Chapter 12 : Misconceptions

BEFORE DESTINY

 

🎵Raemi's P.O.V
 
Another day at school... I sighed. I hated coming to school but recently, I started looking forward to it. Don't get me wrong.. I didn't like going since I was always bullied and everything but now..... with Eunhae, Sungjae and of course, Myungsoo oppa, school's actually better. I smiled. Myungsoo oppa... Just thinking about his name fills my stomach with butterflies. I took out my phone and looked at the picture we took last Sunday. I smiled remembering that day. His arm around me.. My shoulder by his chest.. His perfume.. His breath.. That white rose...
 
"Ya, what are you looking at??" Eunhae said grabbing my phone. "YA. Give it back." I said. I never showed her the picture and I wasn't planning to. "Wae??" She asked incredulously. She looked at the phone her face a perfect image of what she was feeling... "O? Mwoya. It's you and Myungsoo... Wait a minute... Is.. IS THAT HIS ARM AROUND YOU!!?!?!!" She looked at me with a shocked expression. I stared back at her with the same face. Eotteokhae? What am I going to tell her? Why am I like this? I should just tell her right? It's not like we did something wrong. We just took a picture. "Ya, why do you look like you've been caught? Raemi a.. Tell me honestly," she sat down at his seat and forced me to face her, "is.. Is something going on between you two? You've been spending a lot of time together too. Are you guys in a relationship?" How I wish. "O aniya!! It's not that. It's just that we've become closer together." I said defensively. "Really? Then why does he always text you? Why do you always call each other? Why do you anxiously wait for his replies? Tell me honestly Raemi, you like him, don't you?" I was stuck. She's my friend but... Should I tell her that I like myungsoo? Tell her! My conscience screamed. But... Really? Now? With all these people? What would they think of me? They'll hate me even more.. I mean how can a girl like me be.. With HIM. "Aniya... He's... Myungsoo shi's just a friend to me." She eyed me suspiciously. But then..
 
"O? Eunhae a, why are you in my seat?" Myungsoo said. "No reason really, I just wanted to talk with Raemi. She's just... Just not herself today." Eunhae said, keeping her eyes on me. "Really?" He turned his attention to me. "Wae? Are you sick?" And tried placed his hands on my forehead but I stopped him. "Aniya.." I said and glanced at Eunhae.. We had one of our mental conversations yet again..
 
"There's something you're not telling me..."
"Eunhae a, later.. Hmm? Later.." 
"Araseo." And looked around, understanding why didn't tell her the truth.
 
She took her seat in front of me and turned her attention to her book. Myungsoo oppa took his seat beside me and said, "Raemi ya.. You.. Are you really ok?" He was really worried about me. "Huh? Ne, oppa. Gwaenchanha." I said and smiled.

 

🎵Eunhae's P.O.V.
 
Seriously, what is going on between those two? If there together then just say it. Why bother hiding it? It's obvious that they like each other.. I'm surprised that they don't even see it. When they talk with each other.. There's always a spark between them. Even if they just sit together.. You could tell that there's something. Whenever Myungsoo teaches Raemi about math... He looks at her face while smilling like a fool.. Not at her solution. There's... There's just.. Just something unexplainable between them.
 
"Eunhae shi, are you listening?" The music teacher called. "Huh?" What was she saying? "Listen... if you don't want to do a demonstration in front." She said. "Ah, ne." And I bowed. "Now that we have Eunhae's attention, let's welcome Myungsoo and his guitar." Everyone cheered for him. Myungsoo.. Let's just say that he has a special ability to capture a girl's heart... With his guitar and voice.. He does just that today.
 
He sat in front and started tuning his guitar. Mi sol was seating directly in front of him, desperate to be in his view. I smirked. Pathetic girl... Why won't she just give up on him? I rolled my eyes. Anyway.. Myungsoo started singing. As expected everyone fell for him. Each gave him their own version of googly eyes.. I looked to see if Myungsoo notices them but... What's with that look? He looks like he's confessing his love to someone or something. Where is he looking? I followed his gaze.. It's definitely not Mi Sol... But he was looking at the person behind me.... RAEMI. 
 
