My First Day at CSHS

City of Seoul High School

 

 

HYOYEON

 

I got out from my dazed moment as my mouth hanged out open when I saw the large buildings of CSHS. My new school from now on, I got here because of a Dancing Scholarship, well this school has different divisions, for singing talents, dancing, arts, communication and letters, media and many more. It’s like a starting point for our College, but only the bests of the bests gets out here with a proud smile and polished talents, while some lost their will in the entertainments they want and just pursue other careers.

My Middle School back in my hometown held a contest and the winner will receive a Scholarship to CSHS, because our town is small and not really firmly rich but filled with many talents, our Governor thought about it. Being an admirer of the school hundreds of miles away from me, I tried and shockingly won.

And after 2 months of preparation, here I am, staring with big eyes full of admiration of the dream school infront of me, ignoring the weird stare the other students give me.

“Ummn, are you okay miss?” Someone tapped my shoulder so I got out from my dream and turned around to see the person,

“Oh, oh I’m totally okay--” before I can finish off, I was already mesmerized by the miracle upon standing in front of me.

White skin, cute doe-eyes, tall body, light shade of purple hair color, and thin lips, I swear, is this heaven or school?

“Miss?” He asked while shaking my shoulders lightly. I shook my head and smiled at him.

“Oh sorry, I’m okay, it’s just that I’m really surprised at how big and amazing this school is.” I said while he gave me an angelic smile.

“Yes it is, I’m a second year student in here by the way, I’m Luhan, I guess you’re new here, ummn?” He trailed off and I jumped a little realizing he’s asking for my name,

“Hyoyeon, Kim Hyoyeon. It’s nice to meet you. Y-yes I’m new here, oh please, take care of me L-luhan.” I stuttered feeling awkward with the sudden introduction while a light shade of pink is starting to form in my cheeks.

“ahh.. You’re pretty cute, I think this school year will be an interesting one with you.” He mumbled but I hardly caught it.

“Yes?” I asked trying to make him repeat what he said,

“Nothing, really.. would you let me take you to your room? I think the bell’s going to ring any moment soon, let’s hurry!” He exclaimed, and before I can reject the kind offer, he already held my wrists gently and pulled me inside the school.

The inside is a lot better than the outside appearance though both attract attention by the moment you see it.

“There are 5 buildings that have their respective classifications of the 4 main programs of CSHS.” Luhan suddenly spoke up while continuing to tag me along the hallways with pack of students but not enough to block the ways.

He pointed a finger in a building with blue painting and my eyes trailed off with its direction.

“That’s the Sapphire-Building, I refer to it as Joint of Voices Hall. The Singing program goes there” Then we suddenly took a turn.

Then we stopped by and he pointed his finger when he told me too look at the green building colored one and continued,

“That one is for the Emerald-Building, Art students go there, but I call it Virtual Abstract Hall. Then he pulled me again, making me stumble a little but got back on my tracks,

“The Violet building or Amethyst-Building is for the Media and Communication students, students who models, hosts, directs, acts and many more goes there. It’s called Craft of Entertainment Hall by me again. ”

Then he suddenly stopped making me bumped to his back and I felt him turn around and lift up my chin, my heart started to beat louder than normal but he let go and asked for my schedule paper.

I handed it to him as he scan it down, he grins widely making me feel weird a little. Then he looked down at me,

“Well, we’re currently in the Ruby-Building for dancing students or a.k.a Movements of Body with Soul Hall courtesy: Xi Luhan.” And he handed me my schedule and I glanced up back at him smiling,

“Thank you Luhan for the tour, it was really nice of you. I gotta go to class, so can you please help me search for my room in this Building?” I asked pulling my eyesmile to convince him because one thing I’m totally not good at is directions of places I go.

“Well, as I said, there are 5 buildings in this school and I haven’t introduced the last one yet, and that’s your building.” He smiled and winked, my heart skipped again but because of 2 things; Luhan’s smile + wink and the feeling of being worried about the last building he said that I’ll be attending.

