So We Meet

Fires on the Dance Floor

New Year 2009

 

JinMi’s POV

 

 It has been four months already since we’ve become official SM trainees. The experience alone is so surreal! Even though I’m at SME almost every day, I still haven’t met Eunhyuk. I’ve see some of the other members who drops by the company like Heechul, Yesung, or Sungmin. I wonder when we’ll finally meet? Hopefully soon since they will be releasing a new album soon and they will be practicing a lot.

To debut as entertainers we needed more talent and so some of us were signed up for voice lessons. Jae Sung and I were nervous since our forte was dancing, but to our surprise we’re doing well. Yes, we used to sing for our church choir when we were kids but it’s been quite a long time since we sang, excluding singing in the showers.

We were resting at the dance room after practice when our trainer popped her head in.

            “JinMi, YoungSu and Jae Sung, can you step out for a while please?” she said and we all looked at each other. Did we do something wrong?

We stood up and walked outside.

            “I won’t beat around the bush. Go the Mr. Lee Soo Man’s office, he wants a word with you three?” she seriously said making us all confirm our thoughts that we really did something wrong.

Our throats were dry and all we could do was nod to her and went to the president’s office. When we got there, the secretary let us in.

We greeted the president with a bow and he gestured for us to sit. All three of us were shaking.

            “you may not know why you’re here today, but the other heads and I met with your trainers.” He began looking intently at us one by one.

            “we have seen you practice tapes and I must admit that we were pretty impressed, especially by JinMi-ssi. Your dancing is pretty outstanding.” He praised. All three of us looked up in surprise.

            “mwola guyo?” I suddenly said. He smiled a fatherly smile.

            “I said we were all impressed by you 3, especially by you, Jin Mi. You will debut as a quartet called Elements. You will begin preparations as soon as possible, I have already instructed your trainers.”

            “Sajangnim, are we really going to debut soon?” YoungSu asked her voice shook a bit.

            “yes, we’ve seen how you three worked hard to be successful so you surely deserve to debut.” He said.

            “sajangnim, can I ask you something? Why are we called Elements?” I asked curiously.

            “I thought you’d never ask. Well, we chose it to fit your personalities, or the persona your styles remind us of. And with that we also came up with your stage names.” We excitedly listened to his words.

            “we already have stage names? Cool!” Jae Sung suddenly blurted out, she put her hand to and apologized.

            “JinMi you will be Flame and we’ve also decided to make you the leader.” Me the leader?! Wow! If only I can jump for joy. Wait till I get out of this office, I will definitely do cartwheels!

            “You’re Flame since you seem to create fire when you’re dancing.” Mr. Lee added.

            “in short you’re hot, Jin Mi.” Jae Sung butted in. we all laughed.

            “JaeSung, you’re Aqua. Your movements are very fluid like the water and you’re also very unpredictable.” The president said making us laugh once again. We’re seriously loving our names! How cool can this be?

            “YoungSu, you’re presence is very calming especially when you play the piano, you will be Zephyr, synonymous to breeze. We thought of giving you the name breeze but it sounded like a man’s name so Zephyr it is.”

We all thanked him for our names, my thoughts wandered on when we’ll debut and how we’d do our greetings and such. I am so excited!

Wait! But didn’t he say we’re debuting as a quartet? Who’s the fourth?

            “sajangnim, I remembered you said quartet, who’s our fourth member?”

            “yes, here she is.” He said gesturing towards the door. We turned to look and saw a petite girl enter; she smiled nervously at us. She greeted us one by one. Her features are so strong that she looked tough, but her nervous smile gave her away.

            “girls, the fourth member of Elements, Baek Mi Sae, aka Frost.” We looked at the president as he said the name.

            “you may not have seen her before since her forte is music, and she will be the lead vocals of the group but she can dance as well. She may seem cold but she’s just very shy. I hope you help each other out during your preparations, ok?”

We all nodded and after a few more instructions from the president we left and went back to the dance hall which was now empty. All four of us bonded, we got to know Mi Sae and found her very sweet. She really is shy and her dance is just average so we decided to help her and she in turn will help us with our singing.

I got why she’s called Frost, if she just sits in one corner she seem so cold and unapproachable but when you talk to her she really isn’t, in fact she’s very nice and her voice is a gift from heaven. It was that beautiful.

            “JinMi unnie, can I leave first? I’m meeting my mom in a bit.” Mi Sae asked. Did I mention she’s the maknae? Young Su is the eldest born in 88 while Jae Sung and I 89 while Mi Sun in 91.