I was expecting her to be looking at him too.. BUT NO... She was too busy with her phone, probably looking at that photo again. STUPID GIRL! LOOK AT HIM RIGHT NOW! LOOK!! I wanted to get up from my seat and yell at her to look but I can't really do that now, can I? I looked at Myungsoo again... He's really looking at her like she's the only girl in the world. He smiled during the right moments of his song.. Did I mention that he's singing a love song? Well he is. (Just imagine the most romantic song you can think of and let myungsoo sing it.. ^^) WHY CAN'T SHE JUST LOOK AT HIM?!?!?!?!?!?? No wonder she never notices him.. Ugh! She's just not looking. I wish someone would also look at me that way.. Sungjae's not really the romantic type of guy.. Or did I just say yes too quickly?
 
Forget about me. Going back to Raemi and Myungsoo.. Finally!! She looked! She did look but it was WHEN HE WAS DONE WITH HIS SONG!! I MEAN WHAT THE HELL?!!! She chose to look when he was DONE?!? What great timing Raemi.. 
 
Myungsoo went back to his seat. You know what she said? That he has a nice voice and he's good with the guitar.. Just THAT. UGH! If I was in her place... But she did say one good thing.. She asked him if she would teach him after we ate. I smiled to myself. I'm going to have a talk to her after that but... I'm really curious about what's going to happen. STALKING POWERS, ON! After lunch it is...
 
After we ate, I told Raemi that I was going somewhere so as not to disturb their little date. She told me that she was doing something too so it was fine. Something? Why didn't she just say that she was going to be with Myungsoo? Why bother hiding it? She's acting really suspicious. Hmmmm...
 
I followed them out. They were walking together, chatting and smiling at each other. There really are sparks between them. They look like they they're filming a movie of some sort. I'm so happy for them but going back to my mission. 
 
They sat side by side on the bench. Myungsoo gave the guitar to Raemi. She smiled at him. They were talking about something but I was too far to hear them but then he held Raemi's fingers and carefully placed them on the strings. Did she just blush? He taught her the C chord first then gradually made their way to the seventh chord. During that little session, both of them kept on stealing glances at each other. Everytime that happens.. They get a gleam in their eyes. They started talking again.. UGH! I need to move closer. I sneaked my way to the bush behind them and made myself comfortable. Now I can hear them..
 
"Let's try it with strumming okay?" Myungsoo said. "Okay, oppa." Raemi replied. Oppa? Since when did she call him oppa? Something's fishy.. Hmmm.. "Umm. Do G." He instructed. She must have gotten it wrong since he said, "nope.. Not there. Here." I asume that he touched her again. "Then C9.. Bm and Em.." He continued to instruct her. "Practice with those four chords.." He added. "There oppa, I think I got it." Raemi said. "Okay. Let's try something. You handle the chords, I'll do the strumming. Switch when I tell you to." She nodded. 
 
They started to play and ... The sound that was produced was.. Beautiful. It sounded like a song in a making. It was better with the two of them playing it.. So.. Romantic. When they were done, Raemi asked, "oppa, it's beautiful. Are you composing something?" Myungsoo nodded. "This was actually the chorus of the song I was making." "For whom?" Raemi said. "I'm planning to confess to the girl I like with this song." A girl he likes? Is it Raemi or another girl? "Who's the girl?" "Ummm.. You don't know her. But I'm gonna tell you when the time is right." He said. She doesn't know the girl? So it's not Raemi? Or was it just an excuse? Eotteokhae? Poor girl. I was pretty sure that he liked her.. Was he just being nice to her? Eotteokhae? I looked at my watch. I... I need to leave before they notice me. Eotteokhae? What am I going to say to her later? She seemed to like Myungsoo.. Eotteokhae?

🎵Raemi's P.O.V

 
It was already dismissal but what oppa said was still lingering on my mind. "You don't know her..." I knew it. Myungsoo would never like me.. He.. He was just being nice to me. I was walking out of the building when I saw myungsoo oppa. 
 
