Chapter 8

The Library Regular

 

 

 

 

You unconsciously roll off to the side of your bed, the slight movement pushes you over the edge and you fall to the hard, tiled floor with a loud thump.

 

“Owwww” you mumble as you rub your hipbone that impacted with the floor. You groggily look up at your surroundings. Realization dawned on you as you notice that you were not in your room. Instead, you found yourself sitting on the floor in the living room. You look at the couch and find the blanket that you had used to cover Chanyeol in a heap.

 

“What the hell,” you thought, “Wait, where’s Chanyeol?”


 

You get up from the ground and pat yourself from the dust. You proceed straight to Chanyeol’s room door. It was slightly open, so you peeked in, hoping to find that the giant was not in a risk of hurting himself.

 

As you peer in, you are stupefied at the scene. Your mouth drops and so do your hand from the door knob. You turn straight around and bolt into your room and slam the door behind you, face flushed.

 

“Oh. My. Krisus.”

 

You close your eyes to wipe away the image, but your dirty mind couldn’t erase the milky skin and muscular back. Instead, the image became clearer. Shoulder blades protruding ily as he raised his arms to remove his shirt, at least, that what you thought he was doing. The back muscles flexing against the strain.

 

“What the . Stop. STOP. STOP!” you cry.

 

“I don’t even know why I even reacted that way. It’s not like I’m attracted to him! Okay, I have to admit it was pretty hot. BUT. Not on Chanyeol! Okay, maybe on Chanyeol. OH MY. JUST STOP.”

 

You continue your mental breakdown, pacing back to forth around the small empty walkway in your room. You finally tire yourself out and fall back onto your bed. You groan loudly, flailing your limbs.

 

You go to your closet to grab some clothes and walk straight to the bathroom. “Maybe a nice shower will clear my mind,” you think.



- - - -

You walk into the kitchen. Your feet and the tiled floor seemed to have molded together because you couldn’t move. Standing at the island was Chanyeol, fixing himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

 

“Just act normal,” you think to yourself.

 

“Morning.”

 

“Morning,” you reply back quietly, looking at a piece of dust in the corner of the room. Chanyeol stares at you like you’ve grown another head.

 

“You just gonna stand there?”

 

At his comment, you slide across the kitchen. You open your cupboard to find that you don’t have anymore food. “Guess I’m skipping breakfast,” you think with a sigh.

 

“You want one?”

 

You turn around to see that Chanyeol already made an extra PB & J sandwich for you. You silently stare at him, eyebrows raised.

 

“What? Here, just take it. Gosh, not like I freaking poisoned it or something,” he says exasperatedly, handing you the sandwich on a napkin.

 

You smile at him and take the sandwich. “Thanks.”


 

You happily eat your sandwich, while sitting on the kitchen’s island, completely forgetting about the event that happened an hour ago. Chanyeol sits across from you and eats his sandwich slowly. “That’s weird. He’s never this quiet, and he’s eating slow. He usually eats like a bulldozer” you wonder as you look at him, his eyes never once looking at you.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” you ask.

 

He finally looks up at you and mumbles something quietly.

 

“What?” you ask, moving your head closer to hear better.

 

“I said, thanks. For, you know, last night.”

 

“Oh, yeah. No problem. It’s not like I’m heartless and just leave my drunk friend after watching him tumble to the floor.”

 

“What?! Is that where this bruise came from? And this one?!” he exclaims, pointing at a dark purple bump forming on his arm and lifts his knee to reveal a similar mark.

 

You nod slowly, feeling the slight guilt crawling up your neck. It really wasn’t your fault. He was extremely close, so he deserved it. Probably.





- - - -

You were walking back from your last class, and your stomach cried out for food.

 

“Maybe I should buy a sandwich before heading back…” you wondered. Another growl finalized your decision.

 

You began walking to the sandwich shop in the campus food court. After paying for you sandwich, and walking out towards the tables, you notice two very familiar figures sitting at a table on the far left.

 

“Is that Ellie and… Kyungsoo?” you wondered, squinting at the figures.

 

You took a few steps toward the table to get a better look. Sure enough, sitting at the table was your best friend and your crush. You watched as Ellie described something animatedly, with hand gestures and all. You watched curiously as the both of them double over in laughter. Then Ellie went back to explaining something with a serious face. You watched as she reached over the table and grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand. Then, proceeded to intertwine their fingers.

 

You felt your heart sink. Turning around abruptly, you sped walked out of the food court and went straight home. “Did Ellie like Kyungsoo? Does Kyungsoo like her, too? Since when were they together!?! What about Luhan?!” thoughts ran through your brain.




- - - -

When you reached your apartment, you marched straight to your room, ignoring the staring Chanyeol.

 

Just as you were about to drop your belongings, your phone buzzed. Taking it out, you see that Ellie had messaged you. You sighed and threw the phone on the ground with the rest of your stuff, without checking what she had to say.

 

You retreated to the comfort of your bed, eyes closed tight, and ignoring the gnawing at your stomach. You weren’t sure if it was the hunger or the repulsive scene you just witnessed, or maybe both, but didn’t really have the mind to care as you fell into a depressing slumber.


 

A few hours must have passed because it was dark by the time you woke. Checking your phone, you are reminded of the message that Ellie sent.

 

Ellie: Hey were you at the food court just now? I think i saw you. Should have came over to sit with us. Me and kyungsoo were discussing our skit for the drama class.

 

You blinked repeated at the screen in front of you. “Skit for drama class?” you repeated, making sure for the upteenth time that you did not misread.

 

Was that all it was?

 

You slapped your hand over your forehead and groaned. “Way to overreact,” you sighed.



 

You were sitting at the dining table, eating your sandwich, when Chanyeol saunters over to where you’re sitting.

 

“So, what was earlier about?”

 

“Hm? About what?” you stare at him questioningly, feigning ignorance.

 

“Oh, I don’t know. Something about a certain someone marching through the house to her room like a madwoman, scowl and everything. Super terrifying. And quite ugly, too.”

 

You scowled, facing away from him, and quickly falsified a curious look on your face.

 

“Oh? I wonder who.”

 

“Hm. Maybe I should give you a hint. The certain someone goes by the name of _______,” he states, eyes narrowing at you.

 

You drop your head and sigh, “I was just tired, okay? A little stressed lately.”

 

“Ah..” he nods in understanding. “Is it about that Kyungsoo kid?”

 

Surprised, you choke on your sandwich. Coughing loudly, you pat your chest, hoping to get the food down the right pipe.

 

“W-what did you say?” you stuttered.

 

“So, it is about him. You like him, huh?”

 

Your eyes grow to the size of saucers, as you whip your head to stare at Chanyeol.


“WHAT?!”

 

 

A/N: And heres the next chapter, sorry guys for taking soooooooooooooo long but i've been really busy with schoolwork, but i'm finally done with midterms! YAY! now just have to survive finals then winter break and hopefully i'll finish this by then. Thanks for reading! Comment to let me know what you think of this story. I don't bite, I promise ;D