Chapter 10 : Reason

Sister Act

No One POV

Tired and sweaty, the twins bowed as their performance finished, applause and cheers erupted as they walked off the stage, the audience still noisy even as the stage went black to get ready for the next performer.

It had been two weeks since the night that Jinah was almost and neither had left each other’s side since, Sunah was sleeping with Jinah at her request because of how scared she still was. Jinah had said she was strong and could handle it but the nightmares proved to be too much for her, resulting in endless sleepless nights.

It was also two weeks since they had seen the boys, the day after the incident, Soo Man told them the renovations to the dorm were completed and they could move back when they were ready, the boys had concluded that the girls needed time to themselves and moved back that very afternoon, by dinner time there was no trace that they had ever been there.

The girls hadn’t talked to them since, apart from running into them when their schedules collided, other than that, both of them shut out everyone around them, giving off the aloof demeanour they had when they first arrived at the company. Who ever noticed this behaviour didn’t openly speak about it but the girls heard whispers around the company and lingering stares from the trainees.

Jinah grabbed the towels that were left by the stage manager for them on the speaker backstage and handed one to Sunah. She dabbed at her face, careful not to remove the make-up since she had interview later on, to her dismay, Eunhyuk and Donghae would also be present for the interview, a request from the big man since they were her seniors and could deflect any unwanted questions.

“Are you sure you’re gonna be okay in that interview? Let me talk to Appa so I can be present as well.” Sunah said concern showing on her face, not even make-up could hide the evidence of sleepless nights and Jinah has had many, even the fans had noticed and were asking if the both of them were alright and that they weren’t getting sick or overtiring themselves.

“I’ll be fine, you should be going home and get some rest.” Jinah grunted, waving off her concern.

“It won’t help if you get sick too, your face is already to pale.”

She cradled Sunah’s face in her hands, studying her sister. What should have been flawless skin was marred with black smudges, her cheeks were sunken in a little from not eating. Jinah had begged her many times to eat but Sunah kept refusing and would only eat when Jinah herself felt like it and that wasn’t often.

It wasn’t like she was starving herself on purpose, the night of her attempted had left Jinah without the will to eat and constant nightmares plus slight paranoia. Rather than see Jinah suffer on her own, Sunah had made herself not eat and sleep, joining in her sister’s suffering.

“Don’t worry about me.” Sunah told her feeling slightly guilty that Jinah was still worrying about her health and not her own. “I still have the Immortal Song recording and a Sukira Radio appearance.”

Jinah frowned in disapproval but couldn’t argue, after being on hiatus for so long, Soo Man made sure to overbook their schedules. The only time they had together was for music shows, other than that, they were separated and coincidently put with either one or two of their seniors on the allotted show.

Sunah kept shut, she wouldn’t add to her already disapproved sister worry by saying that for Immortal Song, she would be appearing with EXO and Yesung and for Sukira it was with Leeteuk, Heechul, Shindong and Kyuhyun. Jinah always reminded her to avoid speaking with them when they weren’t recording but she found it hard considering that she didn’t want to stop talking to them in the first place, that had been all Jinah’s idea.

Jinah opened to speak when she looked past Sunah to the stage, the crowd cheered when the lights shone on the next performers. She rolled her eyes as the members of BAP mockingly waved and winked at them before singing their song. Jinah pulled her sister away from the stage but not before giving BAP a rude hand gesture, they exited the wing of the stage and headed to the dressing rooms.

They reached the long, busy hallway that was lined with rooms that served as change rooms for rookie groups and saw that their door was open halfway, half of their stuff was sticking out in the doorway, and people were walking past not caring if they kicked something in their path.

“Where the is our manager?” Jinah screeched as she pushed the door fully open, she clenched her fists as she looked around the room. The makeup sets were completely trashed, the powders covered most of the floor, and the mirrors had been smashed. All of their stage clothes that were prepared for the week were taken off the racks and chucked in the middle of the room.

“SON OF A !!!”

