Trainees

Fires on the Dance Floor

September 2008

 

Jin Mi’s POV

 

“Jin Mi-ah! Stop watching that video already. You’ve been watching it for at least a thousand times already.”

To start of, that’s my cousin Lee Jae Sung, loud as she is we both have the same passion and that is dance. I just can’t help watching Eunhyuk dance, I mean he’s sooo cool, the best dancer that ever existed! I know he’s from Super Junior and they’re all great but my only wish is to meet Eunhyuk and to dance on the same stage with him.

            “Jin Mi-ah, come on down here dinner is ready!” Jae Sung shouted…again. I paused the video and cleaned up a bit before going downstairs. We live in the same house with our moms, both our fathers are already dead; they died together in a car accident.

            “you really need to stop shouting, good thing you are not a singer.” I said sitting down on the chair.

Jae Sung placed our dinner on the table and called our moms.

            “yah, don’t you get tired watching your Eunhyuk dance? She complained. She’s one to talk, she watches DBSK’s Yunho all the time!

            “I should ask you the same question. You watch Yunho’s dance video more often than I watch Eunhyuk’s.” I retorted laughing.

She stared mouth wide open but unable to speak.

            “yah! It’s different!”

            “no its not!”

            “what are you two arguing about?” my mom asked coming in to the room.

            “nothing mom.”I replied while sticking my tongue out at Jae Sung. We both just laughed. Yeah, she just adores Yunho as much as I adore Eunhyuk.

After dinner we went up to our room to talk about our new dance choreography for the upcoming dance contest. We join dance contests and if we win we use the money for our daily needs. Life is hard you know, after we graduated highschool we started to work already trying to save up for college, which now seemed to be impossible.

            “hmmm…I think after the wave you do your solo and then after I do the double backflip?” Jae Sung suggested. Its not a bad idea (she specializes in acrobatic stunts).

            “sounds good.” I laid flat on my bed staring blankly at the ceiling. “how great it would be if we could finally dance on stage with our favorite dancers right?”

I felt Jae Sung flop on her bed beside mine.

            “yeah…Yunho oppa and I would look good together…hehe” Jae Sung giggled. I just rolled my eyes. She likes Yunho both for his dancing skills and good looks. Me? Well, Eunhyuk oppa is good looking too but he’s my idol more on his dancing skills.

            “as for me I just want to dance with Eunhyuk oppa. He is just great! Not to mention his stage presence I just get so mesmerized.” I sighed.

            “let’s stop day dreaming and just go to sleep. We need to practice our routine tomorrow.” Oh yeah I forgot! The contest is in two days!

            “ara ara…” I turned off the lights and went to bed. I can’t help but think if our dreams will ever come true.

 

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

SJ Dorm

 

            “Eunhyuk-ah, what are you doing?” Yesung hyung entered my room with a half eaten sandwich in hand. We just got home from our promotions for Super Junior Happy.

            “nothing much. I just got off the phone with Hankyung hyung. They’re still very busy in China.” The rest of the members are promoting Super Junior M in China and they are such a big hit even with the controversy. I really don’t get why people hate Zhou Mi and Henry’ they are such great guys.

            “oh? When are they coming back?” hyung asked, still eating his sandwich, which reminded me that I haven’t eaten yet…my tummy!

            “next month I think, I’m not sure, they have a lot of guestings and endorsements to do so I doubt they’ll be back soon.” I keep looking at the sandwich, I really am hungry, if only I can take a bite, just a tiiiiny bite.

            “how’s Henry and Zhou Mi holding up?” Yesung hyung asked in a worried voice. His sandwich now almost finished.

            “you know those two, they're holding up well. They have fans now you know. People will get used to their presence and will get used to them. With their personalities it will be hard for the fans to resist them.” I started to get up. I can’t take it any longer, I will have to cook something in the kitchen, maybe there’s still some ramen left.

            “haha you’re right! oh! I made some sandwiches, they’re at the kitchen table.” Hyung suddenly said. I spun to face him.

            “hyung! Why didn’t you tell me when you got in? I’m so hungry already.”

            “did you ask?” aish this hyung!

            “you better hurry. I just heard someone come in and I think that’s Shindong.”

I bolted without another thought. Shindong hyung already ate 2 and there are only 3 left, when he grabbed 1 I grabbed the other 2.

            “yah! Why did you get two?” Shindong hyung complained.

            “that’s coz you already ate 2, and I haven’t eaten all day.” I started and started eating sitting down beside hyung.

            “have you heard the news?” hyung asked, some mayo off his fingers.

            “the president found some new trainees and I heard they’re great dancers.”

            “really? How sure are you?” I am somehow drawn to the news, it’s nice to hear and witness new trainees. It reminds us of how we used to be.

            “I heard a lot of staff talking about it. They haven’t contacted them yet, they were just talking about the audition tape.”

            “hmmm… it would be good if we could meet them. Anyway let’s start unpacking, while our schedules are not yet filled or we wont have time to clean up.” I suggested. I’m sure in two days time our schedules would become so packed we wont be able to have time to eat.

 

1 week later

 

Jin Mi’s POV

 

Another week to spend *sigh*.

I have two jobs to support my family and so does Jae Sung, I work at a coffee shop by day and at a restaurant by night, while Jae Sung works at an ice cream shop by day and by night at the same restaurant I worked at.

It was nearly closing time and business is very busy a lot of couples making lovey dovey gestures. Yeesh! I seriously want to tell them to get a room and its not even valentines yet. People these days, looking at couples makes me think when I will finally get a boyfriend, not that I never had one before.

“Jin MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!”

I wheeled around at the scream and saw a frantic Jae Sung running towards me. What is this girl doing here when she has work?!

“yah! What are you doing here? Don’t you have work?”

she grabbed onto my shoulders panting and unable to talk, I wonder what happened to her! Maybe something happened to mom?!

“yah! Did something happen to mom?” I frantically asked.

She just shook her head trying to speak. Seriously! I’m going to strangle her if she doesn’t speak soon.

“a-ani! Ani! W-we-we…” she panted

“we what?!” I almost screamed. People are now giving us strange looks. Jae Sung is now driving me nuts!

She took a deep breath and looked at me straight in the eyes.

“we got accepted at SM Entertainment as trainees!”

 

 

 

I felt my mouth drop.

 

____________________

i know its a bit boring but i'll try my best to make it better...:D