Chapter 9

The Library Regular

 

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“So, little _______ finally has a crush,” he teases, ruffling your hair.

 

You pull his arm away.

 

“Stop joking. He’s just a friend,” you huffed.

 

“I sure hope so,” he mutters under his breath, walking away.

 

Your eyebrows raise at his comment. “What?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Hm, must have heard wrong then,” you shrugged, and thought nothing more of it.



- - - -

That night, you twisted and turned in your bed. Huffing, you give up.

 

When these nights occurred, you laid in your bed and just thought.

 

Thought about the day, the week, the future, the past. Just thought about everything.

 

And tonight, you thought about the predicament you were currently in. Was this even called a predicament?

 

“You like him, huh?” You repeated Chanyeol’s words in your head.

 

“I guess I like him. But, what if Ellie likes him? And, if he likes Ellie back?”

 

You thought back to all the situations that occurred with Kyungsoo.

 

Like that time he flicked the leaf from your hair…

 

Like the time when your faces were so close you could feel his breath on your lips…

 

What if he likes you?

 

But you are reminded of how he’s always hanging with Ellie. And, how Ellie always seems to be asking about Kyungsoo.

 

And, what are you going to do if he likes Ellie?

 

You shake your head in confusion, not knowing what to do. This was too confusing, no wonder why you never liked this thing called love.





- - - -

Knock. Knock.

 

Knock knock knock.

 

“___________! Get your lazy up. Your lil’ boyfriend is here.”

 

You groan at the thundering commotion.

 

“What do you want?!!”

 

“I said. YOUR BOYFRIEND IS HERE.”

 

“Boyfriend? What boyfriend? I don’t have a boyfriend, stupid,” you thought, still drowning with sleep.

 

Your eyes grow large, “OH .”

 

“Tell him, I’ll be out in 15. And, HE’S NOT MY BOYFRIEND!” you screamed.

 

. . .

 

“How did I forget?!” you reprimanded. You quickly shuffle around for clothes and head straight to the bathroom. “A quick shower will have to do.”




 

A week ago, Kyungsoo had asked if you were busy this weekend. His manager at his workplace had given him two free tickets to see the famous legend, EXILE. He asked Luhan, but the latter was busy with an engineering project. So, he asked you.

 

Of course, when he had asked, you were a bit skeptical about being together with him, just the two of you. But, when he mentioned the amazing, life-changing, awe-inspiring, and of course, LEGENDARY, band, you really couldn’t say no.

 

Of course, EXILE isn’t your all-time favorite band. Nope. Definitely not. And, the shelf next to your bed, filled with every single EXILE album, definitely doesn’t say anything.

 

Of course, you’d be lying.


 

To say you were ecstatic, it would be an understatement. It was always your dream to sit in at least one EXILE concert. You promised to yourself that the first concert that you’d ever see would be an EXILE one. And, this was finally your chance.


- - - -

You were finally dressed and ready. When you were about to step into the hallway, you heard a few voices from the living room. Quietly closing the bathroom door until a crack, you listened in on the conversation. The deep voice indicated that it was Chanyeol who was speaking.

 

What are they even talking about?

 

“So, do you like her?” his deep voice asks, nonchalantly.

 

“W-what?” a voice sputtered, you figure it was Kyungsoo.

 

“I said, ‘do you like like her?’ Because, if you really don’t, then you shouldn’t be doing this,” his deep voice threatens.

 

Your heart skips a beat. What?

 

Kyungsoo’s voice raises a bit, “What do you mean by this? What does this have anything to do with you, anyway?”

 

Having heard enough, you open the bathroom door loudly.


 

As you step out into the living room, both males look at you, surprised. Then, they turned to glare back at each other. As if silently continuing their conversation.

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo. Sorry, I accidentally forgot to set my alarm,” you interrupt their staredown.

 

He turns to you with a smile, “It’s okay. It’s still early anyway.”

 

You hear Chanyeol scoff. “What kind of lazy bum sleeps in until three in the afternoon, anyway.”

 

You ignore him as you walk past, slipping on your shoes, you say, “Okay let’s go.”

 

The door closes, and you and Kyungsoo walk toward the bus stop.

 

“So, I was thinking we go grab something to eat before the concert. What do you feel like eating?” Kyungsoo asks, politely.

 

“Hm…” you say aloud, thinking, “How about that new chinese restaurant that opened downtown? I think it’s close to the venue.”

 

“Sure.”




- - - -

You were sitting across Kyungsoo at the table, talking about the latest event that happened on campus.

 

“I know right, can you believe they actually brought out the tasers?”

 

Kyungsoo laughs at your comment, holding his napkin to his mouth. He sets it down and pushes his chair away from the table.

 

“Be right back. I’m going to use the restroom.”

 

You nod and he walks toward the restroom.

 

Bzzt. Bzzt.

 

You look over your plate to stare at Kyungsoo’s buzzing phone. Checking the screen, you see the name that you secretly didn’t want to appear: Ellie.



 

“Hey, sorry about that. Ready to go?”

 

You look up at Kyungsoo and back down to the phone. You pointed to it and said, “Your phone was buzzing earlier.”

 

He moved quickly to check his phone. You watched as he texted something back. Your lips thinned and you stared out the window of the shop.

 

“_______? I already paid the check; are you ready to go?”

 

“Huh? Oh, yeah. How much was it?” you ask, stretching your arm to grab your wallet.

 

He leans over and places his palm on your arm. You look at him questioningly.

 

“My treat,” he says, with a grin.

 

“What? No. It’s okay. I’ll pay my half,” you protest.

 

“No. It’s okay,” he says calmly, checking his watch, “Plus, we should get going.”

 

He slides his hand from your arm to your wrist and pulls you gently up, guiding you to the door. You stare at his hand on yours, flabbergasted. Too surprised, you let him lead the way towards the venue.

 

You both are leisurely walking to the venue, but his hands are still on your wrist.

 

“Um… I think you can let go now?” you ask, pointing to his hand, and looking up at his eyes.

 

“Hm… Maybe not. There’s a lot of people around. You might get lost,” he says with a smile and slides his hand into yours, gripping your fingers firmly.

 

You feel the heat rise to your face as you look to see a content smile on Kyungsoo’s face as he looks forward, continuing the walk. You look back down to your entwined hands and let out a small smile sit on your lips.


As you looked around, the streets were scattered with only a few people, but you let your hand sit contently in his, just a bit longer. 

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys! Finals are FINALLY over for me! wooot! but now its just waiting to see the F's that are gonna be all over my transcript T.T Anyways, here's the new chapter. I'm sorry it took so long, since finals and all, but I hope you guys enjoy it! Comment to tell me what you think! Also, thank you to all my subscribers! I don't know why you even subscribed but thanks so much!!!!!! <3