“It’s the Diamond-Building, it’s color are White and Black, where the Top Students of CSHS go to, where only about 50 students are accepted in that building, I’m one of them, and now also… you, that makes it 51~!” He happily said and clapped his hands.

“Ah” I nodded but his last 8 words made me shut my eyes open and looked at him with confusion

“WHAT…??? I-in that b-building? I-I’ll be attending there? Where T-top students go to?” I tried to calm down but the blessings of stuttering came down on me.

I heard Luhan chuckled and I blushed a little. Gosh, this is embarrassing. He then placed his hands on my shoulders and leaned a little down on me, I shut my eyes off but he said, “Open them or I’ll kiss you.” So I opened my eyes like a deer caught in the headlights and he grinned, “Just kidding princess, but If I’ll have the chance, why not?” and he stood straight though not leaving his hands in my shoulders and breathe.

“Hyoyeon, from today on, you’re now a Diamond Student.” He slid his right hand in his pockets and then I saw him taking out a white logo tag with a “D” black letter neatly placed on it and some interesting designs that make it look like a royal badge. Then Luhan continued,

“This logo indicates that you’re a Diamond Student, whenever students from other buildings will see this logo in Diamond Students, it’ll give them the idea that the person having it imprinted on his/her necktie is to be respected because Diamond Students are known to be on more advance level than the others. The non-Diamond students may work or assist you. They may walk to your classrooms while holding your books, may make you order first at the cafeteria before them, may clean your room since this is also a boarding school, okay?”

I nodded trying to process his words in my mind now full of confusions as to why that kind of treatment is even necessary, I mean all of us are same, students trying to reach our dreams.

And he gave me 5 of the logo patches.

“L-Luhan, why are you trying to be more formal, while talking about this Diamond Building?” I asked since just a moment ago he was so cheerful and now he has this firm but gentle looking face.

“Actually, I’m the--” Luhan was about to answer me but he got interrupted by the bell.

“Oh no! It’s time for the Opening Ceremony! Sorry Hyoyeon I didn’t get to court you to your classroom to not get lost but we need to go to the Assembly Hall for the Opening Ceremony and the School’s Introduction. Let’s go!" He winked. again.

And before I can even mutter another word, Luhan already grabbed my hand again and he put his necktie into front of his uniform and I saw the White Logo beautifully placed on it, then the other students, making their way down the hall noticed Luhan’s necktie and widen their eyes and gasped of amazement then opened a way for us to walk.

Then when we finally reached the Assembly hall, Luhan let out an apology again because he said that he needs to go somewhere for his indicated seat and he went backstage. I looked around the Hall and saw a person with a ‘teacher’ tag on her uniform; I walked to her and bowed.

“Good Morning Ma’am may I ask?” I asked her trying to compose myself.

“Of course, by the way I’m Ms. Lee.” She answered me with a smile.

“Can I know where the new students sit? Oh and..” and I showed her the Logo patch. I can’t really explain the shock I saw in her expression and changed to a brighter smile than she gave me earlier then she immediately escorted me to a group of seats.

OHMYGEE.

The seats she escorted me to are placed on a rectangular stage at the right corner of the Assembly Hall. And instead of the plain respective colors of the seats according to their buildings, the seats there are colored slick black with interesting curves and I saw about 40+ students already seating there happily chatting with each other. Before I take my seat, Ms. Lee introduced me to the students, I think they’re the Diamond Students just like what Luhan told me, and they’ll be my schoolmates for this year. Ugh. I look out of place.

“Good Morning Diamond Students.” She greeted them and the earlier chatting students turned to her and greeted her as well with flashy smiles that almost made my eyes burn.

“This is..” she was about to tell them my name but I forgot to tell her so I just adjusted my uniform and gave them a smile to introduce myself.

“Hello everyone, I’m Kim Hyoyeon, I’ll be a freshman this year and I came from Gangwon Province. I was accepted here through Dancing Scholarship. I hope to be friends with all of you. Please take care of me.” I bowed and I felt nervous since I think that they will think weirdly on me since I came from a province, but I’m proud of it, very.

