10.

A Call From The Past

Taeyeon brought the cup of coffee to her lips and took a long sip.

''Yah!'' Sooyoung barged in the teachers' room.

Taeyeon looked at her and Sooyoung shot a glare. ''Care to explain why you ditched me that night and then didn't show up to work yesterday?''

''I was sick'' Taeyeon said, bowing her head.

''Why do I feel like you're lying?''

''I am not''

''You seem just fine today. Actually, you look like you're on top of the world''

Taeyeon sighed. She suddenly thought of Tiffany and she knew Sooyoung was right, she felt like she was on top of the world.

I swear this girl...

''I had a bad head ache alright? Drop it Soo...''

''You were drinking!'' Sooyoung pointed her finger at Taeyeon.

''I was not!'' Taeyeon argued back. ''Mind keeping your voice down? We're at work. In SCHOOL''

Sooyoung squinted her eyes and sat down on the chair, setting her stack of books on the table.

''You owe me. Again''

''Another girls' night out?'' Taeyeon guessed.

Sooyoung nodded. ''This Saturday. My place''

''Are your friends coming over too?'' Taeyeon asked.

''Yeah''

''Well I'm glad you decided to have it in your apartment so I won't have to drag your drunk from a club again'' Taeyeon asked and heaved a sigh, grimacing at the memory of dragging Sooyoung to her apartment.

Sooyoung shot a glare at her. ''Oh shut up Taeyeon. I just had a bit too many drinks''

''You don't say?'' Taeyeon huffed.

''Shut it Tae. Bring that friend of yours there as well. The more, the merrier'' Sooyoung chirped.

''Fine. '' Taeyeon said. ''I'll ask her''

 

Taeyeon couldn't help but hurry back home. She wanted to see Tiffany so badly. It was so strange how much she was already missing her even though they were separated for a few hours.

''I'm home!'' Taeyeon shouted and kicked off her shoes, leaving her bag by the shoerack.

''Hey you'' Tiffany said and smiled, putting away the magazine she was reading on the couch. Taeyeon walked to her with her head lowered and slumped on the couch.

''Hi'' Taeyeon said. She didn't know why was she suddenly feeling so shy and awkward around Tiffany.

Tiffany leapt onto Taeyeon from her spot and hugged her tightly.

''I missed you''

''I missed you too'' Taeyeon smiled at Tiffany.

''Does it feel like all this is a dream?''

Taeyeon raised her brows. ''How'd you know?''

Tiffany placed her hand on Taeyeon's cheek, ''because it still feels like a dream to me. Tell me, am I just having another dream?''

''No'' Taeyeon replied and put her own hand on top of Tiffany's. ''I've been feeling like that all day. As crazy as it sounds, I actually ran up the stairs because the elevator was taking too long''

''Because you wanted to see me?''

''Mhm''

''I wasn't really reading that magazine. I was waiting for you''

Taeyeon laughed.

''We are crazy''

''Perhaps we are crazy...in love?'' Tiffany bit her lip.

''If that's the case, I want to be crazy with you forever''

Tiffany blushed and playfully pushed Taeyeon's shoulder.

''Since when did Kim Taeyeon become such a sweet talker? Where's the mean, non-affectionate girl I knew since high school?''

Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

''Non-affectionate? And mean? I wasn't like that...''

''Oh please, you were exactly like that. But I had kind of grown fond of that side of you and now suddenly you're bringing up something I have never seen before'' Tiffany said and bit her lip to hide her smile.

''It's because of you...'' Taeyeon's cheeks burned. She could be cheesy and mushy all for Tiffany, even though she had never been that way to anyone before.

''Okay, I like this side of you better though'' Tiffany said and hugged her from the side, ''I actually feel honored''

Taeyeon smiled a little, ''Good''

Tiffany planted a quick peck on her cheek before she sprung up from the couch.

''Come on. Let's go eat''

''You remember Sooyoung?'' Taeyeon asked as she helped Tiffany set up the table.

Tiffany pondered for a while. ''You mean the girl who can't say my name properly and who was asleep on your couch when I came back from America?''

Taeyeon inhaled deeply. ''Yes, that girl''

''How could I forget?'' Tiffany said and laughed, earning a small glare from the shorter girl.

''Well, that night after I confessed to you, I had called her so I could visit her''

''Oh...and?''

''Well she's mad at me for ditching her. I couldn't exactly tell her what was the reason I couldn't go there...'' Taeyeon looked away in an attempt to hide her flustered face.

Tiffany smirked, ''And?''

''And she invited us to a party at her place this Saturday. She says I owe her''

''Okay''

''Okay?''

Tiffany nodded, ''Let's go. I wanna meet new people and besides I'm going there with you so it'll be fun''

 


 

Tiffany eagerly waved at Taeyeon from inside the restaurant. Taeyeon smiled and waved back.

''Hey'' Tiffany said as she walked towards Taeyeon, buttoning her coat and wrapping her scarf around her neck.

''Hi'' Taeyeon replied with a grin on her face. ''In a hurry to see me?''

''Why yes I am. I happened to miss you very much'' Tiffany linked her arm around Taeyeon's and began to walk.

Taeyeon leaned closer to Tiffany and quietly said, ''I missed you too''

Tiffany bit her lip and smiled. ''Trying to be romantic, huh?''

''Hmmm..maybe a little?'' Taeyeon laughed.

''Keep going...keep going'' Tiffany said teasingly.

''Okay, so how was work?''

Tiffany suddenly grinned and jumped up a little. ''I made a friend!''

Taeyeon raised her brows at her, ''really? What's her name?''

''Actually, it's a guy'' Tiffany bit her lip nervously.

Taeyeon gave her a blank expression.

''It's the cook''

Great.

Taeyeon wondered if the strange anger building up within was jealousy. She didn't know why would she become jealous over something like that. Seeing Tiffany be so excited about it was probably one of the reasons.

''Oh?''

''Yeah. We had a chat and he was being really friendly with me. We handled the orders way better today than before!'' she exclaimed.

''Are you sure he's not trying to hit on you?''

Tiffany giggled. ''Oh my God, he's an ahjussi! No way Tae...he's married''

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and mentally scolded herself getting jealous.

''Right...''

Tiffany leaned closer to Taeyeon, ''I have you. I have no interest in looking at anybody else but you''

''And you said I was being too cheesy, listen to yourself Tiffany'' Taeyeon joked.

''I think it has something to do with us being like fools in love'' Tiffany stuck her tongue out. ''Besides, you're the only one I can act like that to''

''Alright, honey'' Taeyeon flashed a big smile to Tiffany. ''Let's go home quickly because this fool right here is tired''

Tiffany smiled widely, ''Yes, honey''

 


''So have you thought about telling your family?''

Taeyeon pursed her lips and rolled on her side, facing Tiffany on the bed.

''About us?'' Taeyeon asked and she nodded.

''Yeah, but I'm not quite sure yet'' she sighed, not liking the anxiety she began to feel all of a sudden. Tiffany reached out to her hand and held it tightly, ''Don't be nervous. You'll tell them when you're ready''

''And what about your parents?''

Tiffany heaved a sigh, ''I don't want to even talk to them right now. Maybe it'll do good to be away from them and not talk to them for a while''

''Should we tell anyone else?''

''Can we be discreet about this for some time? I'm still kind of getting used to this'' Tiffany smiled a little.

''I wasn't exactly thinking about your face off in front of everyone on the street''

Tiffany rolled her eyes and smacked Taeyeon on her arm.

''Of course not. I mean, let's just take it slow''

''I still feel like this all is a dream'' Taeyeon laid on her back again, running her fingers on Tiffany's warm hand.

''I know it does. We had to wait really long for this. Not to mention all this stuff that we had to endure''

''I'm happy now. We should forget about the past and focus on what is right now, at this moment'' Tiffany scooted closer to Taeyeon and made Taeyeon turn her head to face her.

''I love you Tae. You're so perfect. And I feel grateful that I have you. You're the only one who has ever made me feel special and important, even though you probably never did that purposely. I know it's a lot to ask for but please, never let me go'' Tiffany's words were honest and Taeyeon could feel the love that emitted from her. She felt the same way, but she did not know how to put them into words.

It made her feel warm inside, everything about Tiffany was making her happy. It was safe to say that she had Tiffany's heart and Tiffany had hers.

''Tiffany...I won't ever let go of you. I won't ever. Now that I know how it would be like to be with you, I don't want anything else. I won't settle for anything else''

Tiffany placed her hand on Taeyeon's cheek and kissed her.

''I'm only for you Tiffany. I'm all yours'' Taeyeon said quietly once they parted. Tiffany smiled and brushed Taeyeon's fringe away from her eyes.

Tiffany placed her lips against the shell of Taeyeon's ear, ''I won't ever give you up. Not to anyone. Never''

 


A short chapter because I'm having trouble trying to write fluff...XD I'm not really good at it, but if you liked this chapter then I'm very glad lol

Alright sooooo about these upvotes on this story...COME YOU ALL HERE SO I CAN GIVE YOU A HUG ;_____;

Seriously. I did not expect this lol and the fact that I have really awesome readers...So again, I want to thank you all<3 And I'm glad you liked my first ever attempt at TaeNy XD

Also, please check out my another TaeNy story I'm writing with my friend :D you can check it out on here

It's angst once again, but I can almost guarantee you guys that it's gonna be great :p

I love you all<3