Chapter 8 : Hectic

Sister Act

Jinah POV

I opened my eyes and sighed heavily as the noise from outside came drifting through my partially open door, it’s been three weeks since Super Junior came to stay and our once quiet home was no more.

Even more so since EXO come by almost every day and even end up staying the night, you wouldn’t believe how fed up I was with them already. I couldn’t even go anywhere for peace and quiet because I’m grounded.

I had tried escaping once but that ended miserably and with me slipping, courtesy of Mari mopping the floors. I sat up in my bed and brought my knees up to my chin, it was a sunny day outside and I am stuck inside on house arrest.

Maybe I could speak to Appa and convince him to let me out just once, I hadn’t done anything bad recently and hardly anyone brought up the accident but the disappointment was still there in his eyes, every time he looked and talked to me.

I heard Sunah’s laugh and looked at the door, she was having the time of her life with the guys, she loved having them in the house and it showed. She even asked Kyuhyun, Yesung and Ryeowook to help her with her singing.

It had become a mini concert in the lounge room, we both did performances but SJ had clapped louder for Sunah. I didn’t let my sadness show though, she was undeniably great but I wished they would listen to me more. I am just as good as her alas she sings with more heart, as Appa tells me.

Having enough of the commotion I get up and head toward the door to close it fully only to trip over my overnight bag. I ended up on the floor with a thud, thank God it was carpet. I glared at the culprit, ready to throw it across the room when I noticed several photo albums hanging half out.

What are those doing in there?

I realised it was the overnight bag Mari had packed for me when I was in hospital, no wonder Sunah was complaining about it being heavy. I picked it up, this weighs a ton, and put it on my bed, I took out one of the albums.

It looks old, the edges are frayed and white spots were splattered on the front, it seemed familiar to me as if I’d seen it before. I opened it and my heart sank, I had never expected to see this again, it was Sunah’s and my baby album.

Our grandmother, who was a whole lot nicer than our mom, had made it for us when we turned ten however after only seeing it once, our mother took it from us and hid it away. She said that only wanted children get albums, we could have runaway to our Grandmothers house but she lived only a town away so there was no point really.

Flipping through the pages I noticed words were drawn across our photos, every profanity you could imagine graced the pages. How these ended up in my overnight bag was a complete mystery but it scares me a little that the possibility of them being in Seoul was real.

I closed the album, put it with the others and shoved the bag into my closet. If Sunah saw this she would freak out and chuck a mental. I might have episodes sometimes but you should see hers, talk about crazy.

I quickly went into my bathroom and washed my face, changing into my exercise clothes. Now that my foot has healed, I can practice my dancing again. Yay!!! I put my hair in a messy bun and left my room, ready for another day of havoc and nothing going right.

 

No One POV

Jinah was greeted good morning as soon as she entered the kitchen; Super Junior and Soo Man were seated at the long table feasting away at the wonderful breakfast Mari had prepared. She gave them a small smile as she walked to the counter where Mari and Sunah were making extra servings of breakfast.

Jinah leaned forward, resting her arms on the black marble counter, silently watching Sunah. Sunah noticed her sister watching her and smiled.

“You have a good sleep?” She asked as she flipped over the pancakes, Jinah eyed the plate of fresh pancakes and her lips.

“Yeah, it was okay.” Jinah mumbled moving her hands an inch at a time towards the plate.

Kyuhyun happened to look over and spotted Jinah trying to steal a pancake, he nudged Heechul, who was making a tower with his bacon and eggs.

“What?” He answered not even looking at the maknae.

“Wanna make a bet, Hyung?” Kyuhyun smirked, nudging him again, this time making the diva knock over his tower. Heechul pouted at his ruined work of art and turned to Kyuhyun.

“What is there to bet on so early in the morning?” He asked in annoyance.

Kyuhyun gestured to Jinah, Heechul took one look and understanding showed on his face, He grinned and looked back at Kyuhyun.

“$100 says she gets hit.”

“$100 says she doesn’t”

Both of them shook hands in agreement, Sungmin watched from opposite them and shook his head hoping they would both lose this bet. Poor Jinah, to be the subject of their mischief but then again the outcomes are always unpredictable where she was concerned.