            “sure! Take care, ok?” she nodded and skipped out. She’s still a kid.

            “aren’t you leaving yet?” YoungSu asked swinging her bag onto her shoulders, Jae Sung beside her also doing the same.

            “nah. I’m staying for a bit and dance.”

            “you’re really living up to the title as leader aren’t you? Haha” JaeSung teased. I slapped her arm and they left.

I’m so happy that I could just dance all night.

 

SJ Dorm

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

Practices for the new album is very tiring but fun, our new choreographers are really good and it’s so much of a release to dance with them during our break. Even with the language barrier Trent and Nick had fun teaching us the choreography.

SJM members are back from their promotions in China and the dorms are now full again. I wanted to relax.

            “Shindong-ah, stop eating! Leave some for the others.” I heard Leeteuk hyung shout at the kitchen.

            “Donghae-ah, I’m bored.” I tapped my besfriend’s head who was sitting on the floor.

            “then find something to do.” He simply replied. I looked at what he’s doing and saw that he was playing with Kyuhyun’s psp.

            “yah, if Kyuhyun will find out that you messed up his scores you will have evil pranks following you for a month.” I warned laughing. He must’ve realized it ad quickly turned the psp off.

            “I’ll just go bug Sungmin hyung then.” He stood up and walked towards Sungmin’s room.

Aish! Now I’ve got nothing to do! As if I’m good at starcraft that I can challenge Kyu. I think I’ll just go to the company and dance. At least no one will bug me there.

            “Eunhyuk-ah, where are you going?” Yesung hyung asked followed me out.

            “to the company, waeyo?”

            “oh good! Can I tag along? I have a recording there in a bit.”

            “sure.”

As soon as we arrived at SME, hyung went straight to the studio and I went to the basement to the dance hall. I found one with the lights on but there’s no one in it, so I decided to use this one.

I played Ne-Yo’s Because of You and danced for a while.

BLAG!

I jumped in surprise and looked behind me. I want alone after all, there was a girl behind a table. She was massaging her head. I guess she fell asleep there.

            “Agassi, are you ok?" I said kneeling beside her.

            “I’m fine. My head hurts a bit but it’s ok.” She said and looked up. Her eyes became as huge as Donghae’s soccer balls. I smiled and she immediately stood up and bowed.

            “a…annyeonghaseyo Eunhyuk sunbaenim.” She said blushing. She looks familiar for some reason.

            “are you one of the new trainees?” I asked.

            “ne, I’m sorry I fell asleep. You’re practicing?” she noticed the get up and music. “I’m sorry if I disturbed you. I’ll leave now.”

            “yes, I was and it’s ok. You don’t have to leave on my account. What’s your forte?” I couldn’t help but ask. Maybe she’s one of those beginners in dancing that’s why she’s here so late.

            “my forte is dancing, Eunhyuk-ssi.” She kept her head down and avoided looking at me. She is one shy trainee. Hehe

            “really? How about joining me? You can show me you moves.” She looked up in surprise, she had her hair down and it partially covered her face.

            “eh? Oh…ne…” she was nervous. She tied her long hair back and I saw her face clearly. I know I’ve seen her face somewhere.

As I looked for a song I tried to lighten up the atmosphere and thought of something to say but I realized I still don’t know her name.

            “what’s you name, Agassi?”

            “Park JinMi-imnida.” She replied as she bowed.

            “Lee Hyuk Jae better known as Eunhyuk.” I replied it’s just polite to introduce yourself even if they already know your name. “so Jin Mi-ssi, who’s your favorite idol dancer?” I was curious.

            “actually, you.” She looked away from me and blushed. Really?

            “eh? Hehe thank you. Let’s dance?” she nodded as I played y Back.

We started to dance and I can really see she can rock the dance floor. She danced as if she weren’t shy at all, she was at her comfort zone; her happy place. After a few moves we made choreography just for the fun of it she did the first part and I did the last part. As we danced together facing the mirror it seems as if only one was dancing our moves were precise and executed perfectly and at the last part we faced each other.

Now I know where I’ve seen her face before.

She was that girl in the video Leeteuk hyung showed me. The one with same dancing style as I have.

 

So we finally met.

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

As the two danced they didn’t realize they weren’t alone. A pair of curious eyes were watching them from the door.

 

Hmmm…interesting…

 

------------------

sorry for the late update...

should i make Hyukkie a bit of a jerk to JinMi? wacha say?

ps. this story wont reach 15 chaps. yes it really is short..