Second Chances

Brother in Love

"Man, I'm sorry to hear about you and Jessica." Minho said, as he looked over at his friend, Jonghyun.

It was math class for both Minho and Jonghyun. The teacher had a phone call so she stepped out for a bit, letting Minho turn around in his seat to face Jonghyun, who was sitting behind him.

"Well, it was bound to happen anyway, right?" Jonghyun said with a sigh, not taking his eye off the desk. "So, you and Krystal, what going on there?"

"Oh, well...uhh...we went on one date, but that didn't go that great," Minho said, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry about that though. I should have told you earlier." He added, feeling bad for going on a date with a girl Jonghyun was once with.

"No, no, it's okay, don't worry about it." Jonghyun said, finally looking up at his taller friend, forcing out a smile.

Minho knew Jonghyun since they were little, so the forced smile was very obvious to him. He frowned a bit, seeing his best friend like this. Yes, he knew it was Jonghyun's fault why Jessica and Krystal left him, but to him, Jonghyun was like a puppy who needed to be taken care of. Minho also knew for a fact that Jessica knew about Jonghyun's other relationships before, but he didn't know why she waited this long to bring it up.

"Jonghy-" 

"Mr. Choi, can you please turn your attention back to the lesson?" The math teacher asked, cutting Minho off before he could say anything.

"Yes, Ms.Kwon." Minho said, before turning back to face the front of the classroom. 

"Thank you." Ms. Kwon said with a smile before going back to teaching her lesson.

There was only a few minutes left of class once the lesson was over. Krystal, who was dismissed out of class early, waited beside the math class door, knowing this was the class Jonghyun was in. The bell finally rang and people were walking out of the class. Getting extremely nervous, Krystal started to over think and started rethink her decision. She turned with her heel and was about to start walking away before Jonghyun came out, but was stopped by a familiar voice.

"Krystal?" Minho asked, tapping Krystal's shoulder.

Krystal didn't know Minho was in this class as well. And, he already knew it was her, so she couldn't keep walking and pretended not to hear. She took a deep breath in before turning back to them with a smile plastered on her face. "Hey, Minho." 

"What are you doing here?" Jonghyun asked, who was standing beside Minho, sending Krystal an emotionless expression.

"Umm...I was actually here to see Minho." Krystal lied, grabbing Minho's arm and pulled him towards her. "Uhh, bye." She quickly said before dragging Minho along with her towards the next hallway.

She panicked. Instead of talking things out with Jonghyun, she had to panic  and take Minho along with her instead. She couldn't tell him what she originally wanted to do, so she might as well just wing this.

"I was wondering if maybe we can...try it again?" Krystal asked, not being able to think of anything else in such a short amount of time.

"You mean...you want to try dating again?" Minho asked, just wanted to be sure he didn't hear wrong.

"Yeah," Krystal said, taking in what she said. "Yeah!" She repeated, with more enthusiasm. "Let's go on another date." She said, finding that maybe they could try again. "If that is okay with you." She added.

Minho glanced over at Jonghyun, who was standing alone in the hallway, waiting for him. He knew Jonghyun cared about Krystal, but Jonghyun wasn't going to admit it without a push. Maybe dating Krystal would make Jonghyun realize her feelings for her, or maybe even get over her and finding someone else he cares about. Either way, it wouldn't hurt to try, would it?

"Yeah, I'd love to give it another try." Minho said with a smile, turning his attention back to Krystal.

"Great, are you busy tonight?" Krystal asked.

"Actually, I'm not. Would you like to go to dinner then?" Minho asked back.

"Sounds great." Krystal said, smiling at the younger boy. "I'll see you tonight then." She said, before givinng him a little wave then turning around, walking out of the hallway they were in.

"What was that about?" Jonghyun asked, once he walked up to Minho when he noticed Krystal leave.

"Just going on another date." Minho said, trying to see how Jonghyun would react.

"That's cool. Let's get going then, Onew is waiting for us." Jonghyun simply said, before he started walking towards the front of the school, Minho following behind.

 


Author's Note

A few of you might have been confused wit the previous chapter, so I'm here to explain. That was a diary entry from Krystal, because I decided to skip through that whole period. If you haven't noticed from the entry, but a lot happened during that time, which will be later on revealed through out the course of this story. There will be times when there will be diary entrees from other character, so don't be surprised if you see one in the near future. 

I'm sorry that my updates are really slow and I"m trying my hardest to keep these updates. At this point though, the story is officially beginning, as in most of the main characters, if not all, have been introduced, or have been somewhat mentions. 

I do look forward to hearing your feedback and I thank you all for being patient with me.