Chapter 15 : Camp

BEFORE DESTINY

 

🎵Raemi's P.O.V.
 
"Raemi a, open your eyes. We're here." Myungsoo said, tugging at my shirt. I opened my eyes and looked out the window. Everywhere I looked, all I saw was the color green.. Leaves.... trees... The grass. I sighed. It.. It was refreshing. I smiled to myself. It was a good idea to come here after all. "Let's go." I heard Myungsoo's voice.
 
I gathered my bags and followed Myungsoo out of the bus. He was the first to get down from the bus, followed by me. As soon as his foot touched the ground, he naturally offered his hand to me. I hesitated for a bit but decided to take it. I remembered how he held my hand in the bus.. I smiled to myself. I'd be more than happy to do this everyday.
 
The four of us, along with the other students, walked toward the camp site. The walk was beautiful with trees shading our path and sparkling streams along the way. Once we got to the site, the teacher instructed us to work on our tents. Eunhae and I will be sharing one while next to us, Sungjae and Myungsoo will share too. As soon as everyone was settled the teacher called us outside.
 
Everyone was seated in a circle, as usual, Myungsoo sat beside me. The teacher looked around before starting. She smiled and said, "Now that everyone's here, let me officially welcome you to camp!" Everyone errupted in cheers. "As you all know, this is a camp. There will be activities... Tiring activities. You'll get wet.. And get dirty. You'll experience everything. Now now... When we have activities, there are always winners and losers right? What should we do to the losers? Well... They'll be the ones responsible for our meals and dishes while everyone freshens up. ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR THAT?" She screamed. "YEEESSS!!!" Everyone cheered. "Then let's get it started!" She shouted. 
 
After that, she told us to group ourselves into four. So naturally, myungsoo, sungjae, eunhae and I were a team. I was pretty confident about our team but i'm afraid that I might bring them down. Anyway..... FIGHTING!! 
 
As soon as everyone were in groups, we started the first game. 
 
"Who's ready for some tug of war???" The teacher shouted while everyone cheered. "For our first game, we have Myungsoo and Mi Sol's team!!! Get to your positions!" She continued.
 
Myungsoo came to me and said, "You ready for this?" I nodded. "Here. Wear these gloves. I don't want you to have blisters." He continued and made his way behind me. We were standing in this order: me, eunhae, myungsoo and sungjae. I was the one facing the oponent. Guess who I was facing... Mi Sol herself. 
 
"So.. We meet again." She said looking at me from head to toe. "I see you've gotten closer with Myungsoo oppa. Why..." She started but the teachers voice interrupted. "You know the rules... When you hear my whistle.. PULL." Mi Sol smirked at me and eyed me with evil eyes. "Get ready to embarrass yourself... ." She said. Did she really just say that to me? Eotteokhae? Can I do this? I looked behind and saw my team mates determined faces. Okay.. Raemi a, get your act together! Show this girl what you can do! Fighting! THEN WE HEARD THE WHISTLE!!!!
 
I gathered up all my strength and started to pull.... Come on!! Pull!! I started to slide toward them but I held my guard. Just a little more and we'll win!! I decided to give it my all and.... One, two, three... PULL!!!! The rope suddenly felt light. I looked down and saw Mi Sol's face on the mud. Hihihi. I stiffled a laughter. I offered my hand to help her up but she smacked it and said, "I'll get you back..later" and stood up.
 

 

🎵Myungsoo's P.O.V.
 
We actually won!! I made my way to Raemi and saw what happened. What's up with Mi Sol? Why does she treat Raemi like that? I hope nothing bad happens in this camp. I reached Raemi as Mi Sol stood up and high fived with her. "You okay? No blisters?" I said pertaning to her hands. She removed the gloves, looked up at me and smiled. "Nope... All good. You?" She said and grabbed my hand. I was surprised by the sudden touch but I can't say I didn't like it. "Oh, oppa. You have a litlle blister right here.." She said pointing. "Really?" I said. "Ne... Does it hurt?" She asked. "Aniya... Gwaenchanha." I said and removed my hand from hers. I was embarrased with the way it looked but it's better that mine be scarred than hers... I didn't give her that gloves for no reason. It was the only one.. And it was hers. 
 
After the game the four of us sat under the shade of a tree and watched the other games. We laughed.. Talked and just let go of everything. It was fun just relaxing and talking with no worries. As soon as the last round was done, the teacher brought us to a wide field. I saw wheels, mud, flags... What? Obstacle race? Time to show my competitive side again... 
 
