The Crazy Front Desk Girl

Brothers in Arms

I checked the address that Seungho gave us as I looked at the old antiques shop in front of us. 

 

“This can’t be the place,” I said, shaking my head.

 

“When are you gonna stop judging things based on appearance?” Mir replied.

 

“Cut me some slack.  Being a Slayer, you can pretty much guess what a monster is good at by looking at it.  I guess I’m used to going by appearance alone,” I said as we opened the door.  A young, quirky girl popped up from behind the desk.

 

“Hi! Anything I can help you guys with?” she said with a giggle.

 

“We’re looking for a mystic elder,” Mir said blankly.  My eyes widened. I lightly punched his shoulder.

 

“What he means is-“

 

“Oh! I’m the one you’re looking for! I’m Sulli, nice to meet you,” she said with a bright smile.

 

“Really? You’re a mystic elder? You look like a teenager,” Mir said, raising an eyebrow.  She giggled again.

 

“Well, I’ve been a teenager since 1885,” she sat on the front desk and looked at me intently.

 

“Uh, well for starters, I’m Joon, and this is Mir. We need a Warp Seal,” I said.  She nodded.

 

“Okie dokie, doesn’t seem like it’ll be a problem. Unless you don’t have proper payment,” she said, letting her eyes wander around the room.

 

“Payment? What do you mean exactly?” Mir asked.

 

“Well… I don’t have much use for money. But I could use a Werewolf tooth,” Sulli replied. 

 

“You want us to get you a Werewolf tooth? But there isn’t a full moon for another week!” I rubbed my forehead. 

 

“Well don’t you know that a simple way to trigger a Werewolf transformation is to anger it? All you have to do is make him mad,” she said in a singsong.

 

“Fine…. Where is this Werewolf?” I asked.

 

“He lives in the woods out back… Oh! Don’t kill him, he’s actually pretty friendly,” she said with yet another giggle before she jumped back behind the desk. 

 

“Come on Mir… We’ve got a wolf to hunt.” I said.  We went outside and I opened the trunk.  There was another case of silver bullets; unfortunately they’d be entirely useless since Sulli didn’t want us to kill the wolf.  There was also some rope and Rain’s silver knife.

 

“How are we supposed to use this stuff to catch it?” Mir asked.

 

“We don’t use this to catch the wolf… we use this to catch the bait,” I replied with a grin.