Chapter 7

Hate That I Loved You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara’s POV

I woke up feeling light. I didn’t have such a peaceful sleep for the longest time. I checked the time on the clock and it’s already 4 in the afternoon. I’ve slept away almost the whole day. I haven’t even seen my Dad yet. I went to my bathroom and took a shower.

The girls are busy today. So, I guess I’ll be alone until dinner. So I decided to go to the nearest coffee shop.

“Nana!” I called my beloved Nanny. “I’m going out. I’m just gonna drive around and probably get some coffee.”

“You’re not gonna eat dinner?” She asked.

“I’ll wait for Dad. It’s too early to eat dinner any way. Please tell Dad to call me once he gets home, so we can have dinner together. “

“Yes. I’d pass your message. Be safe while driving.” She reminded me. I smiled at her and gave her a quick hug then left.

If there’s one thing in this world that I love doing, it’s driving. It calms me. There are too many things running through my head at the moment and driving will help me gather my thoughts. There are only 3 reasons why I came back; my Dad, my friends and them.


As I was driving around, I thought I’m gonna get lost.  Thank God for GPS, I found the nearest Starbucks, but it doesn’t have a parking lot, so I tried again. When I can’t find any, I decided to pull over and ask a traffic police for direction.

Once I found the coffee shop I immediately order my favourite drink with a muffin. I didn’t realize I was hungry. While enjoying my drink, a person approached me.

“Hi! Sandara Park?” a stranger asked me.

“Yes?” I answered.

“Can I have an autograph?” He shyly asked. “I’m a big fan.”

“Sure.” And I signed his notebook. I don’t really mind people asking for autographs and photos.

“Uhmm. If it’s not too much, can I also ask for a picture?  But it’s fine if you don’t want. This autograph is already perfect.” He said and he holds his neck, too shy.

“No problem.” And he was about to take my picture, when I asked, “You don’t want it taken with me?” and he smiled and went beside me and ask one of the workers to take our picture. He was all smiles. I love making people smile. “And I also don’t mind if you want to post it in your SNS.” And his smile became bigger.

“Kamsahamnida. Miss Park. You’re jjang!” and he bowed once again and left.

Aigoo. I don’t think I’ll have a peaceful moment. So, after finishing my muffin, I took my coffee and went back to my car.

I took my time in driving around. Trying to familiarise with the city again. I ended up at the Han River. I have always found the serenity of the place overwhelming. I sat in one of the benches and just stared at the river in front of me. Same time tomorrow, everything will change. And I’ll make those people who owe me, pay.

I have been on that bench for over 30 minutes when I received a call from Dad. “Hi Dad! Yes, yes.” I answered him. “I miss you too. I’ll be home in 30 minutes. I’ll see you there.”

After more than 30 minutes of driving, I have arrived home. One thing I didn’t miss is the traffic. The moment I stepped inside our house, my dad gave me the warmest hug there is. It made me tear up.

“Welcome home princess.” And I heard Dad sniffed. He’s crying too. “Don’t leave your old man alone again, alright?” and he let me go.

“Yes Dad. Never again.” I honestly answered.

We had a sumptuous dinner and we catch up like the old time he told me about what I missed and all. After dinner, Dad decided to talk in the garden, over coffee.

“So, are you ready?” He asked me.

“As ready as I can ever be...” I answered.


Author’s POV
The following day,

NEWS: the business world is abuzz about the welcome home party of the business tycoon, Park Jin Young, for his only daughter and heiress. We haven’t got the name of this young lady. What we know is she studied overseas and spent almost ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter