Naega Wolf... Awooo!

Brothers in Arms

 

I was as quiet as possible as I watched the deer eating a small plant.  Without giving any warning I jumped from the bushes, running at it as fast as I could. The deer ran off through the woods and I lost sight of it. All I heard was a guttural moan.  When I finally caught up.  Mir was standing over it and its neck was broken.

 

“Nice work,” I said. Mir smiled and nodded.  I used the rope to tie up the deer’s legs. Mir took it and leapt up into a tree, using his weight as a counterbalance to string up the deer.  I made a small incision in its neck to release the scent of the blood.

 

“Now we wait. Let’s hope the wolf senses it before nightfall, or else he’s gonna spot my glow before he even gets close,” Mir said as we climbed into a tree and waited.  It only took a few minutes before a scruffy looking guy was crawling around the hanging deer. He kept sniffing it and his lips.  I jumped down in front of him and kicked him as hard as I could.  He stumbled back and fell.  I could see the rage in his eyes as his pupils turned yellow.  His bones cracked as he grew taller and hair sprouted all over his body.  He ripped out of his shirt and his teeth hung over his jaw…. Man I wished I had a silver bullet.

 

Before I could move he knocked me aside, sending me flying into a tree.  My vision was blurred, but I could see him stomping toward me. He raised his arm to attack, but Mir landed in front of me and caught his arm mid-swing.  He pushed hard, making the Werewolf fall. 

 

“Joon, you have to do it now!” Mir said as he jumped on the wolf’s chest, pinning it down.  I ran over to them and used the knife to dig into its mouth, cutting out one of his teeth.

 

“Got it!”

 

The werewolf stopped thrashing and turned back to normal.

 

“Wait a second… you only wanted a tooth?” he asked, sounding slightly hurt.  Mir and I exchanged a glance.

 

“Yeah…” I replied.

 

 

“You could have just asked!” he said, tears forming in his eyes as he ran off into the woods.

 

“Well that was unexpected,” Mir said as we walked back toward Sulli’s shop,

 

“We got the tooth!” I yelled as we walked in.  Sulli was floating in midair, dusting off a shelf.

 

“Oooooh!” she squealed as she dropped down and skipped over to me.  I gave her the tooth and she giggled, before skipping off to the back room and returning with an amulet.

 

“Here’s your warp seal, as promised!” she said.

 

“Do you mind if I ask why you wanted the tooth?” I asked.

 

“Oh, I just wanted to add it to my collection of strange teeth,” she replied with a smile.

 

“Ooookay then… We’ll be going now,” Mir said as we hastily left the building.