Jinah shouted after stabbing herself in the eye with her mascara. Sunah silently laughs at her sister’s mistake as she does her hair.

After hours of shopping, Jinah and Sunah found the perfect dresses for tonight.

Jinah went for the classic little black dress; it was skin tight and showed of her curves and legs.

Sunah opted for a fairy floss pink sweetheart neckline dress, its skirt was puffed and layered with ruffles and stopped just below the knees.

“I hope Manager Kim doesn’t stay long and leaves.” Jinah said adding a few finishing touches to her face; Sunah sighed and left the bathroom. Jinah followed her out to her bedroom.

“Okay, what’s wrong?”

“How long do you expect me to keep my mouth shut? We are screwed anyway so what’s the point?” Sunah said putting on her shoes; she couldn’t understand why Jinah wanted this to be a secret. What would happen if Manager Kim was bold enough to assault her again?

“I would rather keep this a secret and let Manager Kim have his way with me than to tell people what’s been happening. Do you know how many lives I’ll ruin if I tell?” Jinah knew Sunah was sick of the secrecy but it had to be done.

Who knew how Soo Man would react if he found out? Jinah walked over to Sunah and grabbed her hands.

“Look, I promise that if it gets out of hand like last time I’ll tell someone. Okay?” Jinah searched Sunah’s face for a sign that she believed her words. Jinah found it weird when Sunah smiled and pulled her close.

“You break that promise and I’ll break your legs.” Sunah whispered in Jinah’s ear, Jinah shuddered at her words. Sunah may be sweet but she could be scary sometimes. A cough at the door made them pull apart. Jinah waved at the two guys in front of them.

“You guys like?” Jinah said spinning around to show off her dress, winking as she did. Kai let out a wolf whistle of appreciation while Baekhyun blushed and nodded.

“No one is gonna be able to keep their eyes or hands of you tonight.” Kai said. Jinah grabbed her purse and linked arms with Kai.

“Let’s go. Baekhyun Sunah.” Jinah ordered before walking out with Kai.

Baekhyun shyly held out his arm for Sunah to take, Sunah had always found Baekhyun shyness to be cute and natural.

“Sorry about Jinah.” Sunah took his arm.

“That’s okay.” Baekhyun mumbles as they leave the house and get into the car.

Jinah sulked as a red band was wrapped around her wrist when she walked through the door of the club.

“Oppa.” She whined to Luhan, he smirked at her and decided to by showing his gold band, signifying he could drink. Jinah stuck her tongue at him and turned to Chanyeol.

“Oppa.” She said giving him puppy eyes.

“Okay, you can have some of mine.” Chanyeol said in defeat, Jinah’s puppy eyes were his weakness. She first used them on him when they met and since then he just couldn’t resist her when she did it.

They headed to the top floor where Girl’s Generation and Super Junior were, most of them already tipsy. Jinah tensed when she saw the managers at one table, Sunah saw them as well and instantly regretted agreeing to coming but she was mentally cursing Manager Kim as well.

Jinah latched onto Chanyeol as they said hello to their label mates, they gushed at how pretty they look and how y they were. Jinah accepted the comments in silence, Sunah was blushing like crazy, and she wasn’t used to being complimented.

EXO sat at two tables near the stairs, Jinah stayed with them. Sunah had been roped into a discussion between Taeyeon and Leeteuk. Jinah sighed in boredom, being underaged and sober was no fun at all. She caught Manager Kim eyeing her a few times and ignored him.

Jinah was surprised when a shot glass was placed in front of her with liquor in it. She looked up to find Chanyeol and Sehun. Sehun gave her a wink; Chanyeol looked around and then gestured for her to drink it. Jinah smirked and downed the shot, loving the feeling it gave her. 

Sungmin POV

From the start she avoided us.

Sunah talked to us but Jinah stayed close to EXO, especially Chanyeol. Our eyes would find them every now and then, the members of EXO taking turns buying Jinah a shot.

“Do they really think no one can see what they are doing?” Heechul says in an annoyed tone, it bothered him that Jinah wouldn’t come over and talk. I had noticed Jinah looking our way a few times but she would quickly look away.

