Star King

Fires on the Dance Floor

JinMi’s POV

 

I got a teeny, tiny bit surprised at what Eunhyuk-ssi just said and I think he also realized it was weird coz he started blushing and waving his hands as if to brush what he said off.

            “I know what you meant, Eunhyuk-ssi, no need to panic.” I smiled at him. He seemed to be glad about it but he was still blushing.

            “ok…uhmmm…lets choose our song first?” he suggested awkwardly and walked towards the cd rack.

It was really nice hearing him say “our”,ahh! Spazzing fangirl over here! These butterflies better be gone soon or else I’ll be doomed.

I took a glance at the mirror and to my horror I was beet red! I was blushing like mad! Ok, JinMi what you need to do is to breathe in and then out.

I started the calming myself by repeatedly humming in my head.

            “how about Low by Flo Rida?” Eunhyuk said turning around to show a cd to me.

Great! Just when I just calmed down my heart raced again. This better not be regular thing.

            “sounds good.” I replied, somehow my voice seemed abnormally high.

            “you okay?” he asked slightly worried. I guess he noticed the slight change in my voice. I cleared my throat.

            “yup. My throat had just been acting up on me these past couple of days.” Good thing I came up with a quick excuse.

            “you better take care of your throat though. You’re going to be debuting as a singer soon.” He said giving me a small shy smile.

After our awkward conversation we started to choreograph our dance. Surprisingly enough, we got comfortable when we dance and I wondered if we’d ever be at ease around each other.

Our minute and a half dance was over in a couple of hours. We managed to master it perfectly and that is saying something.

            “you’ve worked hard, Eunhyuk-ssi, gamsahabnida.” I said bowing 90 degrees.

            “you too, JinMi-ssi.” He replied bowing as well. “by the way, you can be informal with me, you’re practically part of the family now anyway. Just call me Eunhyuk oppa.”

I stared at him. Is this my lucky day or what? My all time dance idol is asking me to call him oppa… it took me a lot of self-control to not faint right there.

            “oh…ne, Eunhyuk-ssi, oops, Eunhyuk oppa.” I felt myself blush again but thankfully I had our hours long practice as an excuse.

            “that wasn’t so hard, was it?” he smiled that gummy smile of his. It’s now that I had actually managed to appreciate it.

            “want to go out for coffee or something?” oppa suddenly blurted out. He scratched the back of his neck. “I mean, we did practice hard just now, I was thinking we deserve some refreshments.”

I blinked trying to process that for a moment. Did he just invite me out?

            “I guess it’s ok.” I found myself replying.

            “ok then, let’s go.”

We grabbed our bags and left the dance room. I got a text from the others saying that they were already back at the dorms. I replied that I’d be back in a couple of hours.

This coffee “date” wouldn’t last long, I think. But I hope it would.

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

I honestly didn’t know what came over me that I asked JinMi out for coffee. After I said it I blushed like mad. I hate being shy around girls not like Leeteuk hyung or Sungmin. I was dreading that our coffee…er…”date” would be awkward since we barely knew each other, but it was surprisingly ok.

I was still thinking about it as I drove myself home, JinMi wouldn’t let me drive her and insisted on taking the bus.

 I got to know more about her during our talk, I asked about her family and such. It was only during our conversation that I finally felt not shy. I smiled to my self as I parked my car. I wonder how our friendship would be.

 

Star King

 

Before we started to film Star King I met up with JinMi and the others at the waiting room and they all looked nervous. Leeteuk hyung and Siwon were there too, while the other members were already on the set.

            “you guys ready?” I asked after I introduced them to Leeteuk hyung and Siwon.

            “no, I feel like throwing up.” JinMi groaned while hugging her stomach. The three of us laughed a little.

We perfectly knew what she meant, we felt worse when we first debuted. It was absolutely crazy and some of us couldn’t help but run in and out of the bathroom.

            “you girls will do just fine, just do what you did during practice.” Siwon encouraged them.

            “thanks Siwon-ssi, I just can’t stop shaking. I really have no idea how you guys got through this.” YoungSu said shaking her hands while walking back and forth the room.

            “unnie, sit down will you? You’re giving me a headache.” JaeSung complained in a corner. She was sitting beside their maknae, Mi Sae, was it?

            “don’t worry, it’s worse when you finally debut.” sniggered Teukie hyung. aish! This guy is totally not helping.

Siwon and I pushed hyung out the door before he totally says something that will make them freeze on stage.

A few minutes later the recording started, there was a group of fire breathers. It was really great and I can’t get the image of Kang Ho Dong-ssi when the fire was blown close to where his stood.hahaha also when a group of sword eaters came on stage most of us either had our mouths wide open or were holding our throats. Boom hyung was almost tricked into trying it by Teukie hyung...hahaha

            “I think it’s time for us to relax from those performance right?” Ho Dong-ssi started. Its time for JinMi-ssi and her group.

            “ah! Ho Dong-ssi, I heard a new talented group is here, should we let them perform?” Boom hyung said his part.

            “we should, this is their first appearance and they are SM’s new group. Lets give them a round of applause, The Elements!” Ho Dong shouted to the cheers of the audience and the other celebrities.

Since they weren’t supposed to reveal their debut song before their actual debut they sang DBSK’s Hug. It was somehow rearranged but it kind of blended well together with the girls. Jin Mi was particularly firing up the dance floor and the celebrities seated behind me were marveling at her dancing prowess.

            “wah! They are really fantastic. UNBELIEVEABLE!” Kang Ho Dong ssi suddenly shouted which snapped me out of my thoughts… “why don’t you girls introduce yourselves?”

They started introducing themselves starting from JinMi to the maknae. Mi Sae was particularly garnering some attention from Boom and the others since she was the prettiest. The others were pretty too, of course, but unlike them I can’t help but fix my eyes on the leader.

            “Ho Dong-ssi, why don’t we have a couple dance? Eunhyukkie and JinMi-ssi?” Teukie hyung said his lines now. I was supposed to be talking as well but I found myself incoherent.

I stood up and stood beside JinMi.

            “you ready?” I casually asked.

            “like I have a choice right?” she said giving a nervous laugh.

The lights dimmed and our song started to play. We danced as if we owned the stage but careful not to outshine each other. And oddly enough, our moves seemed to mold together. We earned some shocked gasp when I did a dance break and JinMi back flipped. Our minute and a half dance ended with a bang. And applause from the audience sounded.

I tapped JinMi’s shoulder and motioned her to the side towards the others.

            “you can breathe now.” I whispered to her and she laughed.

            “Eunhyuk-ssi, there’s finally someone who can match with your dancing skills.” Boom hyung joked.

            “waeyo?” I said laughing along but that somehow hurt a little.

            “anniyo, Eunhyuk-ssi is really greater than me. I look up to him a lot.” JinMi protested Boom hyung’s statement.

Boom hyung still pressed on teasing, Leeteuk hyung and HoDong ssi riding along with his joke. I took it like any other joke they usually throw at me but somehow this time, it made me feel bad.

I looked at JinMi and she looked a bit uncomfortable as well. When out eyes met I cant help but notice something.

Is that..guilt I see?

----------------------

sorry guys i know this is really crappy my mind is just a complete blank right now. to not keep you all waiting i decided to put this story in a short hiatus. dont worry will still be back to finish this, i may or may not extend the story it depends on my inspiration. just cant juggle 2 stories at the same time now that the busiest season is here. will be finishing my first story then i'll be back to finish this one.:D thanks to all my readers! annyeong!

 

credits to the owner of the photo..:D