Chapter 3 : Rumour Has It

Sister Act

No One POV 

The next day word spread around SME about Jinah and Sunah’s extra debut stage performances, some were jealous and thought it was just special treatment while others assumed it was just because they were good enough to do it.

Most were verbal with their opinions while others kept their mouths shut lest the wrong person hear them bashing Soo Man’s daughters. Jinah and Sunah headed to the break room to have a snack before continuing with their recording.

The room was full with trainees who have yet to debut; they headed to the white clothed table that was full of goodies. Sunah made her selection and sat down in the corner while Jinah was being picky with her selection.

The trainees began to whisper and steal glances at them, Jinah perked up when she heard her name and Sunah’s. She turned around, arms folded.

“Yah! If you have something to say, say it to my face!” Jinah shouted, the room went quiet, she raised a brow and smirked at the trainees.

“What? Cat got your tongue?”

Sunah went over to Jinah and grabbed her arm.

“Jinah, that’s enough. Just leave it.” She said tugging on her arm; Jinah shrugged her off and gave the trainees a glare. It’s always like this, some of them thought they didn’t belong and that pissed Jinah off to no end.

“You think just because you have Soo Man’s last name that you can do what you want?” A voice said from a corner of the room. Jinah scoffed at the question and turned to the owner of the voice.

“Of course you would say that, Junmi.” There was venom in Jinah’s voice, Sunah cringed. Ever since they became trainees Jinah and Junmi never got along and competed in everything. No one actually knew why Junmi hated Jinah but rivalry had gotten the girls into trouble on many occasions.

Junmi walked over to them, her followers in tow; Sunah stopped tugging on Jinah’s arm but kept a firm grip.

“You must be thrilled to be debuting; I mean you guys have only been here for 4 years while the rest of us have been here longer.” Every word was dripping with resentment at the two girls.

“We are thrilled. Us debuting after 4 years just proves how talented we are. Unlike some.” Jinah counter attacked.

Everyone watched Junmi tense up at Jinah’s statement, Sunah groaned at her sister’s remark. It had hit a soft spot for Junmi. Junmi never debuting was a touchy subject, the reason for her still being a trainee was unknown.

“It’s only because you have HIS last name but then again. You aren’t actually related to Soo Man.” Junmi had walked up to Jinah so that they were only inches away from each other. She smirked at Jinah, knowing she too had hit a soft spot.

Jinah and Sunah being adopted by Soo Man was public knowledge but that didn’t stop vicious rumours being circulated.

“I’m just curious to how you managed to get Soo Man to adopt you. Did he find you on a street corner and proposition you?”

Sunah felt Jinah tense up, Jinah clenched her fists. Junmi smirked and then looked at Sunah.

“Then again, Sunah seems more his type.” She said reaching out and playing with a lock of Sunah’s hair. Jinah grabbed Junmi’s arm and roughly shoved her away.

“Touch her again and I’ll break that pretty face of yours.” Jinah threatened.

“You are pretty protective of Sunah. Is that what happened? He wanted Sunah and you got jealous so you asked to be screwed as well.”

Junmi and her followers started laughing at them, the observing trainees in the room wondered if they should stop it but no one moved. Jinah tackled Junmi to the floor and proceeded to attack her, nobody expected that to happen.

All the trainees started shouting at them, mostly were betting on who would win. Sunah couldn’t stand it anymore and left the room to get help. Jinah didn’t notice Sunah leaving as she started to scratch Junmi’s face.

Junmi started to wriggle and buck Jinah off her but Jinah tightened her grips on Junmi’s waist. Junmi found an opening and punched Jinah, making her lip bleed. Jinah raised her hand to punch Junmi back when strong arms pulled her off Junmi.

Jinah turned her head and saw Super Junior in the doorway; the ones holding her were Eunhyuk and Donghae. Jinah saw Sunah among them with tears in her eyes; Sungmin had his arm around her. She instantly felt guilty for making Sunah cry, she had promised never to do that to her.

“What the hell happened here?” Leeteuk demanded, the trainees went quiet and avoided eye contact with the infamous Suju leader. He was scary when angry.

“Jinah can’t fight her own battle, that’s what happened.” Junmi said the hatred in her voice all too clear. She was being held by two of her followers.

“ you, Junmi!” Jinah spat, the trainees gasped at her use of foul language.

“Well somebody ed you.” Junmi replied with a smug smile on her face.