"Raemi a, get on my bike." He said coming with his bike. It was habitual now. He was always bringing me home, sometimes even fetching me. "Oh, oppa. I.. I can't go home with you today. I need to go somewhere." I didn't need to go somewhere but I just wanted to be alone for now. "Where? Maybe I can join you?" He insisted. "Aniya, oppa.." I felt someone hook their arm around mine. "You can't join us myungsoo shi. It's.. It's a girl's thing." Eunhae said. Ahh... My dear bestfriend. She's always there to save me. "Is that so? Araseo.. Have fun. Annyeong Raemi a, Eunhae!!" He called out and rode his bike. I waited until I couldn't see him before I spoke. "Gomawo, Eunhae a. But I won't be going anywhere." She looked at me and said "I know. I know you too well to not see that. You just wanted to be alone right?" I nodded. "Well you won't because we need to talk" she said pulling me with her but I didn't budge. "Eunhae a, about that.." I started but she cut me off. "I know. I'm sorry about that... That's why we need to talk." She said with a serious expression on her face. 
 
"Eomma, we're going to be in my room." Eunhae called when we reached her house. Her room was pretty big for one person, complete with a double bed and a dresser as well as a huge closet. She told me to just put my things anywhere so placed them by the bed stand. The bed stand had a picture of her family in one and a picture of the two of us when we went to Garosugil road.
 
"What do you want to talk about?" I said and sat on the bed, crossed legs. She mimicked what I did and held my hand. "Ya, you're creeping me out. Did something happen?" I said. "Miyanhe.. " she said keeping her head down. "Wae?" I told her. "Aniya... It's just... I keep forcing you to tell me if something was going on between you and myungsoo but it turns out that he likes someone else. I thought that he liked you. There's a.. You know.. A spark whenever the two of you are together." She was upset over that? "Aigoo a, Eunhae. Gwaenchanha. Is that what you're sorry about?" Wait. How did she know that he liked someone else? Did Sungjae tell her?
 
"But..how did you know that Myungsoo likes someone else? Did Sungjae tell you?" I decided to ask her. She looked up at me with an apologetic smile. "That too.. I.. Umm.. I kind of stalked you a while ago. I sort of heard you two talking about it." She admitted. "WHAT?!? WHERE.... WHERE WERE YOU?!?" I screamed at her. "Behind the bush." She said with a whisper. "WHAT?! WHY WOULD YOU?!?..." I said. Calm down.. Calm down... "Since when were you there?" I asked. "Since the beginning." She whispered and said "SOOORRRRYYYY!! You'll forgive me right.?" I exhaled loudly and looked at her for a long time. "Fine. You're forgiven." I said.
 
She smiled brightly and hugged me. "You're an angel." She said. Just then her mom came in and brought us some snacks, chips, cookies and juice. We said our thanks and continued our conversation.
 
"So.. What are you going to do?" She asked. "What am I going to do?" "Yea. Now that you know that he likes someone else... Are you going to say away from him now? Continue your relationship?" "I'm not going to do anything. So what if he likes someone else? It's not a crime to be friends with him. Also.. There's no reason why I should stop liking him. I'll just..." I thought about it. What am I going to do? "I'll just like him in a quiet way. Support him if he needs me." I continued. She stared at me. "Daebak..." She said. "You really like him,huh?" I nodded. "I really do." I said. "You might get hurt, you know?" She said. "I know.. But it's not his fault. He's so good to me..." I said but she cut me off. "That's why you'll get hurt, Raemi. He's so good to you. You might misunderstand his kindness for something else and you might fall for him even more." I thought about what she said. Unrequited love really does hurt, huh? "But still.. Nothing will change." I told her. "You're so stubborn. But whatever your decision is.. I'll support you. Just... Just promise me that you'll not cry because of him. Please?" She said with a concerned look. "I promise." I said. I'm really thankful for this girl's presence.
 
"But you two really look good together, you know?" She suddenly blurted out. What's up with this girl? She just said that I might get hurt. "I thought you told me that I might get hurt.. Don't give me more reasons to like him." I said. "But it's true. Whenever you're together, it's like you're on a different world. Also... If you can see how he looks at you, you'll really think that he likes you."  "Puhlease Eunhae. He never looks at me." "What? It's because you're not looking! The way he looked at you when he sang in front.... Ugh! I wish someone would look at me like that. He never took his eyes off of you." As if. I thought. "He probably was looking at the desk or book or tree or something near me. I might just be in the way of his view." I answered back. "Believe what you want Raemi.. But my eyes don't lie.. Also.. I've never been wrong about this things." She said proudly. "Really?" I said sarcastically but apparently she didn't notice it since she said, "really" proudly.