Help

Fires on the Dance Floor

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

“Alright! Everybody here?” Greg hyung called out from the front of the bus.

I don’t get why we had to join the MT with out comeback just around the corner but on second thought it’s a good break for us.

Everybody made a sound of ascent and the bus started to leave the company. I was just starting to doze off when Junsu popped from right in front of me.

            “yah, JinMi’s at the back.” He said grinning. Only Yunho, Changmin and Junsu came for DBSK and Hankyung hyung, Shindong hyung, Donghae, Henry and I came for SJ. Taemin and Key were here too hanging around the soshi girls, Yuri and HyeoYeon and the future f(x) members, Victoria and Amber.

            “so?”

            “so you seriously don’t mind her being here?” he asked sounding a bit skeptical.

            “why would I?” I tried to sound innocent but the drag in my voice made Junsu’s brows to rise.

            “why wouldn’t you?” Donghae asked this time sitting beside me. he yawned and stretched before looking at me with sleepy eyes.

            “ok, listen carefully, you two.” I said pointing a threatening finger at them. “I know what you’re both trying to do and I am telling you it will not work. I only like JinMi as a friend, that’s all.”

Donghae and Junsu looked at each other, both trying to hold onto their grins.

            “if you say so.” Junsu shrugged and sat back down.

Donghae spluttered his laughter out when he stood up to sit with Henry, the latter looked at Donghae as if he was going crazy.

I saw JinMi at the back of the bus talking animatedly with her cousin and Victoria. As soon as I saw her smiling and laughing my heart started beating so fast that I had to look away. It felt as if I ran a marathon or something, I mean I shouldn’t even be feeling this way. Maybe the guys’ incessant teasing is just carrying me away. Yeah that must be it.

I pull my hood up and took a nap. It’ll still be a long way before we arrive anyway.

It was almost dark when we got to the location of the MT. Everybody stretched and slowly filed out of the bus. The place was in the mountains and the fresh air was what all of us needed and be away from the polluted city streets.

            “boys, this way!” Greg hyung shouted and motioned the guys to his right. The head female choreographer of the company led the girls to the left cabin.

I saw JinMi walking with Victoria and both were chatting happily. Kinda makes me wonder what they’re talking about.

            “ahem! Do you wanna stay out here, Eunhyuk-ssi?” Donghae and Junsu’s trolling voice echoed from the cabin. I snapped out of my thoughts and stomped towards them.

 

JinMi’s POV

 

            “I’ll take the upper bunk!” JaeSung shouted and flung her bag up the deck. I laughed at her childishness.

            “no one’s taking it away from you, cuz.” I said and sat on my bunk below hers. She ignored me.

            “do you know what we’re going to do on this MT?” Victoria came over to my bed and asked, her accent slightly less obvious now.

I gazed out of the window and looked at the orange sky.

            “no idea, probably dance-related things?” I guessed.

            “ it’s not ALL dance-related things.” Hyeoyeon said from the front bunk.

            “really?” JaeSung asked jumping down from her deck.

Hyeoyeon shrugged and smiled.

            “we do other stuff too, practice teamwork and all that. Last time we came we had a session and everybody were holding candles and spilled their troubles.” She added.

            “sounds like a lot of tear-jerking moments.” Amber said joining in the conversation.

            “yeah, but we had Teukie hyung last time so the crying part didn’t last long. If we’re going to do it again this time, I don’t know who’s going to break the drama bit.” Yuri answered coming out of the bathroom.

            “I really hate going into drama stuff.” I grimaced. That’s the last thing I needed bawling my eyes out in front of Eunhyuk oppa.

            “then keep your fingers crossed about doing a different activity than that.” Yuri said laughing.

            “who cried the hardest last year?” Amber asked curiously leaning on the bed post.

            “hmmm…” Hyeoyeon pondered. “do you remember Yuri?” she looked at Yuri standing beside her.

            “I think it was Donghae oppa, he talked about his father then.” She replied looking a bit sad.

Before anyone could say anything else there was a knock on the door and Kia unnie poked her head in.

            “time to make dinner, girls.” She smiled and closed the door.

            “let’s go!” Hyeoyeon said and hurriedly stood up.

            “why in a hurry to go?”  Amber asked obviously not liking the idea about being the ones to cook.

            “trust me, you don’t want them to ask the boys for help.” Yuri said with a somber look on her face.

            “did anything happen last time?” I asked as we got out of the cabin.

