Chapter 10

I Am The First Wife II.
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Thanks," 

I pay the cashier and took the paper bag with cinnamon rolls in it.  Definitely my favourite morning breakfast. The bell rings the moment I pull open the door and step my foot to the city of Seoul. The cold wind gushes and strands of hair cover my sights.

"Aishh," I curse mentally and tug my hair behind my ears.

The hustle and bustle of the city is frustrating but the atmosphere is going normal for me for the past 3 years.

I walk along the side of the road, making  my way towards my workplace. Oh yes, I work as a normal office worker. Trust me, it is stressing me out but you need money to live in Seoul.

Money and sacrifice.

As I keep walking while munching the cinnamon rolls, my eyes catch a sight of a familiar boutique and without second thoughts, I cross the road and enter the boutique. Actually, I have been wanting to visit Joon, who is always there behind those glass displays to change the mannequins' outfit. And of course, I miss the guy who change my appearance.

Kling!

It is still the same, except the arrangement of the shelves and mannequins. The aroma of jasmine greets my nose and boy, I just love the smell. I inhale the sweet scent and slowly exhale.

"Welcome back, miss. It's been a long time," I recognise the husky voice and look to my right. Joon.

I giggle in amusement and it just happens that I miss him so much.

"Hi, Joon," I bow lightly and he flashes his white, sparkly teeths.

"So, looking good. Like your new short hair," he praises me and thank him for knowing the changes I made to myself. 

He shows me around the boutique and keep telling me that every evening dress there matches my skin tone. 

"Seriously?", I thought.

He also informs me that he saw me sometimes, walking along the shops across the road. But since he is busy as a bee, he did not have the chance to greet me. I tell him the truth that I miss him and he blushes madly. How cute, I thought.

I hope the time stops but living in Seoul, time never stops. We, have to catch them. In 30 minutes, I have to be at my desk, dealing with client and bunch of things. 

I say goodbye to Joon and how much I appreciate the time we have together. Joon smiles and opens the door for me.

The moment I step into the world of Seoul again, I feel burden. How I wish I could stay inside the boutique until my last breath.

 

 

"Hey, Seulyeon. Here's yours. Due. Tomorrow," Taeyeon, one of the workers, sets a pile of files on my desk and smirks at me. 

Well, that's inviting.

I undress my navy blue trench coat and started working on the reports. The surrounding inside my office is always depressing. The grey paint on the wall is too dull, the lights are too bright and it is just too messy with piles of files and papers around. But during summer, it is worse. If the air-conditioner did not work, we would be bathing in our own sweats and gosh, the smell - speechless. You know what I mean. But when it is winter, some sneezes and coughs, creating an annoying melody in the air. There are no people who wanders around and have a cup of coffee with others. It is just work, work and more work. It will be a weird thing to hear laughs and chattering. Only the sound of keyboard typing echoes.

This is just wrecking my mind.

"Oh wait, since the chief executive officer is arriving soon, here's more,"

She sets another pile of papers on my desks, covering my own face. 

"Goodluck," she whispered and went off. 

The taps of her killer heel can be heard clearly even though the flo

Please log in to read the full chapter