Sunah winced as her sister stood in the middle of the room yelling and cursing, she stayed in the doorway not wanting to enter the room. The feeling of violation and just the thought that someone had come in here unnoticed and done this sent chills down her spine. Sunah heard murmurs and shuffling behind her, Jinah’s yelling had attracted a crowd filling both sides of the hallway, she looked at the people, none were idols just their coordis and assistants/drivers, the biggest blabbermouths ever.

Jinah noticed the people outside and ignored them, she picked up the clothes from the middle of the room, stopping when she saw an A4 sheet of paper stuck to the floor, the words ‘Tick Tock’ in big black letters. She picked it up and turned it over, her hands shaking and her breathe coming in fast shallow pants. A photograph of them was stuck to the back, Jinah knew this picture had come from one of their grandma’s albums.

Oh God, they had been so close to them and they were able to do this without even raising suspicion, they were taunting them with mind games as if to say that they could get to them wherever they were, this was most certainly their mother’s idea. Jinah’s legs gave out, she landed on her knees on the cold dirty floor with a soft thud, her hands tightened, crippling the papers.

“WHY WON’T YOU LEAVE US ALONE!!!?” She yelled making her sister and the unwanted spectators jump in surprise and shock.

Sunah took a hesitant step forward and halted, her sister began to sob aloud, the murmuring grew louder, she clenched her fists and turned around.

“Don’t you guys have somewhere else to be? Like I don’t know, looking after your idols?!!!” She scolded them, some of them had their phones out recording her getting angry at them. None of them budged so she grabbed the phone of the person in front of her, her anger only rising when she noticed the video is being uploaded live.

“You should be ashamed of yourselves! Our lives are not entertainment!” She yelled and threw the phone on the ground, smashing it to pieces.

“Yah! You owe me a new phone!” The owner of the phone exclaimed, bending down to pick up the broken phone.

“That won’t be the only thing broken if you don’t get lost.” Sunah glared at him, he gulped retreating backwards. She made a move to step when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Okay everybody leave! The show is over, move it or lose it!”

Sunah recognised the voices of Suju and her anger vanished, her shoulders slumping, her head lowered as she suddenly regretted her angry outburst. Sungmin stood in front of her, he felt his heart ache for her but he was glad that he and the others arrived just in time. He shuddered to think what would have happened if one of their staff hadn’t come to them.

“Sunah.” He said squeezing her shoulder and slowly her head lifted up, Sungmin inwardly cursed when he saw tears streaming down her pale face. He immediately hugged her to him, her tears soaking the front of his shirt.

 

Jinah POV

I must looks pathetic right now, collapsed in the middle of a trashed dressing room, balling my eyes out all because of two people who refuse to let us live our lives. This could pass for a day time soap opera, what was so difficult with just letting us be? The neglected child part of me wants to believe that they want us back desperately because they miss us and the rational adult is saying what complete bull that is.

I lift up my hand to wipe my face when another hand does that for me while two arms come around my shoulder. Hearing footsteps come towards me, I look up.

“Shouldn’t you guys be on stage right now? I questioned my voice hoarse.

“We don’t go on for another 2 hours.” Eunhyuk said softly, cupping my face and wiping away tears that refused to stop. Donghae pulled me closer to him, my back was against his chest, his arms make me feel safe, as if they are a barrier than no one can enter.

The piece of paper I’d scrunched up started to unravel, slowly showing the black writing that frightened me so much. The more I looked at it, the more I wanted to break down and cry all over again. Nothing will make me get over this, the constant fear of being watched, being tormented was slowly and surely taking over my mind and body.

“Jinah.” I looked up to find Leeteuk kneeling in front of me, I hadn’t realised he was there.

“I called Soo Man and explained what happened, Sunah and you can go home and rest.”

The concern that showed on that angelic face of his was heart-warming and I had a sudden urge to kiss him. Sunah came into the room with Sungmin, her eyes red from crying. I watched Yesung go to her and embrace her, a flicker of annoyance flashed on Sungmin’s face but it disappeared when the hug was over. If I wasn’t so stressed with today’s incident I would have teased Sunah that she was being fought over.

“Do you wanna go home, Sunah?” I asked her, I personally would feel much safer going to the company, much more security there. I would leave where we go up to Sunah because in the end I fear for her safety more than mine.

