Chapter 1

The Library Regular

Boom. Boom. Boom.

 

The loud thumping wakes you up. The ground was shaking causing your bed to shake violently.

 

“What the hell...? Oh, . Earthquake?!” You immediately jump out of bed, frantically trying to

find a shirt. You messily throw on the blue T-shirt over your tank top. And then you hear it...

 

“DREAM GULL~”

 

Obnoxious singing, coming from the room next door. You groan loudly, “Not this again!” You check the time; the blinking lights stated that it was 8:30 a.m. You scowled.

 

“What the actual fck is this?!” you fall back into your bed and scream into the pillow.

 

The thumping continued and the loud squealing could still be heard.

 

Then, the sound stops. “Finally,” you gasped. Suddenly, the door to your room opens. In steps one of your housemates, Key.

 

“Girl! You’re awake?! Good! I got something to show you!” he squeals and walks back into the hallway.

 

“As if anyone could continue to sleep with your singing... sounded like a dying dolphin...” you mentally snickered.

 

“Come here!” you hear Key call you from outside the room.

 

You groan, but eventually crawl out of bed. You groggily step into the hallway.

 

“What did you want me to see?” you ask as soon as you walk into the living room.

 

Key stares at you expectedly. You blink, still unaware of what you were supposed to be looking at.

 

“Well? Don’t you notice anything different about me?” he asks.

 

“Uh... not really?” you reply, looking at him up and down, not really giving any real effort to find out. He looked the same, dressed like he normally would, tight skinnies and equally tight shirt; his hair was gelled up perfectly. Nothing different. He’ll probably tell you soon anyway.

 

He sighs dramatically. You curiously look at him, waiting for his response.

 

“You seriously can’t see? I put on makeup for the first time!” he exclaims, “Helen let me borrow hers.”

 

Your eyes go wide. “Ah...I see,” you reply, “is anyone else home?”

 

“Nope, just you and me. Oh by the way, some of my friends are coming over,” he says

casually, “we’re supposed to be making up our new choreography for our next performance.”

 

“This early?” you ask.

 

“Yup!” he says, nonchalantly, as he sits at the table, picking up his water bottle

 

“‘Kay... I guess I’ll just go to the library then.”

 

He slams his bottle down and scowls at you. “What!? Why? You can stay and watch us!”

 

Your eyes widen, unexpected of that reaction.

 

“What?” you ask as you look at him. He has his arms crossed over his chest, staring at you.

 

“Uh.. I gotta go study for my bio midterm anyway.” You quietly move back into your room, grabbing your towel and necessities to wash up. Finally getting dressed, you walk across campus, to the library.

                  

 

 

 

It was still early in the morning, so there weren’t a lot of people in the library. You go up to the third floor, liking the solitary environment that the empty floor offered. You sat down at the table at the back, next to the large window. The sunlight gleamed through. You opened your biology book and took out your notebook. You started to take notes as you read.

 

You look up as you hear a squeak, as the chair scraped against the floor, coming from the table in front of you. “He’s here again,” you thought. Sitting directly in front of you was the library regular, as you liked to call him. He has been sitting in the same seat every day since you had started to go to the library a few weeks ago.

 

He was average height, probably a little taller than you. He had short dark hair, with a side fringe. It looked black, but when the sunlight shined over it, it gleamed a chocolate brown color. The most memorable feature was his large doe eyes. The ones that were staring back at you at this very moment. You squeaked, quickly looking away. Situating your eyes on the wall next to him, then going back to your book, you pretended that you weren't intentionally staring at him. After a moment, you lifted your head, peeking a glance at him. “Gosh.. he's so cute..”