After a moment of silence, and I felt the students of other buildings are starting to stare at me, someone tapped my shoulder and I looked up.

 

OHMYGEE, he’s so damn tall! I think I’m just reaching his shoulders, and he has this creepy smile but I think it means he’s just happy and he kinda looks cute in his big-styled brown glasses going with his brown hair locks.

“Hi Hyoyeon, It’s nice to meet you, actually we’re waiting for you to straight up and to greet you back but you’re taking too long so I tried to get your attention, by the way, I’m Park Chanyeol, a second year student.” He said in a bass voice, it may be too low but it pleased my ears.

I blushed noticing that the Diamond students are starting to giggle at my cluelessness that they’re just waiting for me but I didn’t felt it. Then about 6 girls stood from their seats and walked up to me, geeeee, they look like goddesses! Chanyeol gave me a wink before going back to his seat, what’s up with the guys and their winks?

“Hello Hyoyeon! I’m Sunny.” A cute girl about the same height as me said.

“Hey, I’m Sooyoung, and if you have food, just tell me, I’ll gladly accept your offer.” A tall girl joked and I let out a small laugh.

“Wow, you came through a Dancing Scholarship? That’s so cool! I’m Tiffany.” A girl with an eyesmile cheered, if that eyesmile can kill, I bet I’ll be dead now.

“H-hi, I’m Jessica.” A girl with a royalty-like beauty said. She looked like a cold person but when she stuttered, I think she’s such a cutie too.

“Hello Hyoyeon-unnie, I’m Seo Juhyun, but you can call me Seohyun, I’m the one of the youngest in the Diamond Building but I went to an Advance class in Middle School so I’m now a freshman here.” A girl I think has a mature personality for her age told me.

“Hi Hyoyeon, I’m Taeyeon, a 3rd year student so I guess you’re my dongsaeng.” A girl with a too cute appearance for her to be older than me greeted. lol.

“T-thank you for your warm greeting, I thought you guys think I’m a weirdo.” I said as I bow my head to hide any embarrassment as much as I can.

I heard their giggles and patted my back.

“Nah ah, we actually think you’re cool and going to rock this school year. And your blonde hair just added to your beauty.” Tiffany said.

“Since getting a scholarship here is one of the biggest achievements because it takes a person who is a jack of all trades, someone who can dance, sing, rap and has an outstanding personality and appearance. And I think she looks cuter when she's embarassed.” Sooyoung informed and I nodded as understanding and just ignored her last sentence.

“And since you got one, though it obviously tells that your dancing is your best talent, we think that you’re versatile with everything.” Taeyeon said and gave me 2 thumbs up.

“Wait girls, where’s Yuri and Yoona?” Sunny said as she placed her one finger on her lips like she was wondering as she looks left and right.

“Of course they’re late as always, and Jessica-unnie should thank me, If I didn’t passed by their house this morning, I bet she’s still sleeping in her room.” Seohyun teased making Jessica pout, making us laugh.

Then we heard some huffs and heavy breathings behind us and we quickly turned to the 2 figures looking like they’re about to crouch on the floor.

“W..e’re…so..rry…f-for…b-being..late..girls…” A girl with a lightly tanned skin said between her breaths and I think has a nice figure because her uniform fitted her well.

Then the other girl finally stood straight and I was amazed by her natural beautiful small face.

“Well, if Yuri didn’t hesitated for hundred times if she’s going to buy a new hair clip we saw by a store, then we won’t run all the way here and have the gates to be nearly closed in our faces.” She said with a pretty-boyish voice.

Taeyeon gave them a water bottle that I didn’t know where it came from but I just shrugged it off.

After they drank from the water bottle, they both noticed me and Sooyoung introduced me to them and told them about the scholarship and they gave amused expressions then gave me angelic smiles.

And a loud poked on the microphone made all the students sit properly on their respective seats and Tiffany pulled me to sit along with them, having me in the seat in the front line and center of us 9 girls.