“Home would be best.” She answers half mumbling, she quickly looked around. “Can we get changed first?”

Right, we were still in our performance costumes, although they were comfy they caught attention and that was one thing we did not need or want right now. I started to get up and EunHae helped me the rest of the way, both of them had hands on my waist and shoulders. It was silence as nobody was moving or saying anything, it was fricken awkward.

“Um...Guys? We need to change.”

“Yeah, we know.” confirmed Heechul, he looked at me like I was a village idiot. “So change.” He grabbed a chair and sat down.

Sunah and I had the same shocked expression, our mouths fell open as the rest of them got chairs and sat down as well. They were not serious? Right? The looks on their faces said otherwise, I crossed my arms and stared at them when Sunah made her way to me. I was expecting her to hide behind me like she usually does but she stands beside me, hands on her hips.

“We are not changing with you in the room, Get out.” She stated firmly, I could tell Heechul was surprised and impressed with my sister finally showing some backbone.

“How is it any different from when the assistants are in here?” He countered with a smirk.

He did have a point and then it occurred to me, to avoid getting the clothes stained from the makeup we wear, the assistants help us in and out of our costumes. I lightly tapped Sunah’s bum to get her attention and pointed to my clothes and flicking my finger in an upward motion hoping she would get it. tilted slightly in acknowledgment, okay, even though we were emotionally tired it was time for a little pay back.

“Okay.” We both agreed making all their jaws drop in shock. If only I had a camera right now, the looks were priceless. Heechul quickly got over it and eyed us doubtfully.

“As if.” He scoffed laughing like a madman, the others eyed him as if he was crazy.

I turned around while Sunah proceeded to undo the zip at the back, she pulled it down deliberately slow, making the guys’ breathe hitch. I wish I could see their faces right now, Sunah was trying really hard not to smirk or give away that this was a joke.

“Yah, Heechul. Tell them to stop and we’ll leave. We can’t go perform with fricken s.” I heard Kangin whisper and triumphantly smiled when Sunah parted the material, showing my almost , if it wasn’t for my bra I would be completely topless.

I turned around in my almost topless glory, all eyes went to my chest, and they look bigger since I’m wearing a push up bra. To make them more flustered, I took out the hair tie and shook my hair loose like I was in a commercial. Groans were heard and I was inwardly cheering with glee, that disappeared when the door opened, revealing Exo, their jaws dropped when they saw my state of undress. They stared back and forth between us and Suju, I thought that they were going to object and get upset or something so Sunah and I were surprised and confused when they grinned.

“Are you guys getting a private show or something?” Chanyeol questioned, smirking at how most of them have their legs crossed.

“Awesome, I think I deserve something after that performance we just did.” Sehun walked and sat cross legged on the floor in front of Suju and looked at us with a wanting gaze. The rest of them copied him and spread out in front of Suju. I swear these guys are just ually deprived schmucks that are all the time. I feel like we are gonna get ed if we don’t continue. Maybe we are taking this pay back joke too far?

I give a side glance at Sunah, she is composed as , none of her usual jittering or shyness, she leaned closer to me.

“What do we do now? I don’t think they’ll let us leave unless we do something.” Sunah whispered.

“I don’t know, I’m still thinking.” I told her, she was right though. They might cause a riot if we don’t do anything. What to do?........Hmmmm……..Aha! I got it! If they want a show, we’ll give them one. I gave Sunah a creepy smile.

‘Okay, you have that pedo-smirk going on. What did you think of?”

“You know how we had that original choreography for ‘Ma Boy’ but we had to change it because the network though it was too ual to perform on TV.” I said hoping she would remember. It took a minute but she got there, the widening eyes was the signal I needed from her. She pouts.

“Do we have to do that? I don’t mind but I’m pretty sure it will turn into a group if we do.”

“Ewww, really? You went there? And no, that won’t happen. Just follow my lead.” I turned around so she could zip me back, the guys shouted in protest. I rolled my eyes at their childness and turned back with hands on my hips.

“Okay, fellas. Here’s what is going to happen. Sunah and I are going to dance and you are going to sit back and enjoy it immensely. Any nay-sayers?”

