President's Request

Fires on the Dance Floor

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

Driving back to the dorm made me think about JinMi. She really is a talented girl. I enjoyed dancing with her but I couldn’t help but think and hope that her moves weren’t the same as mine. The other members were already comparing us, I am confident of my moves but it’s just different when you’re compared to a newbie and a female newbie at that.

            “I’m back.” I took off my shoes and was just about to enter the living room when…

            “SAVE ME!!!” Donghae screamed and grabbed on to me. I almost fell but good thing I found my footing and was able to straighten up.

            “what is wrong with you, you fish! Get off me!” I said trying to pry his hands away from me. Aish! He was still yelling.

            “Donghae! Come back here! Who told you to dye my pink shirts blue!?” an irritated Sungmin ranted walking out from his room.

            “oh ho! Now I get it!” I started laughing. Donghae had been constantly complaining about Sungmin’s wardrobe and room that comprises mostly of the color pink. Even with the couple of months in China didn’t seem to improve his irritation by the color.

Sungmin came closer while Donghae hung tighter leaving me choking.

            “let go, you idiot, I can’t breathe!” I continually pried his arms away with the ‘help’ of Sungmin.

            “your monkey can’t help you with this one, Donghae.” Sungmin dragged Donghae by the collar as I massaged my neck and walked into the living room.

The front door opened again and Hankyung hyung entered carrying a small pot. The bell inside my head sounded at the sight!

            “FOOD!” I shouted running towards hyung.

I took the pot from him and he slapped my hands…poor me, I was only hungry.

            “yah yah! Save some for the others.” Hankyung hyung said following me inside. He looks tired, I wonder what he’s been up to lately.

I ran to the kitchen and took some plates and bowls, Shindong hyung running out from his room; he smelled the food I guess, and sat at the dining table.

            “thanks for this, hyung, your fried rice is always the best.” I said scooping some onto my bowl while Shindong hyung served some kimchi.

            “no problem, I made extra anyway since the others upstairs would finish everything off before I could even set aside some for you guys.” Hankyung hyung sat with us and watched us eat. He really is a good guy, a great brother…

Hyung then looked around the dorm.

            “yah, where are the others?” he asked.

            “Yesung-ssi is still back at the company, I think, Kyuhyun with his wife, Starcraft and Sungmin is maiming Donghae at the moment, I dunno where’s Ryeowook at the moment.” I answered in between mouthfuls. How I missed hyung fried rice when he went to China!

            “Ryeowook is on a radio show with Kangin hyung.” Shindong replied with his mouth full, we couldn’t make out half the words he said actually but just thought it was what he said.

            “yah, Donghae is being maimed by Sungmin and you’re not going to help him?” hyung asked a bit amused. I was going to help him in a minute, I just need to replenish my energy, and all that dancing made me tired.

            “I will, but I need to eat first.”

            “yah, I heard from Leeteuk hyung that there’s a new female dancer at the company who has the same style as you, is it true?” Hangkyung hyung inquired taking a sip from his water.

            “yup! I met her today, actually.” I said a little too calmly. I think I should really not be bothered by something like this, it would be too petty of me.

            “you did? so? how was it?” this time it was Shindong hyung who asked.

            “well, we danced together at the studio and indeed she is a great dancer.”

            “you don’t feel bad about it, do you?” Hankyung hyung can always see right through people now…Heechul hyung’s been rubbing off on him.

            “of course not.” I said a little too defensively. I saw Shindong and Hankyung hyung exchange glances and just kept silent. Am I just being insecure now?

I’ve met a lot of brilliant dancers in the business but I’ve always been confident in my own talent and style. So what makes her so different?

 

JinMi’s POV

 

As soon as I stepped out of SMent I really want to do cartwheels! Who could believe that I actually met my idol and danced with on the same day!? I’m all for spazzing and fangirling now! assa!

            “someone’s in a good mood tonight.” Jae Sung greeted me a bowl of something in her hand.

I took off my coat and bag and slung it in the nearby rack, I noticed the other trainees weren’t in yet.