“Good Morning everyone, I’m Mr. Lee Soo Man, your dear Director and I welcome all of you in this Opening Ceremony for this school year to be spent with each of us, thank you.” The said Director greeted and all of us clapped our hands.

Then I saw Ms. Lee strode up the stairs to talk in the microphone. She welcomed us as well and introduced the President of the Student Council and from the backstage, a guy with a really white skin, gentle smile, black hair with cute short bangs walked to the front and grabbed the mic, and I heard some girls squeak, he must be popular, and I saw the infamous white logo patch in his necktie, ah, that must be it.

“It is a pleasant Morning to all of you, my dear schoolmates of City of Seoul High School. I’m Kim Joonmyeon, or Suho for you, the President of the Student Council of CSHS. I want to take this chance to thank our skilled teachers and staffs, our talented and elite students. And I want to present to you, the new Student Council for this school year.”

Girls started to shout in excitement, boys started to whistle and clap but the Diamond Students just clapped their hands with wide smiles plastered on their faces so I just did the same. Yoona whispered in my ears since she seats in my right side,

“Hyoyeon, try not to pass out when you see members of the famous guys in our school and they’re all part of the Diamond Building!” she giggled as I nodded and continued to clap her hands.

“First, our Vice President, Kris Wu.” OHMYGEE. The boy who walked out from the curtains is really, really a very cool guy, but I think being ‘hot’ suits him more as I heard Yuri say it.

“Next, our Secretary, Kim Jongdae or Chen.” And a handsome guy with very fine face structures stood infront of the crowd, and my ears are starting to bleed with all the squeals and shouts and I’m starting see banners being pulled out with “We Love you Chen!”, “Kris is the best!”, “Suho is our Guardian Angel” written on them, and more names though I don’t know who are them but I think I saw Luhan’s and before I get a total look, Suho introduced the next member and my mouth gaped open as I saw the person,

“And here goes our Treasurer, Xi Luhan.” And I swear, If only I could walk out from here, I would, because my ears can’t take it anymore. So that's what he was about to tell me when I asked him about his sudden formality. Then Luhan stood next to Chen and I saw him glance at my direction and gave me a wink, what?! Yep, another one.

“Our Auditor, let's have Byun Baekhyun.” And a cute guy stood infront and I think he pulled off the eyeliner so well, maybe better than I will. Lol what am I thinking.

“Then we also have Huang ZiTao or Tao as the Overall Club Coordinator.” What the heck is wrong with these girls? Some of them are now trying to stand on their seats and continue to shout their lungs out. And I saw a guy with menacing eyes but he looks badass stood infront next to Baekhyun.

“And we also have Kim Jongin or Kai as the Peace Officer.” Although the girls continued their current behavior, the said Kai didn’t showed up, and I saw Suho and Kris talk to each other and Suho heaved a sigh and just continued,

“Sorry for the inconvenience but I think Kai is unable to attend here.” Some let out frustrated groans but still continued whatever they’re doing when Suho introduced the next guy,

“Last but not the least, our P.R.O, Kim Minseok or Xiumin.” And I gave up with these commotions when this Xiumin guy showed with his puffy cheeks that I want to pinch but not now and I was about to walk away but a guy from my back seat held my wrists.

“Where are you going Pretty Blonde Girl?” he said with a smile, though it sounded cheesy and I was about to pull away with confused eyes, I saw Sunny and the other girls giggling and I heard them “Aw, this is so cute, look at them!” and “Isn’t that Sehun, the top 3 dancer? It seems like our Hyo caught his attention.” I turned back to the ‘Sehun guy’ and saw him just inches away from me.

I tried to back away but I slipped off from the stage where the seats of Diamond Students placed. Sehun was about to grab my waist but it was too late. And my body fell back but my head hit the floor first, though thanks to the matt where my head landed on, it still hurts. I heard gasps and saw shock expressions from the people in the Assembly hall and I was able to steal a glance seeing the 8 girls, Sehun jumped to my side, Chanyeol and Luhan running to me and calling my name, my head is getting worse by seconds and I can’t get up.

 

 

 

 

 

Then everything was black.