Our EXO dongsaengs along with Jinah were getting rowdy with every drink they had, after the twelfth shot; Jinah climbed on top of the table and started dancing. y dancing to be exact, we should have stopped it but we were extremely entertained by it.

Exo started waving around notes and giving them to Jinah, I turn my gaze to where SNSD and Sunah are sitting, they are gobsmacked. Sunah had her head in her hands, obviously embarrassed by sister’s actions.

“Isn’t their debut tomorrow?” Donghae asked

“It’ll be interesting to see Jinah perform with a hangover,” Heechul smirked.

I felt sorry for Sunah, having a sister with a personality like that must be energy draining, I wonder how she manages to put up with it.

Our mouths turned to ‘O’s  when Jinah got off the table and started giving Lay and Chanyeol s, the boys were obviously uncomfortable and were blushing like crazy. Just like magic, Sunah was beside Jinah and pulled her aside.

The music was low enough to hear their conversation although everyone was pretending not to hear.

“What the hell is wrong with you?”

“I’m just having fun.”

“Stop drinking, we have our debut stage tomorrow. If you it up I won’t forgive you.”

“Come on Sunah! I’m just letting loosed with my friends.”

“No! You are acting like a bloody hooker! Stop embarrassing me and yourself.” Sunah’s voice was firm while her eyes shot daggers, Jinah was swaying from side to side, and she yawned as if she was bored.

“Hyung, should we intervene?” I whisper to Teukie-hyung, he silences me and we continue to watch.

We watch as Sunah starts ranting something but Jinah turns away, grabs her purse and starts to leave.

“Come back here!” Sunah shouts after Jinah and runs after her, our manager excuses himself and follows them out.

“I don’t think Manager-hyung can deal with those two by himself.” Says Kyuhyun

“Okay, Sungmin and I will go and help smooth things over.” Leeteuk says, he quickly gulps down his drink and we leave to head downstairs, we gave Chanyeol a slap to the back of the head on our way out.

We were at the front of the club wondering where they went when we heard screams coming from the alley. I recognised Sunah’s voice and ran, Leeteuk was behind me. We turned the corner and what we saw shocked us to the core.

Sunah POV

I am so mad at her right now

Why does she have to embarrass herself like that?

Okay, I know why but it doesn’t help the situation at all, I don’t usually get mad but seeing Jinah act like that, I think the last incident with Manager Kim got to her deeper than I thought. I followed her outside of the club, unaware of who had followed me.

Jinah angrily rips off the red wrist band and turns into the alley behind the club.

“Jinah!” I call out to her, she stops midstep and turns around, her instantly freezes and her eyes widen in fear.  I look to see what she was so scared off and I wish I hadn’t. Son of a , he followed us out. No one would think twice about a Manager calming down a trainee. The perfect cover.

He walks towards us, his expression seemingly calm. The alley was quiet except for the sound of his footsteps, Jinah was shaking as she got closer; I wanted to stand next to her but my feet wouldn’t move.

Manager Kim walked past me, smirking as he went by. I tried to grab him but he shoves me hard, making me fall to the ground. Jinah wanted to come and help me but she was completely frozen.

“You know, I don’t like other people touching MY things.” He emphasised on the word MY, even making me shiver. He kept walking until he was directly in front of my sister; she was on the verge of hyperventilating.

He reaches out and her cheek, Jinah flinches and turns away; he roughly brings her face back to his gaze.

“I’m n-n-not yours.” Jinah manages to say, trying to be strong.

“She’s not yours! Leave her alone!” I get up from the ground, Manager Kim looks at me and laughs.

“She will always be mine.” He said in a menacing tone

Jinah spits in his face and slaps him, I made my way over to them just in time to grabs Manager Kim’s raised arm. He shakes me off him; I end up tripping over some trash can lids and hit the brick wall behind me.

Jinah starts to cry as he grabs her shoulder and pulls him against her.

“Now, shall I continue from last time?” he said nuzzling her neck, tears streamed down Jinah’s face.

I hit the brick wall pretty hard so getting up was an effort. My ribs hurt and I’m pretty sure I hit my head.