            “if you only knew what happened, you wouldn’t blame me for being happy.” I grinned as I raided the fridge for some food. I got some left over rice from the cooker and some kimchi, that’s what you get from coming home late.

            “tell us what happened then.” YoungSu said coming out of the room and sitting on the couch’s armrest raising her legs up.

            “you’d never guess who I met and danced with at the studio.” I said grinning holding onto my food. The two girls raised an eyebrow. Then Jae Sung’s eyes widened.

            “you didn’t meet Yunho oppa, did you?” typical, her bias would always come up.

            “please, if I actually met him I wouldn’t be this happy.” I waved a hand at her in dismissal of her idea.

            “well, don’t tell me it’s Eunhyuk oppa?” Young Su said in mock sarcasm. When I didn’t answer and just widened my smile both their jaws dropped and Young Su almost fell from where she sat.

            “you can’t be serious?” they both screamed at the same time.

            “oh I am serious. I fell asleep while resting and he came in and saw me. We talked for a bit and when he found out dance was my forte asked me to show my moves to him. That’s how we got to dance together.” I was still giddy I gotta admit that.

            “omo! How was it?! You are so lucky!” Young Su almost literally bounced from where she stood; she was also holding my arm and her bouncing and shaking almost made me drop my dinner.

            “careful will you or my dinner will go bye bye.” I said hurriedly eating before some accident would happen.

            “eat later talk now!” Jae Sung also joined in the jumping.

            “fine. It was great, but I had to control my fangirl spazzes till I left. He’s a really nice and funny guy. There, you both happy?” I just summarized everything since I was really hungry. In fact, how it was, was way more than I told them. I was in fan heaven the entire time we danced.

            “oh c’mon! tell us more!” they started to shake me again. Aish!

 

RING!

 

The dorm phone suddenly sounded and I thought whoever that was I owe them my dinner.

Young Su ran to the phone.

            “yeoboseyo?”

I continued to wolf down my dinner before I got disturbed again, I was barely listening to the phone conversation when…

            “AHHHHHH!!!!” I almost spit the water that I was drinking when I hear Young Su scream.

            “what in the world is wrong with you?” I yelled at her, she couldn’t stop spazzing. Was tonight spazz night or something?

            “you wouldn’t believe what Mi Sae just called to tell us.” She said trying to breathe calmly, but by the looks of it, it was far from happening.

            “well? what is it?” Jae Sung crossed her arms and tapped her foot.

            “we’re going to have our first appearance on Star King next week! Mi Sae said that they will preview SM’s new girl group there.”

I felt my jaw drop.

            “what do you mean first appearance? What will we perform?” I was in panic mode now. I’m sure it wouldn’t be a new song since our debut is still in four months.

            “I don’t know but she said we’re gonna have to dance, and then we’ll have to show our individual talents.” Young Su replied, she still wasn’t panicking! “she said we’ll start practicing our performance tomorrow.”

All three of us stared at each other for a few seconds…then the screaming started. Jumping, screaming, running, spazzing, think of all the excited actions you can think of, we did all of those. I mean how cool can this get?! First they told us we’d be debuting soon, now we’re guesting on Star King.

 

3 Days later

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

SJ Dorm

 

            “Eunhyuk-ah, wake up”

I was still in deep slumber when I felt someone tapping my leg. This is ridiculous! I don’t have any schedules till this afternoon can’t I sleep in?

I opened my eyes and saw manager hyung in my room. I hesitantly sat up.

            “hyung? what are you doing here? I don’t have any schedules for today.”

            “now you do.” Say what!? “you need to go to SMent this morning.” He said looking through his familiar schedule book.

The only think I wanted to do now was lying back down and go back to sweet dreamland. We spent the whole night last night practicing our new choreography for our comeback and I didn’t get to sleep till 3am. Now it’s what? 7 am!? Oh no!

            “hyung, can’t another member do it?” I groaned as I covered my head with a pillow.

            “no, most of them have packed schedules, the only ones available this morning are Ryeowook and Kangin but they wont do, it had to be you.”

I didn’t answer, I was face down on my bed now and I almost did a kicking action but I know it would be too embarrassing and childish of me.