            “yeah, they asked the boys coz we didn’t want to do it last time and we ended up having overcooked rice for dinner and I mean ONLY over cooked rice.” Hyeoyeon said with a pained look on her face.

            “why?” Victoria asked horrified.

            “it was all unnie and Hankyung oppa could save. Junsu, Eunhyuk and Changmin oppa had too much fun goofing around with the ingredients than to pay attention to their cooking.” Hyeyeon answered.

            ‘in that case, we better get our butts to the kitchen..” I said and started walk faster. The other girls laughed and hurried as well.

            “we got lucky that Victoria unnie is with us this time, she’s a great cook!” Amber praised. Victoria blushed in embarrassment.

We walked inside the kitchen to find Hankyung oppa and Kia unnie already busy with the preparations. Hangkyung oppa looked up and smiled kindly.

            “you guys are here. Finally some decent help.” He laughed and carried a pot to the stove.

“what can we do here, oppa?” Yuri asked looking around for something to do.

“you can help noona cute the vegetables and someone needs to clean the other vegetables and fish.” He said motioning to the far end of the table with a tray of fish on ice and some muddy potatoes, radish and a couple of onions.

Hyeoyeon and Yuri hurriedly took the vegetables out to the sink, Amber and Jae Sung took knives out and started chopping the already cleaned vegetables, while Victoria helped Hankyung oppa with the rice, both jabbering away in rabid mandarin.

I guess I’m stuck with the fish.

I just shrugged and took the tray of fish out to the outdoor sink. There were a couple of red snapper with the trout so I think unnie brought this from the city. At least there’s going to be some type of meat and we don’t have to stuff ourselves with vegetables.

I rolled up my sleeves and washed the fish before starting to scale them.

            “need help?”

I looked up at the voice it was Eunhyuk oppa. That was a surprise I thought he still wasn’t talking to me.

He looked sheepish as if not sure if what he did was right but I tried to calm myself down and tried to talk normally.

            “sure.” you smiled at him.

            “what can I do?” he asked lifting the other knife.

            “you can just finish scaling them and make a vertical cut here.” I said pointing at the fish’s belly. “I can finish cleaning them out.”

            “ok.” He nodded and rolled up the sleeves of his sweater to start working.

Both of us were silent for a couple of minutes, I occasionally glance at his work; he was kind of slow with the scaling so by the time I finished cleaning out my last fish he was still scaling his 4th with 2 more to go. I wasn’t even sure what’s taking him so long since the fish weren’t even that big.

            “sorry if I’m slowing down the work instead of actually helping.” He said when he noticed me watching and obviously waiting for him to finish.

            “a..aniyo, oppa. Gwenchanayo.” I flustered out. He laughed slightly.

            “it’s alright, I know you made me scale coz I might find it had cleaning the fish out right?” he grinned at me. I bit my lip guiltily.

            “sorry?” I said. He laughed.

            “no problem, I admit I’m bad at this too, I just had to get out of the cabin and away from the others.”

            “why?” I asked curiously.

            “just…” he shrugged. I couldn’t help notice the slight pink tinge appearing on his cheeks. Then you remembered something.

            “oppa, can I ask you something?” he looked up and stared curiously at me.

            “were you…? I mean why are you suddenly talking to me?” you asked and looked away embarrassed.

            “what do you mean?” he asked, there was a hint of guilty tone in his voice that you couldn’t fail to notice.

            “I mean…you wouldn’t even look at me ever since that time on Star King.” I felt my cheeks growing hotter by the second. I felt stupid asking this question to sunbae who might just have been too busy to socialize. And I don’t know why I need to ask it of him it’s not like we’re close or anything.

            “oh, sorry about that.” He said and he did sound sorry. I think it would be really thick skinned of me to ask why so I just stayed silent.

He handed me the remaining scaled fishes and I went to work.

            “thanks for helping, oppa. I can take it from here.” I smiled at him.

I thought he’d leave but he just stood there after washing his hands. I looked up.

            “I have something to tell you, JinMi-ssi.” He said and you felt goosebumps run across your arms and neck and it wasn’t from the evening chill. I realized then that it was the first time since we talked that he said my name.

            “what is it?” I said nervously.

He opened he mouth, blushing, but before he could say anything…

 

---------

finally got to update again! weee! i finally got my momentum back on this story..hopefully i can update again by next week..thanks!:)

ps.unedited..