His gaze went to the counter, his heart fluttering. Watching Sunah cook made him feel warm inside and then the reality of how young she was is like a slap to the face. It was a line he didn’t want to cross, his talk with Siwon after the kissing incident played on his mind.

FLASHBACK

Sungmin followed Siwon as he hastily retreated to the bathroom, he shut the door and watched Siwon wash his face, trying desperately to get rid of the blush in his cheeks.

“Are you crazy, Siwon? She’s seventeen!” Min exclaimed, his voice bouncing off the walls, Siwon left the tap running to mask their voices. He didn’t the others to know about this.

“I don’t know what came over me, it just happened hyung.” Siwon groaned, relaying what just happened in his mind, he started hitting his head against the wall.

“Well it can’t happen again. Ever otherwise Soo Man will murder you.” Sungmin said to Siwon after stopping him from hitting the wall again, his forehead was red from the abuse it just received.

“I know but I like her more than I’ve liked anyone.” Siwon confessed sighing.

Sungmin felt sorry for his dongsaeng, he knew the temptation Siwon was feeling very well. He struggled with it himself whenever he was around Sunah.

He knew one day the temptation would be too strong for him to resist but for now he must endure, Min patted Siwon’s shoulder in empathy.

“It will be hard but we have to keep our distance, no matter what.”

END OF FLASHBACK

Sungmin stopped eating his breakfast when he noticed the whole table had gone somewhat quiet; Soo Man was at the head of the table with Leeteuk and Siwon. Everyone else was looking in the direction of the counter.

Jinah managed to stuff one pancake in when Sunah turned around to put on the coffee machine. She quietly did a victory dance and decided to try her luck for another one. Her finger’s danced across the small space to her target.

Just as her hand hovered to grab one, a fresh pancake is placed on top of her hand. Jinah’s mouth fell open in shock, her voice mute as she watched the hot pancake burn her hand. She shook it off her hand and silently retreated from the kitchen, Sunah saw her leave.

“Have fun practising!” She calls out, unaware of what just happened. 

A minute later they all heard Jinah’s scream.

“SON OF A !!!!!”

Looks like no one won that bet.

~

Jinah wiped the sweat off her brow and laid on the cold polished floor, leaving the music blaring on the sound system. She examined her poor injured hand and sighed. How could Sunah have not seen her? She looked every time she put a pancake onto the serving plate.

She was too busy chatting with Mari, that’s why. When Jinah had screamed, Sunah had come running with confusion and worry on her face. Jinah showed her sister her hand and told her what happened.

Instead of a sorry and bandaging her hand, Sunah had laughed and said it was her fault for trying to sneak a pancake. Jinah had stormed off and Sunah had gone back to the kitchen.

“My sister is getting a backbone, I don’t like it.”

Jinah got up and did more stretches before looking for a song to dance to, after minutes of debating she found the perfect song to let out all of her frustrations. Just as she was about to press play, the door swings open with a squeak and in saunter’s Kai.

“What the hell are you doing here this early?” Jinah asked, arms crossed

The last thing she needed was Kai bringing her down with his comments and snide remarks; he walked over to her and started rummaging through the cd’s near the sound system.

“Well Baekhyun and Chen wanted in on the singing lessons with your sister so all of us just tagged along for fun.” He said giving Jinah a grin; Jinah rolled her eyes at him.

“So why are you in my private studio?” She asked

“To dance obviously, might as well dance with you to pass the time.” He took off his jacket and placed it on the floor beside the sound system.

“What do you think you’re doing? Put your jacket back on and leave!” Jinah exclaimed, grabbing his jacket off the floor and ing it in his arms, Kai chucked it back on the floor.

“No, I don’t want to. You should feel honoured that a professional like me wants to dance with you.”

Jinah scoffed at his words and groaned in frustration. She couldn’t win against him; Kai was just as stubborn as she was. Might as well give up, they dance well together anyway. Jinah remembered that in her trainee days, Kai and she would copy dances that they had seen on So You Think You Can Dance.

Jinah blinked to find Kai staring at her; he took a step closer to her.

“What were you thinking about just now? You spaced out.” He asked her, all of a sudden she had a goofy smile on her face and it freaked him out a little.

“Our trainee days when we would copy those dances.”

Kai nodded and smiled at the memory, those were fun times until he had to prepare for his debut and then they didn’t see each other for a while. He missed that, when they danced the connection was always there.