“Why you little..!” Jinah shouted and tried to slap Junmi but her oppas had a firm grip on her. Leeteuk sighed and stood in between them.

“Enough! This fight of yours would have had you both kicked out if Sunah found someone else.” Leeteuk stated, Jinah and Junmi looked at the ground.

“Let’s go.” He said walking out of the room, Donghae and Eunhyuk pulled Jinah along with them. Sunah walked behind them, Sungmin’s arm still around her.

“You okay, Sunah?” Sungmin asked her gently squeezing her shoulder.

“Yeah I’m fine, thank you oppa.” Sunah smiled at him.

They went into the practice room; Leeteuk turned around ready to scold Jinah when he finally took note of her dishelved appearance. She had scratches on her face, her cheek looked swollen and her lip was bleeding.

Leeteuk wanted to say something to comfort her but no words could come to him, he had heard some of the rumours circulating around SME about Jinah and Sunah. He was only sorry that he couldn’t protect them from it.

With a nod from Leeteuk, Donghae and Eunhyuk let go of Jinah and joined the rest of the member and Sunah. Jinah rubbed her arms where the boys had held her, she braced herself for Leeteuk’s outburst but he said nothing and started cleaning her face.

Jinah didn’t expect that from him and started to tear up; she thought for sure he was going to get mad at her. She bowed to him.

“I’m sorry, Teukie oppa.” She sobbed, her shoulders shaking.

Leeteuk embraced her and she cried even more. Jinah wrapped her arms around him and clung to him like he were a life line. Sunah watched with a heavy heart at her sister’s emotional breakdown.

“What started the fight? I’ve never seen Jinah get aggressive like that before.” Siwon said, his eyes never leaving Jinah, Sunah sighed.

“Junmi was insulting us and Soo Man appa. Jinah just lost it.” She replied, there were plenty of times when Jinah and Junmi would go at it but it never turned physical. Maybe Jinah had had enough or something was bothering her, Sunah thought as she watched Jinah calm down.

Leeteuk was really good at stuff like this, always looking after his dongsaengs. Sunah knew Jinah would stick to him from now on, that’s just the way she was. Jinah had been like that when Soo man had first taken them in.

Sunah hoped that her sister learned something from this and would behave from now on.

Jinah POV

I can’t believe I let that , Junmi, get to me like that!

I’ve always kept myself in check in the past so why the did I lose control like that? Anyway, it doesn’t matter now. What’s done is done.

I wash my face and leave the bathroom only to be pushed up against the wall by Manager Kim. He tries to kiss me; I avoid it and push him away. He grabs hands and roughly pulls me to him.

“You must be stupid to harass me like this.” I say to him, my face showing nothing but annoyance.

“As I recall, you liked it when I surprised you like this.” He openly eyes me from head to toe, his lips. I cringe and sigh; he still thinks just because he is handsome girls want him.

“Well I was clearly not thinking straight back then so kindly off and leave me alone.” I push him hard and begin to walk away but he grabs me again, He traps me against him and the wall but he has turned me around so I’m facing the wall. His grip tightens and I start to feel pain.

“You forget what I can do to you should you refuse me.” He threatens me; he lowers his head to my shoulder and he bites me. I cry out in pain, his hands find their way under my shirt and he starts to caress me.

I shudder in repulsion and fear, tears stream down my face as he continues his onslaught on my body, leaving no space unmarked. Suddenly he lets go of me and smirks at me, satisfied that he reduced me to tears, he walks away pleased with himself.  

I stagger back to the bathroom and lock myself in a cubicle, I cry, letting out my tears. I was stupid to get involved with him in the first place. My head starts to hurt from all the crying and a second later I pass out welcoming the peace that went with it.

Sunah POV

Sungmin walks with me to the bathroom to check on Jinah. I wonder what’s taking her so long. Jinah had left to fix herself up, that was 20 minutes ago. Manager Kim comes around the corner; he looks oddly pleased with himself. He spots us and smirks at me, he starts talking to Sungmin like I’m invisible.

As I’m standing there, I sniff and notice the scent coming off him. It smells like the perfume Jinah wears. My whole being freezes, oh no, don’t tell me he got to her. She wouldn’t have been able to fight him off with the way she was.

I excuse myself and fast walk to the bathroom.

“Jinah!” I call out when I open the door, no answer. I start checking the stalls; I get to the last one to find it locked. I look under the small gap of the door and see Jinah passed out on the floor of the cubicle. Her clothes are torn and dishelved and there’s a blood stain on her right shoulder.

“Jinah!” I call again and grab her hand under the gap, she doesn’t respond. I start banging on the door, trying to pry it open but it doesn’t budge. I get out my phone and text Sungmin to come. A minute later he comes rushing in and I thank god he’s alone.

“What’s wrong?” He asks, looking at me like I’m the one hurt. I point to the cubicle.

“Jinah is in there, she’s passed out.” I say to him, swallowing my tears back.

He moves me out of the way and starts kicking the door, not caring how much noise he is making. The door gives way and I sigh with relief, Sungmin carries her out and I gasp at the amount of blood on her shoulder.

“We should take her to a hospital.” He says

“No, she hates hospitals. Let’s take her to your practice room.” I said firmly. There was no way I was letting anyone else see my sister like this. I take my jacket off and drape it over her body, mainly to hide the blood. I check that the coast is clear before we leave the bathroom and head to the practice room.

No One POV

Super Junior finishes practising their routine and collapse on the floor, huffing and puffing.

“Where is Sungmin? He should have been back by now.” Kangin says taking a drink of water.

“He’s with Sunah.” Heechul says suggestively

“I think he likes her.” Ryeowook says, obviously thinking that those two would make a cute couple.

Everyone starts laughing and trying to come up with couple names for them, the doors opens and the laughter dies when they see Sungmin carrying an unconscious Jinah with a teary eyed Sunah next to him.

“Sunah, lock the door.” Sungmin says to her, she quickly goes to the door and locks it. The members surround them.

“What happened?” Leeteuk asked, his face showing confusion and worry.

“I’ll tell you later Hyung.” Sungmin says to him. “Can someone get the first aid kit?”

Ryeowook goes to the storage locker and gets the first aid box; Sungmin brings Jinah to the bench and lays her down. Sunah takes the jacket off her, Super Junior gasp when they see the blood and dishelved clothing. Sungmin shoos them away and takes a bandage out of the box.

Sunah lifts up the bloodied material of Jinah’s clothing and fresh tears fall down her face, Sungmin looks as well; he tenses when he sees the bite mark on Jinah’s shoulder. His jaw clenches when he notices the bruises on Jinah’s arms and body.

“Not again.” He hears Sunah whisper but he pretends he didn’t hear it and starts to wipe the blood away.

Super Junior wait patiently while Sungmin and Sunah clean Jinah up, Sungmin gets up and walks over to them, his expression like he wants to shoot someone.

“Now can you tell us what happened?” Leeteuk demanded

“Sunah found her passed out in the bathroom.”

“So why the blood? Did she fall and hurt herself?” asks Heechul.

“No, it’s a bite mark and she has bruises on her arms and body.” Sungmin clenches his fists; he didn’t think that this would happen to someone close to him.

“You mean she was abused?” Siwon’s expression darkened. How dare someone hurt Jinah, he thought glancing at the two girls on the other side of the room.  

“That’s not all. I heard Sunah whisper ‘not again’. I think this isn’t the first time it’s happened.” Sungmin reveals to them, their eyes widen in shock. The fact that she has been hurt before made them sick and sorry.

They glance at Sunah and found it weird that she was this composed considering what happened to Jinah. Leeteuk sighs; he knew even if they spoke to Jinah she wouldn’t anything. Victims of abuse believed if they told someone about it they would get abused again.

“There is only one way to help her. We have to get the truth out of Sunah. It’s the only way to help and it’s possible she might know who did this.” He says to s, they nod in understanding.

“I can’t tell you even if you ask me.” Sunah said from behind them.

“Why not?” Heechul asks her

“It’s not that I don’t trust you but there is no guarantee that you will believe me if I tell you.” She stated.

The members look at one another, Sunah’s words struck a chord. The fact that she knows but won’t tell them means it’s someone with influence over them. Sunah knew Jinah would kill her for even saying this much but she was tired of it all.

“Does this someone work here?” Leeteuk makes eyes contact with her, Sunah look’s away and remains silent only confirming his question.

“Has this person ever hurt you, Sunah?” Sungmin looks at Sunah with a concerned expression on his beautiful face. Sunah shakes her head.

“No, he prefers Jinah to me.” She says with a bitter smile and goes to sit back down next to Jinah.