Chapter 8

Hate That I Loved You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara’s POV

When the MC called my name, I know there’s no turning back. Tons of questions will be asked but not tonight. I’m here to claim what’s my birthright and to have fun with my friends, my real friends.

I took a deep breath and hooked my arms to my Dad’s and said, “Don’t let me slip Dad.” And he gave me a reassuring smile. As we get to the stage, I can hear the applause of our guests. I did a 90-degree and smiled to everyone. I looked for my friends and Dongwook oppa gave me a thumbs up. Seungri, my baby Panda, was whistling, the only person in the hall who’s doing it.

The MC gave the microphone to my Dad.

“Family, friends and colleagues, thank you very much for being here tonight. This is a momentous event for our family and for the business. My daughter here is very much excited to learn the ropes and help the business to be one of the best. I have big hopes for the company and a big trust to my daughter. And I know most of you will give her your support too, right?” and he was answered by a loud “yes” from the crowd.

My Dad passed on the mike to me. “Good evening everyone. Sandara Park-imnida.” I introduced myself and bowed again. “Dad is not putting too much pressure on me, is he?” I said. “I share my Dad’s dreams for the company and for all the employees. I will make sure that we’re all committed in reaching those dreams. This is not just for my Dad, for me or for our family. It will be beneficial to all employees and their respective family. I do hope that you can give me the trust that you have given my grandfather and father. I won’t let you down. I’ll do everything in my power and capability to have one of the best businesses in the country and in the world. Kamsahamnida.” And everyone stood up and applauded.

I may have a personal agenda but I ain’t letting that affect our family and the business.

As we get off the stage, my hand was shook by my Uncle, Bom’s father.

“We are so proud of you Dara. You have become a gem.” He told me.

“I agree. You look so beautiful.” My Aunt said.

“Thanks Samchon and Imo. You guys look gorgeous too.” And I kissed both of them.

I walked through the crowd and was introduced to different people. It’s quite exhausting but I felt good. Finally, I was able to get to my friends.

“Whew! I thought I won’t get to you guys, alive.” And I hugged each of them. My girls. Chae, Bom, Minji and Hanbyul are looking so gorgeous. I looked at Dong wook oppa an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter