Chapter 7

The Library Regular

 

 

 

Today was one of those weekly dinners that gradually became a custom. Ellie decided that tonight was going to be a home-cooked meal, Italian themed. And, that meant: pasta.

 

At least, it was supposed to be an Italian pasta. However, in the end you were served an Asian-Italian fusion: Kimchi Spaghetti.

 

It all started when Kyungsoo arrived and had asked Ellie if he could help. Apparently, he could cook. Gosh, what can’t this boy do!? Consequently, he suggested this fused entree.

 

 

You had no say, whatsoever, considering that you could not cook, and did not cook. At all. So, you just stayed in the sidelines, watching the two cooks sizzling ingredients away.

 

You looked down at the plate in front of you, it was a mess of red and yellow. Cautiously, you dug your fork into the concoction, picking up some of the noodles. From the corner of your eye you could see Kyungsoo and Ellie staring at you, waiting for your response.

 

Placing the food in your mouth, you tasted a burst of flavor. Tomato, kimchi, and a collection of Italian spices attacked your taste buds. Surprisingly, it was delicious.

 

You gave both cooks two thumbs up and grinned. They both high-fived each other at their success. Then, everyone proceeded to fill their tummies with deliciousness.





- - - -

It was dark when you step into your apartment. All of the lights are off except for the dimly lit dining room. You removed your shoes and place them in the shoe closet.

 

“Hello? Anyone home?” you ask aloud.


You walk slowly towards the dining room, peering behind the wall to see a dark figure hunched over the dinner table. Within a second, as if noticing you standing there, the figure sits straight up, and you jump at the sudden movement.

 

“OH MY SHEESHUS. You scared the crap out of me!” you shout, clutching your chest.

 

“What the hell are you doing!?!” you scream, due to the jolt of adrenaline still running through your system.

 

You run over to the light switch and flip them on, bringing more light into the room. You can clearly see Amber’s sullen face, staring into nothing. You quietly walk over to her, slipping into the seat next to her.

 

“Amber?” you ask, waving a hand in front of her face.

 

She begins to pout, then groan, and slams her face into her arms, on top of the table. She continues her mini-tantrum before quieting down, with her face still covered. You curiously poke her on the shoulder, wondering what happened to the usually, overly energetic girl.

 

“You want to talk about it?” you whisper. All you receive in return is silence. You sit for a little longer, staring awkwardly at the walls and back to her, before she begins to respond. Finally, she lifts her head and looks at you. You are caught off guard when you notice that she looks like she’s about to cry.

 

“What’s wrong? Did something bad happen?” you ask.

 

She mumbles something unintelligible.

 

“What?”

 

She sighs and repeats herself with more clarity, “I was being really stupid.”

 

You sit quietly, waiting for her to explain, but she doesn’t continue. The curiosity is gnawing at you, so you ask, “How come? What happened?”

 

She sighs again. After giving some time, she finally explains that Henry, the boy who she may or may not have a crush on, but you really think she’s totally smitten by him, finally confessed his feelings for her. But, she got so surprised that she punched him in the face and ran away.

 

“So, that’s what happened.” She groaned once again before thumping her head against the table.

 

You tried to hold in your giggle.

 

“There, there. It’s okay. Wait. You like him too, right?” you question.

 

Amber attempts to nod her head, even with it still buried in her arms.

 

“Then, why don’t you just call him, apologize, and tell him how much you love the fool.”

 

She peeks up from her hiding place and looks at you with her sad eyes.

 

“What if he hates me?” she mumbles.

 

“I’m sure he doesn’t hate you. If anything, I’m pretty sure he might have seen this one coming,” you lightly chuckle, “Plus, the sooner you apologize, the sooner he’ll forgive you, and you both will live happily ever after. The End.”

 

She doubtfully looks at you. You grin back at her and throw her two thumbs up for good measure. She finally breaks into a smile.

 

“Okay. I’m going to call him right now,” she states, determined.

 

With that, she runs to her room, phone in hand. You smile to yourself, glad that you could help a friend out.

 

You trudge towards your room, exhausted. You proceed to sprawl over your bed and just lay there for a few minutes.

 

You hear loud thumping outside your bedroom door and a shout that possibly came from Amber stating that she was going out to talk to him. And, something about his “left eye being bruised like a mother--,” which ended with a prompt slam of the door being shut. You let out a long sigh, “finally, I can relax” you say to yourself.

 

You are really starting to think that you might be in a colligation with the devil or something, because right when you said that line, you hear a crash and a bump from outside. You slowly creep outside to the living room just as someone slams the door open. You stare suspiciously at the scene.

 

“What the hell.”

 

Chanyeol stumbles in, wasted, with Kris holding him with his arm around his waist and his arm around Kris’ shoulder.

 

“Uh. He, might have had a little bit more than necessary.”

 

“Really? You don’t say,” you sneer at Kris, running over to the tumbling pair.


 

You both set the half conscious male on the couch. Once he looks comfortable enough, Kris stands up and says a “Well, good luck with him. See ya” and closes the door behind him before you can even say a single word. Your mouth opens and closes like a fish out of the water. What the hell were you supposed to do with a drunk person!?


 

You look worriedly down at the sleeping man sprawled across the too-tiny-couch. “Water,” you think. You walk into the kitchen and fill a glass with water. You walk back to the couch, moving his long legs to the side so you can sit on the edge of the furniture. You place the glass on the table, and try to shake awake the unconscious person.

 

“Chanyeol. Chanyeol. Wake up and drink some water.”


 

He doesn’t budge, so you shake him with more force. Finally, he responds with a groan. You let out a relieved sigh. You help him sit up. Although he is in a sitting position, his entire body is hunched over. You hold out the glass to his lips because he is in no condition to be holding a glass cup. He takes a few giant gulps. As you try to place the glass back down onto the table, his upper body gives out and falls over you.


 

The weight is a little bit too much for you to bear. Just as you were about to push him upright again, he extends his arms around your body and snuggles into your neck. In a moment of shock, you use all your energy and push him off. He ends up tumbling to the ground in a mess of long limbs.

 

“Oh .”

 

You kneel down beside him and shake him again, but he remains unresponsive. You start to panic until you hear a quiet snore coming from the giant. You heave a sigh and try to pull him back onto the couch.

 

“Damn it. Park. Chanyeol. Why are you so damn heavy!”

 

Once he is finally settled onto the couch, dead asleep, you stand next to the couch watching him for any sudden movements. You finally deem it safe to retreat back to your room. You are just about to walk away when you hear a small mumble.

 

“_______...”

 

You look at him and sigh. “Gosh, the things I do for this kid.”



You went to the closet for extra blankets and placed it snugly around Chanyeol. You grabbed your small blanket and wrapped it around yourself. You settled on the ground, back against the bottom of the couch. You silently watch over him the entire night. He occasionally tosses violently in his slumber and you pat him gently until he calms. You yawn for the upteenth time as you move around for a better position. It was extremely late already and your eyes begin to droop, never realizing when you fell asleep against the foot of the couch. 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the long wait for this chapter, but I've been reallllllllly busy since school started again and also I was sidetracked by finishing up a oneshot for a friend of mines so I sorta used my free time to write that instead [its actually uploaded here :D its featuring Baekhyun, called Dating Disasters (The Perfect Date)] so....yeah......sorry. Also, I prolly won't be updating again, at least not anytime soon, since my midterms are rapidly approaching, but until then, sorry T.T and enjoy this chapter!!! :D ALSO, THANKS TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUBSCRIBED even though you shouldn't have because this is all just word vomit AND THANKS FOR READINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG <3333333