Epilogue

The Library Regular

 

 

You sat at a bench in front of the library, waiting for Kyungsoo. It had actually been a while since you’ve been at the library. Staring up at the tall building, you think back to when you first set eyes on that one library regular…

 

It was a relatively windy day, when you arrived at the library. You sat at a table on the third floor, next to giant windows. You stared out, watching the gentle breeze carry the petals of cherry blossoms passed you. Your gaze follows the small pink particles until a figure emerges in your peripheral. Your eyes land on a male sitting one table away, his chocolate brown eyes staring back at you...

 

“Hey, what you thinking about?” a voice breaks you from your reverie.

 

“Huh?” you utter dumbfoundedly as you stare up at the owner of the voice, but all you see is the bright glare of the afternoon sun.

 

You bring your hand on top of your eyes to get a better look. Your breath hitches when your eyes meet those same chocolate brown eyes, and your lips curve into a grin.

 

“Hey,” you say as you watch his dazzling smile.

 

“You ready to go? I think Kris is already waiting for us.”

 

“Yeah,” you say, standing up.

 

You both walk towards the destination, the grin never leaving your face.



- - - -

You arrived at Cafe (whatever name you want to give it). You and Kyungsoo took a seat next to Ellie and Luhan, with Kris in front of you. This was the first time you’d ever been to this small cafe on the corner of a street in downtown. Kris had apparently recommended it. Noticing Kris had been staring at the cashier girl the entire ten minutes you all have been there, you have an inkling feeling that it wasn’t the cafe’s drinks that attracted him here.

 

You giggle quietly to yourself. You stop and look at Kyungsoo’s questioning stare when he nudges you with his shoulder. You lean over to his ear and whisper your assumptions to him. You watch him observe Kris’ obvious behavior and he, too, starts chuckling.

 

“What are you two lovebirds laughing at?” Ellie’s annoyed voice calls out.

 

You and Kyungsoo giggle some more, as you wave her off. “Nothing,” you muster between bouts of laughter. She rolls her eyes, leaning back into Luhan’s arm, with the intent on ignoring you both.


 

Through the entire ordeal, Kris has yet to give anyone at the table a bit of his attention. He suddenly gets up when the cashier calls his name. He stumbles a bit out of his seat and straightens his clothes. He walks coolly toward the front counter, strutting like a model.

 

Everyone watches in amusement as he winks toward the cashier and grabs his drink. Just as he was about to make his way back to his seat, Chanyeol and two other males walk through the door, the bell signalling their arrival. One had blonde hair, much shorter than Chanyeol, and was sporting a shy grin. The other looked really familiar, someone that you’d probably seen around campus before. He was as tall as Chanyeol and had dark red hair and deep eyes. You watch curiously as the two strangers walk to the counter, probably to order.

 

Your attention is shifted to Chanyeol as he wraps his arm around Kris’ shoulder and joins everyone at the table.

 

“Hey, what’s up,” he grins happily.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Hello, Chanyeol.”

 

Then, Chanyeol gasps dramatically. “Kris. You’re not drinking green tea frap!?”

 

You stare at Chanyeol like he’s lost his mind. “What’s the big deal anyway?” you say.

 

“How many times do I have to say that Kris hates green tea?!” someone shouts, frustratingly.

 

You round your eyes at the outburst coming from the taller stranger.

 

“Tao, shut up. You’re embarrassing yourself in front of new friends,” Kris says calmly.

 

He covers his mouth and a light blush covers his face as he mumbles an apology.

 

You couldn’t help but laugh a little, “It’s okay,” you say, “I’m ________. Nice to meet you.”

 

He looks at you shyly, but nods his head. “Tao,” he says softly.

 

You look at him more intently, as if willing the memory to come to you. You know, for a fact, that you had seen him somewhere before.

 

And then, you jumped a bit out of your seat as you finally remember. He was the boy that you bumped into at the elevator. Tucking the revelation away somewhere in your head, you settled into your seat more comfortably. “What a small world,” you thought.

 

The other boy, introduced as Baekhyun, comes to the table with Tao’s and Chanyeol’s drinks. When Kris and Chanyeol stated that the newcomers were their basketball teammates, you were a little shocked that the shorter boy could even play a sport at all. He looked too fragile. But then again, Chanyeol was on the team.

 

But, as everyone gathered around the table, you realized that Tao and Baekhyun were actually very funny and sensible. Soon, they’d become an irreplaceable part of your circle of friends.

 

And so, that Saturday afternoon went on as you all hung out at the small little cafe, chatting about old stories that got everyone clutching their stomachs from laughter.



- - - -

The shop had closed early since business was slowing down as evening hit. Everyone gathered outside the Cafe doors, saying their goodbyes. The cashier from earlier locked the Cafe’s door, and stalked into Kris’ arm.

 

Everyone, including yourself, rounded their eyes.

 

“Oh, this is my girlfriend, Lina” Kris says nonchalantly.

 

“Already? Damn, man! One wink is all it took, huh?” Chanyeol teases, slapping him across his shoulder.

 

Everyone laughs as Kris smirks.

 

“What are you guys talking about? He stalked my Cafe for five weeks before actually asking me out!” Kris’ girlfriend states pointedly.

 

Kris’ eyes widen and a blush dots his face, and everyone bursts out into more laughter.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Okay. We’re leaving,” Kris states and leads his girlfriend away from the laughing crowd.

 

You watch him spread his long arm around her shoulder as they walk away.

 

“We’re leaving, too,” Ellie says, intertwining her hand with Luhan’s as they turn away from the crowd.

 

You also watch as the couple leaves hand in hand. A small thought in the back of your mind silently wonders if you’d ever be comfortable enough to do that with Kyungsoo.



- - - -

You and Kyungsoo decided to split from the group when everyone dispersed to their evening activities. You both walked side by side down the quiet, but well-lit streets of downtown. There were scattered people sitting in restaurants, cafes, and ice cream parlors, but the majority of the streets were empty. The season had changed and it was now cold, dreary winter. The night was a bit chilly, so you had expected to see less people around.

 

As you walked and explored the streets filled with mini trinket shops, Kyungsoo cleared his throat and stopped walking. You look at him questioningly. He smiles at you and holds out his pinky. You look at his held out appendage curiously. He flushes slightly and loops his pinky with yours.

 

You gasp aloud, almost pulling your hand away. You stare intently at him, as if asking for an explanation.

 

“Since I can’t hold your hand. We can start out slow, like this,” he says, wiggling your entwined finger.

 

You blush furiously. It may not have been an arm draping protectively over your shoulder, or the closeness of intertwined fingers, hand in hand, but this was just as endearing.



Just like that, he had managed to take another piece of your heart. And so, you both walked pinky in pinky all the way back to your apartment. 

 

A/N: AND ITS DONE YAYYYYYYYYY!! Did I update fast enough? :D  I probably won't be writing another chaptered story for a long long time hahaha maybe i'll just stick to oneshots :D Anyways, thank you guys so much for reading!! Also, thanks to all my subscribers!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! <3 I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 It's been fun writing this and I really hope you guys enjoyed this, also thanks to all of those who have commented it means alot! <3