“Let’s do one now. Which one was your favourite?”

 

Sunah POV

“Am I improving in my technique?” I ask Yesung as we began to put away the song sheets and music books, Kyuhyun was giving Baekhyun some vocal tips while Ryeowook was showing Chen recipe ideas.

He nodded smiling at me, his smile was so warm and bright I found myself blushing. We finished packing up and left my private studio. Yesung yawned and slung his arm over my shoulder as we walked down the hallway.

“Tired, Oppa?” I said smiling.

“Kyu wouldn’t stop playing his games last night.” He sulked and I chuckled at him.

“Don’t blame me; you were talking to your turtles well into the night.” Kyuhyun huffed, slight annoyance shown on his features. I looked back at Yesung, who was avoiding my gaze, his cheeks were pink.

“Oh really? I don’t remember.” He mumbled

I sighed, whatever his habits, Yesung is a keeper.

We turned the corner and saw everyone outside Jinah’s studio, all clamouring on each other to have a look through the glass section of the door.

“What’s going on?” I asked as we approached them, some turned around to look at us.

“Jinah and Kai are dancing together.” Said Luhan

“They look amazing, I wanna dance like that.” Shindong says his face full of awe.

I gently push my way to the front so I could see for myself. Jinah and Kai were in perfect harmony with one another, I recognised the song and routine they were doing.  It was from SYTYCD season 7, Billy and Katherine’s contemporary routine.

I’d seen them do it often in our trainee days; the song was a definite favourite of mine. The routine itself was mesmerising, you couldn’t take your eyes away from it.

“I’ve never actually seen Jinah dance like this before, it’s beautiful.” Sungmin said from beside me, his eyes never leaving the performance before him. I felt a twinge of jealousy when he said that, a part of me wanted to go in the room and stop them dancing.

“They have good chemistry together, don’t they?”Suho said earning nods of agreement from everybody, well not everyone.

I looked back and noticed Siwon, Donghae and Eunhyuk all watching with clenched jaws and eyes that looked like they were gonna shoot fire. I knew about Siwon’s affections but the other two? What did she do to make that happen?

Oh God, all she does is cause trouble. Okay, that sounded mean but it was the truth. I looked at Jinah and Kai again, they were standing really close together, it must be the end of the routine. I saw Kai’s face, his eyes burning with raw emotion. Uh-oh, I started panicking and quickly turned to Suho.

“Oppa! Go in there and drag Kai away.” I hissed grabbing his arm.

“Um, why?” He asked in confusion, I sighed.

“Do you remember why we forbade them from dancing together alone when we were training?”

“Because they would get into arguments and try kill each other.” He said.

“And the other reason?” I pointed at them, Suho’s face was blank and then it registered.

“Oh, !” He cursed loudly, getting everyone’s attention.

“What’s with the cursing, dongsaeng?” asked Heechul, slightly intrigued.

Suho suddenly decided it was a good time to be mute and deaf, I turned to see my sister and Kai lock lips, his arms were firmly on her waist while her arms were around his neck. Everyone decided to turn back to look at that moment.

“Yah! What’s that punk think he’s doing?!” Donghae, Siwon and Eunhyuk shrieked, opening the door.

Aish! Why does she have to be so complicated? I quickly brushed past them and arrived at the kissing pair first but they weren’t actually kissing, they both looked and smirked.

What? Did we just get played?

“I told you they were watching.” Jinah pinched Kai’s cheek; Kai pushed her hand away and rubbed his cheek.

“I should have kissed you for real then.” He replied making Jinah blush and smacks his shoulder.

I sensed the dark auras coming from behind me, turning find Siwon. Donghae and Eunhyuk glaring at my sister and Kai, well mostly Kai. They stood arms crossed and back straight, they looked imposing and scary.

I actually felt a chill go down my spine, the others cautiously walked in, spreading out evenly on both sides as if expecting something to happen. Jinah turned around and clicked her tongue in boredom.

“Yes, Oppas?” She enquired, shooting daggers at them. She clearly had a beef with the three of them. EunHae, she still didn’t forgive them and Siwon, she was annoyed that he was ignoring her for the last couple of weeks. Even I noticed that.

“Are you crazy?!” EunHae shouted, I was tempted to nod.

“You can’t go around kissing people!” Siwon yelled at her, I’m pretty sure he is imagining shooting Kai with a shot gun or something of that nature. I silently pray that Jinah holds her tongue and just admits it was a joke.

“I kissed you and you liked every second of it.” Oh. My. God! Doesn’t she understand the situation she’s in!

The guys were all gasps and wolf whistles, Siwon turned red while EunHae looked flustered.

“How was it?” Heechul asked smirking, he gave Jinah a wink.

This is not going to end well at all.

 

Jinah POV

I can’t believe he’s overreacting about a kiss that never happened, Kai was right. Maybe he should have kissed me for real, I’m not gonna stand here, get chewed out for something that didn’t happen and take it. No fricken way.

I ignored Heechul’s question and glared at Siwon, how dare he pretend to care when he all but ignored me the last couple of weeks and why were Donghae and Eunhyuk getting all worked up for? If memory serves, I never kissed them so why are they being like this too?

“This is my studio; I can kiss who I want when I want. You don’t own me after one kiss.”

“Maybe someone should own you! Then you wouldn’t be so reckless!” Siwon scoffed, I clenched my fists. The nerve this Jesus freak! How dare he say I should be someone’s possession? As if!!!

“Everyone just calm down.” Leeteuk said coming in between us, hands stretched out. It was like Moses parting the red sea, if only he had that much power. “Jinah, I can see where you are coming from but Siwon also has a point too.”

What the hell? Angelic Leader is siding with Jesus freak?

“Really? Aren’t you supposed to be Switzerland in all this?” I asked him, he took a step closer to Siwon. “I will not let anyone own me, I am my own person and I will do as I ing please.”

I felt a hand come on my shoulder; I didn’t have to look to know it was my sister beside me.

“Jinah enough, they are just worried about you. They are our oppas, it’s what they do.” Sunah said in a quiet, level tone.

“No! I’ve had it with being treated like I’ll break or something, Mr Kim already broke me!”

Hurt flashed in Sunah’s and SJ’s eyes, I feel a little regret but what can a guy do to me that Mr Kim hasn’t already? I am well aware about the evil ways of the world; I can’t get much more damaged than I already am.

“Mr Kim? As In Manager Kim? Did he do something to you, Jinah?” Kai voice broke the tense silence.

I had forgotten that EXO was in the room, ! I didn’t want them knowing, they are just as protective of me and Sunah as Suju are. I suddenly felt claustrophobic, an uneasy feeling came over me, I opened my mouth to tell Kai that I’ll fill him in later on the details when the door swings open.

In comes Soo Man appa, I feel the blood drain from my face when I see who he is with. Mr Kim is behind him with a smirk on his face; both of them are dressed in expensive black tuxedos. My first instinct is to run away. What the is he doing here?

My body tenses up at the memory of the last time I was with him. I just want to collapse right now and never wake up again so I never have to see that stupid smirk or evil black eyes. My hands get grasped tightly and I relax slightly, Leeteuk and Sunah must have sensed my distress at seeing Mr Kim. 

“Jinah, Sunah. Why aren’t you ready yet?” Appa asked.

I looked at Sunah, she shrugged.

“Ready for what, Appa?” She said, tilting her head to the side. He sighed

“The charity luncheon in Gangnam, how could you forget?” He clicked his tongue in disappointment eyeing us up and down. “Oh yes, Jinah. Mr Kim was worried about you. Come and say hello.”

I looked at Sunah with wide eyes, hoping she would say something but the look on her face told me otherwise. She gave my hand a gentle squeeze before letting go. I gulped walking forward still holding Leeteuk’s hand until he couldn’t hold on anymore.

The guys parted so I could walk through, they were all sending silent messages with their eyes but I still felt afraid. My heart was racing and not in the good way, Mr Kim’s smirk changed into a smug smile as I came closer.

My bottom lip started to tremble; I bit it to stop the trembling. I will not let this bastard see that he got to me. The silence in the room was uncomfortable, I’m pretty sure Kai and the rest of EXO are wondering why we are all like this, why their Sunbaes didn’t formally greet their manager?

I come to a stop in front of Mr Kim, I wanted to keep walking, the exit was so close and yet it seemed far.

