Chapter 9

I Am The First Wife II.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Curiosity.

 

It was what Xiumin had been bothered so much. It ached his mind and felt incomplete at some point. He tried everything to make it disappeared but failed. He read, made himself busy with work, took Hyosung and Jieun for vacation and even tried so many times to have a new member in the family, just to make him forget about his curiosity. But failure was on his road.

But his questions and curiosity  were answered when Seulyeon arrived home in the midnight, with tear-stained cheeks. Even though it was dak and the lights were off, he could still see her, came inside the house and tiptoed towards the stairs. Xiumin watched closely and his eyes widened when a tear slipped down her cheek. Seulyeon wiped the tear away with the back of her hand and hugged herself to her room as it was a cold night.

He wondered if he should go to her and ask why. She looked miserable and lost.

Her eyes.

It showed everything. Her emotions, her deep feelings, her thoughts.

Xiumin did not know the reason for her sadness but he sure knew that Seulyeon needed someone to make her feel safe.

"Honey, why are you awake? Come and sleep," said Hyosung, groggily and pulled her blanket closer to her chin.

In just a few seconds, she fell asleep again like a bear and Xiumin thanked the God for cooperating. He pushed the door slowly and silently, made his way to Seulyeon's room. As he approached his wife's room, he heard silent cries and sobs. He stopped immediately and leaned his body to the door. 

Seulyeon. She's crying, he thought.

His protectiveness alarm rang and he opened the door swiftly, revealing a woman who was sitting on the carpeted floor, leaning her back on the wall and cried silently. The creaking sound made by the door caused Seulyeon to look up and their eyes met. Feeling embarrassed, she pulled her legs towards her chest and hugged them, hiding her face from Xiumin. Xiumin came near and combed her hair with his fingers, trying to comfort.

At this moment, he knew that he should not say anything. Unlike Hyosung, who needs to be persuaded for days to comfort her, Seulyeon needs a silent treatment.

"Hey, I'm here. Don't worry, you'll be fine," he whispered.

Without hesitation, Seulyeon wrapped her arms around Xiumin's waist and cried silently on his chest.

And the two just stayed there, until the dawn approached.

 

 

"You ruined everything," Kris clenched his teeth and stared into Paige's blue eyes.

Terror rushed into her veins and she flinched when Kris sighed loudly. Tears forced to pour out but being a strong woman she was, she held it in and bravely, looked into his eyes back. She was not losing. Again.

"First, you told Father about my part-time job, which I have to throw that cart away before my father's minion came and crushed me into tidbits, and now, you are destroying my love life!" he roared, breaking the silence between them.

Paige was the one who told Kris's father about the cart but what was about his love life? Was he talking about her?

Please log in to read the full chapter