            “hyuuuung! I haven’t had any sleep all night, you know that.” I complained, I suddenly felt my blanket got swished away. I seriously wanna knock myself out right now.

            “I know but the president personally requested you to do it…” hyung said a bit of nervousness and surprise in his voice, I too was surprised and I immediately sat up.

            “the president? But what did he want me to do today?” I was confused now more than being surprised.

            “well, he said you need to practice with someone for her performance on Star King in a few days.” Eh?!

            “who would that be?”

            “he just said she’s from a debuting group.” I wonder who could that be?

            “so what are you waiting for? Get up and get changed. You’re expected at the company at 8am sharp.” Greaaaat just great!

 

SMent

 

I honestly was still a bit groggy and I really didn’t want to do any schedules yet but what can I do work must come first. At least manager hyung got me some coffee. When he handed me a double espresso latte I already knew I’m in for a long day.

I walked through the familiar hallway towards the dance studios. Hyung told me to go to the last studio but I heard some girls laughing. Am I supposed to practice with girls? I snuck a peek before going in, there were actually 4 girls and about 2 company choreographers. I don’t recognize the 3 and I cant clearly see the face of the last one wince she was wearing a hoodie.

Here goes nothing. I knocked and opened the door.

            “oh! Eunhyuk-ssi, you’re here, perfect!” Jae hyung gave me a welcoming grin.

I walked towards him and gave him a handshake. I can feel the girls’ eyes on me. Hehehe

            “I was told I’d be dancing with someone for Star King?” I asked smiling in politeness.

            “oh, ne…the president thought it would be nice for her to be paired with a regular since it’s gonna be their first time. Here she is, the debuting group’s leader and lead dancer…” he began to say but I was shocked when the hooded girl took off her hood that I accidentally cut him off.

            “JinMi-ssi?” I said looking at her with wide eyes. She was looking at me with shock as well. “you’re the one I’m going to dance with?”

            “you two know each other?” Jae hyung asked perplexed.

            “not really, we met once a few days ago.” JinMi responded shyly, I can also see she’s blushing. I can’t help but get nervous too, I can feel my heart pounding.

Jin Mi kept her hands together and her eyes would never leave the floor.

            “that’s great then! At least it wouldn’t be as awkward.” Hyung then introduced each of the other members and I can’t help but notice that the other three kept looking at JinMi. Am I missing something here?

“Ok, you two, your dance wouldn’t be a long one, so do you want to choreograph it yourselves or do you want me to help you?” hyung continued politely. I should be a nice guy since they’re already family and about to debut right? what am I saying? I’m already a nice guy!

            “that’s ok, hyung, I think we should get to know each other better since they’re already going to be a part of the family so might as well do some bonding.” I suddenly laughed and blushed. Argh! What am I doing? I’m not some kid who just got into highschool.

            “very well then, you three come with me, you still need to learn your parts.” Hyung told the other girls before they left.

Silence filled the dance hall and I looked at JinMi and about the same time she looked at me. Has she always been this pretty?

            “so, were dancing again.” She said breaking the ice, her voice shook a bit. She shouldn’t be nervous since we already did this once. Hehehe but I am also nervous, go figure.

            “yeah, but now our performance will be for a show. Are you nervous?” I asked as I took off my cap.

            “a bit, were you nervous after they told you that you were debuting soon?” she asked retying her hair.

            “of course, there were nights when most of us couldn’t sleep at all, but it all went well. so you shouldn’t be nervous too.” I gave her a warm smile. She just gave me a nervous smile and nodded.

            “I hope we’d do good.” I looked at her.

            “you will, so don’t worry ok? If you’re nervous, you can talk to me. I’ll make you forget your worries.” I blurted out without thinking. Wait what did I say?

I saw her look up at me brows furrowed in confusion.

That didn’t came outright, did it?

----------------------

sorry for the late update..i think this chap is a bit dragging..so sorry to all my Jewel readers, i'm having a bad case of writer's block at the moment..:(

PS. this is unedited so i apologize for any bad grammars and misspelled words..leave a comment please!