Chapter 10

The Library Regular




“Did you hear Atsushi sing?!” you rave, “His voice was so deep and smooth.”

 

Kyungsoo nods on as he listens to you talk nonstop since the concert ended.

 

“I’m glad you enjoyed the show,” he chuckles.

 

Your face was still radiating excitement, “It was awesome! Thanks for giving me the extra ticket, though. It’s too bad your other friends were busy. They definitely missed some awesome singers tonight.”

 

He stops walking when you’re both near the front of your stairwell. You stop as well, turning to him, and opening your mouth to thank him again for the night. But, before you can say anything, he places his hands on either side of your arms.

 

You look at him with confusion in your eyes, while he stares back with seriousness.

 

“________, I have something to tell you.”

 

You focus your eyes on him, waiting for what he had to say next. You don’t know why, but your heart accelerated. Maybe deep down, you knew exactly what he was going to say, but you didn’t know if you were even ready to hear such things. Holding your breath, you anticipated his next sentence.

 

“I like you, so please be my girlfriend.”

 

You gawked at him, mouth dropping. It was definitely what you had predicted, but nothing could keep the shock from being displayed onto your facial features.

 

What?

 

“I-I-I’m sorry. I mean I like you, too, but I can’t go out with you,” you stutter, moving his hands away and stepping back.

 

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, “What? Why?”

 

You take another two steps away from him, “Because! Because… Ellie’s my friend. And– And, I can’t do this to her.”

 

He looks at you with even more confusion. Taking a step towards you, he asks desperately, “What does this have anything to do with Ellie?”

 

Your eyes gloss over from unshed tears. “It just does, okay?” you exasperate.

 

“I’m sorry,” you whisper, taking another step and turning away from him.

 

*Stop ______! You WILL NOT cry! Walk away. Now! You idiot!* you chanted in your brain.

 

“Wait! I think there’s a misunderstanding!” he calls as he grabs onto your wrist, pulling you back around.

 

You yank your arm out of his grip and glare at the ground, unable to raise your head. You fist your hands at your sides and blink back your tears. “Just, please just go home, Kyungsoo.”

 

He gently reaches out to hold your wrist. “Please, can you please just explain why? I don’t get it. I like you and you like me back. Why–”

 

“Let go of her,” a voice threatens. You look towards the voice and see it’s Chanyeol. He stomps his way over; his face darkens when he notices that Kyungsoo is still holding your arm.

 

“Chanyeol… what are you doing here?” your voice comes out uneven.

 

He reaches out and grabs your arm, pulling you away. “Come on, ________.”  

 

Kyungsoo’s grasp tightens unconciously, rendering you in your place. Seeing as you aren’t budging, Chanyeol turns and glares at Kyungsoo.

 

“I said to let go of her,” He snarls.

 

“No. This is our business and it has nothing to do with you,” Kyungsoo retaliates, his grasp still firm around your right wrist.

 

“Both of you stop! And, let me go!” you shout, but your demand falls to deaf ears as both males send each other death glares.

 

You try to wrench your arms away from either hold, but it was no use. Their strength was too much for you. In addition, you arms are starting to lose its feeling. You felt like a ragged old doll, getting pulled left and right between two fighting kids.

 

In a quick moment, Chanyeol pulls you behind him and his hand impacts with Kyungsoo’s jaw. The loud crunch resonates in your ears as your widened eyes watch Kyungsoo’s smaller figure fall to the floor with a thud. Unable to process the situation, you are left dumbfounded. You are dragged up the stairs, speechless, as you watch Kyungsoo stand up, wiping blood off his lips with the back of his hand, watching you get pulled away.



 

Chanyeol slams the door behind you.

 

“YA! Park Chanyeol!” you yell, yanking your arm away from his grip, “What the were you thinking?!!? LET ME GO!”

 

He continues to drag you toward your room. Reaching the hallway, you finally twist your arm out of his iron grip. You rub at your sore arm. The pain soon subsided, but your anger did not diminish so easily.

 

“What the was that?! Why the hell did you do that!?”

 

You watched as his knuckles turned white as he tightened his fists, but he stayed silent, glaring at the opposite wall.

 

“PARK CHANYEOL! Answer me!”

 

He lets out a loud growl as he grabs your shoulders and slams you against the wall. You wince at the impact. Trapping you between him and the wall, you stare into his eyes, those brown orbs were now black with fury.

 

“Chan–”

 

He moves even closer to your face. You flinch and turn your face to the side, unable to stand the proximity.

 

“Do you really want to know why?” he snaps.

 

You keep still as he moves even closer, molding you into the wall. He places his chin on your right shoulder. His breath tickling your ear.

 

There was a silence pause.

 

“It’s because I ing love you. That’s why,” he whispers.

 

You are left speechless once again. You stare at him with wide eyes as he steps a foot away from you. A sigh leaves his mouth, his shoulders drop defeatedly. He removes his hands from your shoulders slowly, letting them slide lightly against your arms. Never once meeting your eyes, he turns and walks out the front door, leaving you standing alone in the hallway.





- - - -

Three days passed since that night. And, in those three days, you practically locked yourself in your room. Only leaving for necessary reasons. As you went to class and back, you avoided everyone. When Ellie texted you or called you, you ignored them. You just weren’t ready to talk yet. You didn’t even know where to begin even if you tried.

 

Occasionally, Amber or Key tried to get you to go out, “get some fresh air,” they’d say. Sometimes you’d walk around the apartment complex with either one, and sometimes you just didn’t feel like it. You didn’t tell them what happened, but they knew it must’ve had something to do with Chanyeol because he could hardly be seen at the apartment.




 

BANG. BANG. BANG.

 

“Open the door, you !”

 

You knew this was going to happen some time, but didn’t think it’d be this soon. You sighed as you walked toward your door, unlocking it.

 

Ellie trudges into your room, huffing.

 

“You ! How dare you lock yourself up in this room,” she yells. “And not tell your best friend anything!?” Her voice drops lower and pouts at you.

 

She sits on your bed and pats the empty spot next to her. You walk towards her quietly and sit down. There was a pregnant pause.

 

“So, Kyungsoo told me what happened.”

 

“Oh.”

 

She sighs. Suddenly, she slaps your arm, really hard. You yelp in part pain and part surprise.

 

“You are so stupid,” she states, “I don’t like Kyungsoo. He likes you. And, obviously, you like him, too.”

 

“But–”

 

“No. You listen to me! What were you thinking? You make me so mad, do you know that? Do you know how long it took me to convince Kyungsoo to ask you out?!”

 

Wait. What?

 

You look at her in a mixture of confusion and surprise.

 

“Yeah, you . I was helping Kyungsoo plan his confession. And, now it’s all ruined!” she cries.

 

“Oh.”

 

The flood of information was clarifying, yet shocking all at once. What were you to do now?

 

“Ellie, what do I do?” you murmur as you look into your best friend’s eyes.

 

She raises an eyebrow at your comment. You sigh and proceed to explain the events of that dramatic night.

 

“________, ask yourself this: ‘who is it that I really like?’”

 

You think about it for a few minutes and stand up. You turn to Ellie with determination.

 

“I got to do something about this,” you declared as Ellie gives you an encouraging smile.


You smile back and state with the most certainty, “I’m going to fix this.”




A/N: Hey guys........don't hate me too much for this chapter LOL got to put some drama up in here, you know what I mean? LOL i'm just kidding, but yeah.......sorry for the swear words, heh, but thats how me and my friend would talk to each other......so yeah.....anyways, comment below and tell me what you think! This story should end pretty soon though....prolly in just one or two more chapters :D so yeah thanks so much for reading! <3