“I have a question. Will there be stripping involved?” Kangin asked getting a high five from Chanyeol, who was sitting in front of him.

“Yes but when the music stops, so do we.” I stated with a firm nod, grabbing Sunah, the clothes that were hanging on the rack and went behind the white room divider to change.

 

No One POV

“Are we seriously going to let them do this?” Sungmin asked, eyeing them all. How on earth did it go from comforting them to a ? He tsked in disappointment only to get shushed by the persons sitting at his feet. He was jealous that everyone was going to see his precious Sunah almost but he can’t say anything.

The room was filled with a sultry beat of the twins debut song, both came out from behind the room divider. Chen and Chanyeol wolf-whistled at the girls, Sungmin kicked them in the back earning glares from them. He feigned ignorance and smirked in triumph although it vanished as the girls began to dance.

Sungmin knew he wasn’t the only one that was opposed to this, he thought for sure that Siwon would have stopped it, seeing the expression on his face told him so. Even Donghae and Eunhyuk looked ready to kill somebody, which was weird, that means that all three of them like Jinah, the EunSIHae trio liking the same girl spelt trouble for all partied involved.

Leeteuk was crying on the inside wondering how he was gonna put a stop to all of this, it was all Heechul’s fault. The diva knows that Jinah doesn’t back away from a challenge, that’s why she gets in trouble all the time. He felt like a dirty old man right now, well he’s been feeling like that ever since his make out session with Jinah.

He still dreamed about that kiss and felt guilty every time knowing that some of his dongsaengs like her too. He sank in his chair, turning his phone in his hands. The screen suddenly lights up showing Soo Man’s number on it. He quickly stood up and made his way to the CD player only to trip over Tao’s legs. He closed his eyes as he collided with something warm, soft and smelling like strawberries.

“Um….Oppa? You’re heavy, can you get off me?”

Leeteuk opened his eyes and found himself only inched away from Jinah. It was as if the world stopped, he found himself moving closer and yelped in surprise as he was pulled off Jinah.

“Yah hyung, what were you thinking? She’s too young for you.” Donghae scolded, eyes narrowed and face red. Eunhyuk was beside him just as red as he was.

Jinah got up scoffing out loud at Donghae’s comment making everyone turn their attention to her, she looked at Leeteuk and gave him a little smirk, and he cringed. Looks like everyone is getting some pay back today.

“Correct, I am too young for him.” She said as she walked in circles around him. “But that didn’t come to mind when we kissed a few weeks ago, did it Oppa?”

Leeteuk groaned as everyone started yelling after Jinah’s reveal, Jinah smiled to herself and turned to Sunah only to end up locking lips with Kangin.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you?”

“If Teukie-hyung got to kiss her then I will too.” He said pulling back with a grin on his face.

Jinah blushed and rubbed her lips, noticing the guys lining up single file in front of her with the exception of Leeteuk, Sungmin and Yesung. She looked at Sunah in desperation but hr sister shook her head and went to sit down on the chairs to watch.

“Do I look like I’m running a kissing booth? And there is no way that all of you want to kiss me.” She asked in annoyance, arms folded as she stared down who was first in line.

“Doesn’t matter so pucker up princess.” Chanyeol smiled at her and she sighed in defeat.

Might as well get it over with so they can put this debacle to rest, maybe revealing the fact that Leeteuk had kissed her wasn’t a good idea after all.

~

“So that’s how they have all of them wrapped around their little fingers.” The woman smirked, looking at the monitor of the scene unfolding before her on-screen. She turned to the man beside her, he was looking at the screen intently his lips.

“They grew up nicely, didn’t they?” His raspy voice sent a chill down the woman’s spine. She detested him but working with him was necessary and she looked back at the computer.

“I think it’s time they came home to mama and papa, don’t you think?

The man and woman turned around to look at the third person who entered the room with an evil smirk plastered on his face.

“I couldn’t agree more, Mr Kim.” The woman said just as evilly.

It was time for the girls to come home and get disciplined for their actions. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another chapter up

apologies if its short, enjoy :)