Forget The Past

Brother in Love

Sulli stared up at the box of cookies resting on the top shelf. Even though she was quite the tall female, there were still things she couldn't reach. She used the tip of her toes to give her a boost in height and wiggled her fingers as she tried to reach for a box of cookies. Who put them so high up anyway? Right now, that wasn't her concern, as she tried harder to inch herself just close enough to at least touch the plastic that was covering the cookies. 

"Oppa, oppa!" The little girl called out, looking up at the table, where the cookie jar was placed.

"What is it, Rinji?" A boy, a bit older and taller than the girl, asked.

"Oppa, I can't reach the cookie jar." The girl said with a pout, pointing at the jar.

The boy let out a little laugh before carefully bringing the jar down with both hands and holding it in front of the girl. "Here you go." He said, smiling at the younger.

"Thank you!" The girl happily said, hugging the taller boy tightly from the side, then taking the jar and placing it on a small table which was leveled in a way that she could easily reach. 

"Yah, aren't you going to share?" The boy asked, following the younger girl and sitting himself down in one of the chairs.

The girl giggled and sat in the chair beside his, placing the jar so it would be in between them. "I like eating with oppa." She admitted, shyly smiling at him, before taking a cookie out and nibbling on it.

Sulli felt a presence behind her, slightly touching her back, as an arm moved up and easiy reached the box of cookies, placing it on the counter space in front of her.

"You were struggling, so I decided to help." The boy that arm belonged to explained, before walking over to the fridge and taking out some juice.

Sulli was surprised to see her brother helping her out like that, especially since he hasn't for a while. But, she didn't know how to feel. Should she feel happy? Relieved that he even said anything? Or angry because he talked as if they were strangers? Well, he wasn't to blame, since she had been treating him the same way. This cold war had been going for for a while now, ever since Sulli was in grade 3 to be exact. 

"Oppa, come play with me." The third grade girl said, tugging on her older brother's sleeve.

"I can't, I will be playing soccer with my friends." The fifth grade boy said, rather coldly.

"Why are you acting like this?" The girl asked with a pout, looking up at the taller boy.

"I'm too old to be playing silly games with you." He replied, avoiding eye contact.

"Hmph." The girl crossed her arms and walked away, pouting cutely, hoping her brother would run after her and apologize, or at least say he would play with her tomorrow or something like that.

It wasn't like those things didn't happen to normal siblings, but for some reason, it seemed to effect Minho's and Sulli's relationship a lot more. But then again, she was sure that there were more reasons for why he started to distance himself from her, which at a point she became annoyed and just stopped talking to him altogether.

"Thanks," Sulli finally said, opening up the box to reveal her cookies. "Hey, do you want any?" She asked, glancing over at her brother, who was placing the juice back into the fridge.

Minho looked at Sulli for a bit, confused, but decided it wasn't going to harm him or anything. "Sure," He simply replied, taking a sip pf his orange juice. "You want some juice or milk or anything like that?" He asked.

"Juice would be good." Sulli replied, pushing the box towards him.

Minho pulled out the juice from the fridge again and poured Sulli a glass, handing it to her before taking a cookie. This was most probably the longest conversation they had ever had in years. Even though it was pretty awkward, it was a bit refreshing to stand beside each other and quietly have some cookies and juice. Minho had thoughts about saying something to break the silence, but really didn't know how to start the conversation. Of course he wanted to talk to her again, since it seemed like they both had mutual friends and it's not like they are kids anymore.

"So, you and Yuri broke up, right?" Sulli asked, finally breaking the silence.

"Yeah." Minho replied, a bit surprised that she was the first to talk, since he honestly thought she hated him.

"Oh, you guys actually looked good together," Sulli admitted, always admiring Yuri. "It's a shame you two broke up."

"Well, she moved to America, so we broke up, or that was what Jessica told me." Minho explained, frowning a bit.

Jessica had just told Minho about Yuri on the first day back at school. She explained that the only reason why Yuri broke up with him is because she had to move away and didn't want to be a burden to him, not because she stopped loving him, which she didn't. He wished that she would of told him sooner, but he was sort of glad it was like this, since he felt if he would be more of a burden to her. 

"I see." Sulli said, noticing her brother frowning.

"Minnie is going to leave!" The girl cried, hugging her older brother's waist.

The boy pat the younger girl's back, trying to comfort her, but he couldn't stay that he wasn't upset either. He has also been close friends with the other boy, so it was sad to see him go.

"Don't cry, he promised he was going to come visit us soon." He said, hoping the girl would calm down a bit.

"He better!" The girl said, using the back of her hand to wipe the tears off her face.

The boy smiled at her, pat her head gently. "If he doesn't, I'll hunt him down for you." He said, nodding his head. His sister giggled and smiled up to him, hugging him tightly once again.

"Oh, and I talked to Minnie. He said he was going to come visit us next week." Sulli said, smiling to herself.

"That's good, it's been a while since I last saw him." Minho said, nodding his head slightly.

"He has a week off, so he will be staying here. Would you mind letting him stay in your room?" She asked, knowing their father wouldn't like it if a guy stayed in her room, and the guest room was already occupied by their father's collection of puppets.

Mr.Choi had a strange addiction to puppets. He would collect as much as he finds, placing them around the house if they were prizes that were won. He had always had since obession since he was a kid, and due to his puppet love, that was how he met Mrs.Choi, who also happened to be a puppet lover as well. She wasn't as big as a fan as Mr.Choi was, but she respected his collection and encourage him to do more. Finding them a bit creepy being all over the house, Sulli faked a puppet phobia so he would have to move them to a room, thus making the guest room, the "Puppet Palace".

"Yeah, you do know I was friends with him way before you, right?" Minho asked, hoping she knew that he was close to their friend as well.

"Yeah yeah, but it always seemed like Minnie prefered me over you." Sulli teased, which was a surprise to both of them.

"That's because you are a girl, and we all know he has a soft spot for them." Minho explained, shaking his head a bit.

Sulli couldn't help but giggle before facing her brother. "Hey," 

"Yeah?" Minho said, looking over at the shorter girl.

"I'm glad we got to talk again." Sulli shyly admitted, giving him a small smile.

"Same." Minho replied, mirroring the smile back.

"Then, let's start fresh." She suggested, just wanting to talk to him normally again. "Or just maybe until the point before Taemin left."

After giving it some thought, Minho nodded his head in agreement. "Sounds good to me." He said, extending his hand out to her so they could shake on it. Sulli smiled brightly before shaking his hand. Oh, how happy she was that she could continue to talk to her oppa again.