“I’m so glad you are okay, it hasn’t been the same with you.” His sleazy tone made me shudder, other people might have mistaken it for genuine concern but I knew better. He enveloped me in a tight hug.

To others it might have seemed like a gentle hug but he was crushing me, I held my breath. His hands wandered down my back. I stood stiff as a board, wishing I wasn’t wearing skimpy clothes, his hands travelled to the small of my back, which was bare.

He sniffed my hair, I cringed, Mr Kim is showing the guys how powerless they are against him with this display and it’s true. As long as Soo Man believed he was good, we can’t say anything against him.

“How does it feel to be powerless?” He whispers in my ear, his breathe on my skin makes me feel dirty. Not the good kind of dirty.

“Yoon Jae, time to leave. I’ll excuse you from this event Jinah but the next one, be prepared to attend.” Soo Man said, completely oblivious to what was happening right in front of him. You have to be blind not to see, Mr Kim releases me, and my legs are shaking like crazy.

Soo Man appa waves goodbye while Mr Kim smirks and blows me a kiss when appa turns around, my eyes begin to water, my lips start trembling again. Once the door closes, my legs give way and I feel myself slowly falling to the ground when pair of arms grabs hold of me.

I didn’t look up to see who it was, I didn’t have to. My head was in the crook of his neck and shoulder; I sobbed and sobbed, soaking his shirt with my hot tears.

“That bastard.”

“Using Jinah like that just to make a point.”

“Well he made it. What the are we supposed to do now, Teuk?”

“I don’t know but for now we have to be cautious, who knows what lies he’s feeding Soo Man.”  I could feel every word he spoke from the vibrations in his chest. He begins rubbing circles on my back, I look up into Leeteuk’s face, and his expression is tender yet firm.

“Can someone tell us what is going on?” Kai demands, not happy about being ignored.

I turn my face to look at him, his annoyed expression disappears when he sees my face.

“Sunah, you tell them. I can’t.” My voice was hoarse

“Are you sure?” She asks softly, I nodded and put my head back against Leeteuk’s chest.

“Okay, follow me into the lounge room.” The sound of shuffling is heard as they left the room.

“You guys go too. Sunah can’t handle them by herself. I’ll stay here and look after Jinah until she calms down.”

I heard the reluctant murmurs and then the door squeaks open and shut. The silence was not suffocating, being with Leeteuk made me feel safe, like you just know when someone will protect you. I lifted my head and brought my hands to wipe my tears away.

“I’ll never be rid of him, will I? How stupid can I get? Why do I do this to myself?” I told him, more tears started streaming down.

The frustration I was feeling at not doing anything was killing me; I should have punched him in the face and told him to off. Instead I stood there like a statue and let him practically abuse me in front of everyone.

“It’s not your fault, Jinah. Nor are you stupid. Yoon Jae is an for taking advantage of an innocent, pretty girl.” He says, his hands my face and wiping away the fresh tears.

I stared into his eyes, a powerful feeling hit me. I couldn’t describe it, it was the same feeling I get when I’m with Siwon and Kai. This angelic man in front of me is old enough to be my father but I didn’t care.

“I’m not innocent or pretty anymore. I am damaged beyond repair.” I said sadly letting my head drop; having feelings for more than one person just proves how damaged and undeserving of love I am.

“Don’t say that about yourself. You are one of the most beautiful girls I have ever met. You are caring, sweet, you protect others and you deserve to be loved.” Leeteuk used a hand to tilt my head up to look at him.

“Would you love me?” I blurted out.

My question stunned him; his eyes went wide for a second. After a painful minute of silence he lets out a heavy sigh. I’m dreading his answer, my body involuntary shifts closer to him.

“Yes, I would. Anyone would have to be crazy not to.” He said his lips spreading into a small smile.

The relief I felt was incredible and before I could stop myself, I brought my lips to his. He froze and I quickly pulled back.

“I’m sorry!” I said in a rush and tried to get up but he yanked me back, I fell into his lap. His head was inch away from mine.

“Don’t be.” He whispered, closing the gap and smashing his lips on mine.

I opened my mouth, his tongue massaged mine, it was a heated kiss, biting and . I didn’t want it to end and I could tell neither did he. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

double update!!!! I'm on a roll!!! enjoy the chapters.