“Somebody help!” I yell out, every breathe was painful. I think I broke a rib or two

Jinah starts sobbing as his hands roam over her body, she makes eye contact with me, and the look in her eyes is defeat. I never thought I would see that look on my sister’s face, ever. Not even when our dad used to beat her. I go to take a step towards them when she shakes her head and mouths “GO”.

Tears start to fall down my face; Jinah is always protecting me, ready to sacrifice herself so that I am always untouched by the cruelties of the world. Manager Kim rips Jinah’s dress; she lets out a distressed cry and weakly struggles against him.

I’m about to get out my phone when a hand gently grabs my shoulder, several people rush past me. I grab Sungmin’s hand on my shoulder and thank God he was the one to find us, the relief was so overwhelming that I promptly passed out.

Jinah POV

I had closed my eyes after I told Sunah to leave, she didn’t have to witness Manager Kim violating me. I felt him rip my dress open, I attempted to push him away and then I hear a groan and then a thud.

I opened my eyes to find Siwon in front of me, Manager Kim is on the floor holding his stomach and Heechul and Kangin each have a foot on him. Siwon takes off his jacket and gently drapes it over me, he leads me away from Manager Kim but I dig my stiletto clad foot into his groin.

“Don’t ever touch me again.” I say, applying pressure with every word.

For some reason tears keep falling down my face, I don’t know if I’m relieved that Super Junior know or sad that they might see me differently now. I couldn’t look any of them in the eye, Siwon pulled me away.

Sungmin was carrying Sunah in his arms, she must have fainted. My poor sister, I am damaging her so much, it’s a wonder she doesn’t hate me already. I come face to face with Leeteuk, he says nothing to me and squeezes my shoulder, His eyes look at me with sympathy and then he looks at the man he once trusted and respected.

“We won’t do anything to you now but touch Jinah again and we will tell Soo Man about everything.”  He warned his gaze cold.

Everyone’s expressions were grim when we went to the vans, I suggested Sunah and I travel separately and they agreed. I went in the first van with Leeteuk, Heechul, Donghae, Kangin, Ryeowook, Siwon and Hangeng. Sunah was in the second one with Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Shindong, Kyuhyun, Yesung and Kibum.

We drove off, they were silent at first and then Leeteuk spoke up, he was driving.

“How long?” He asked me.

I didn’t want to sit by myself so I was on Siwon’s lap with my legs resting on Donghae’s.

 “Since we became trainees.” I whispered

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Kangin asked, he was sitting in the back with Ryeowook and Hangeng.

“I was scared that no one would believe me and he threatened me to never tell.” I explained to them

“What did he threaten you with?”

“He said he would do to Sunah what he did to me.”

I heard Kangin mutter bastard, it must be hard to accept that the man they called friend for all those years was a lousy dog with a for teenage girls.

“Jinah, I know you probably don’t want to tell us but the more we know the better chance we have of making sure he never does it again.” Leeteuk looks at me through the rear-view mirror; I understood what he wanted me to say. I swallowed the bile in my throat and tightened my grip on Siwon’s shirt.

“When we first arrived at SM, he helped us through the transition and I developed a little crush on him. He was fully aware of that and took advantage of me, after a while I realised that I didn’t like him anymore but he became so obsessed with me. That’s when he escalated things; he would corner me when I was alone in the practice room and do things to me.”

A tear slid down my cheek, Siwon brushed it away with his thumb.

“It was a while before he did stuff again, that day a week ago, Manager Kim abused me because I refused him and just before was because I was making an exhibition of myself.”

“A hot exhibition.” Kangin said his expression as if remembering. He got slapped by Ryeowook.

“Hyung! Keep your erted thoughts to yourself!” He scolded.

“It’s okay Oppa.” I said giving a small smile before leaning into Siwon and resting my head on his shoulders. He gently my back while Donghae massages my legs. Those magic fingers putting me to sleep.

I wish I could sleep forever but wishes don’t come true for someone as tainted as me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So another chappy is up. 

it is still early in the story but who should the twins get with?

Comment who you think. :)