We were paired again with Mi Sol's team. This time Eunhae was the first to go, followed by Sungjae, then me... Then Raemi. The whistle blowed again and Eunhae run with all her might. Soon it was my turn to go and I rushed forward. One by one I got through the obstacle... Made my way around the flag and made my way toward Raemi and tapped her. Almost at the same time, Mi Sol's team mate tapped her. So it will be a battle between them again. "RAEMI A..... FIGHTING!!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. She carefully made her way around the course and back. She was leading slightly ahead of Mi Sol. 
 
She only had the wheel section to pass and we're done! Just then Mi Sol also caught up to her. Everyone was focused each of them. Suddenly.. Mi Sol pushed Raemi while doing the course. Raemi's foot got caught in the wheel and fell down. I heard the thump of her fall and quickly rushed to her side. "RAEMI A... Gwaenchanha?" I said as soon as I got to her. Everyone was too busy cheering Mi Sol's win to notice her fall. But nothing escapes the teacher's eyes. 
 
"Raemi a, gwaenchanha? Can you stand-up?" The teacher asked. "Ne.. I'm fine." She said and started to get up. "Ahhh!" She said and sat again. "Raemi a.. Are you really okay?" I said and touched her foot. "Oh, oppa. Don't... It hurts." She said. I looked at the teacher and said, "I think she twisted her ankle." The teacher examined it further. "Can you still play?" She asked. "Ne.." Raemi said. "No. She can't play." I interrupted her. "Oppa..." Raemi started. "Andwae." I told her. "Myungsoo a, I'll leaver her to you." The teacher said. "Ne.." I said.
 
When she left us, Raemi started to stand-up again. "Yah.. Hajima, eu? Don't force yourself." I told her. She's really stubborn. I sighed. "Come on.. " I said and squatted in front of her. "What are you doing?" She said. "Ride on my back. I'm not gonna let you walk... And don't even think about your weight." I said. "But.... Fine. But i'm really heavy." She said and climbed on my back. She placed her hands naturally and rested her neck on my shoulders. I could feel every breath she's making and it was giving me tremble. My heart was beating fast again. Aigoo... Why can't I just get used to her presence.
 
"Ya.. You're really heavy. What have you been eating?" I . "Oppa!" She said, hitting me. "O wae.." I told her. "Eish... Put me down then." She said in return. "Wae? I didn't say I couldn't carry you.. It's just that you're heavy." I said and continued walking. I smiled to myself.... It's really fun teasing her. 
 

 

🎵Raemi's P.O.V.
 
I can't believe myself. How could I trip over some wheel?! Hoy will my team win?! God, Han Raemi. You really ruin everything. You're even keeping Myungsoo here with you. He can't enjoy the games because of your stupid ankle. I sighed.
 
"Oppa, why don't you go there? I'm alright here." I said. "Aniya.. Gwaenchanha." He said while swinging his feet. He looks like a little kid. I silently giggled. How cute. ^^ but going back to business... "Oppa... Go and enjoy yourself. It's no fun getting stuck here with me. My ankle with get better later." I insisted. "Raemi a.." He said looking at me. "I said it's fine. And it's not true that it's not fun here with you. I enjoy your company even if were not talking and just looking at the scenery. Besides..." He said looking away. "It's no fun without you there." He continued.. Blushing. O? Why is he blushing? I thought to myself.
 
Eunhae and Sungjae's arrival interrupted my thoughts. "Raemi a, gwaenchanha? Is your ankle okay?" Eunhae asked, worried. "Euuu... Eunhae a. I'm better." I assured her. "Really? I saw what happened. Mi Sol deliberately pushed you." She said taking a seat beside me. "Aniya.. Mi Sol isn't like that." I told her. "What?" She scoffed. "Ya, Han Raemi. How can you defend her? She's done nothing good to you. I'm sure you know that she pushed you right?" She continued. I sighed. "It was an accident okay? It was all my fault." I said.
 
Just then, Mi Sol made her way to me. "Raemi a.. Biyanhe." She said. She didn't look like she meant it but it was good enough for me. "Gwaenchanha, Mi Sol shi. It was an accident." I said. "That's right. It was an accident." She said with a smile. "Huh!" I heard Eunhae. "Ya.. Mi Sol. Why don't you just say that you realy pushed her." Eunhae said standing up. "Ya! Eunhae. Stop it." I whispered at her. "Be quiet, Raemi. This girl... She's.." Eunhae said. "What? I'm what?" Mi Sol said facing Eunhae.
 
Oh no. This would turn into something big if someone doesn't stop this. Eunhae tends to get aggressive when she's in this mood and I'm pretty sure Mi Sol won't back down. I need to do something. "Eunhae a. Hajima. It was just an accident. Besided... She already apologized. Just.. Just let go of it." I told her. Eunhae kept her eyes on Mi Sol and said, "She didn't even mean her apology." Aigoo... I can't control her. 
 
"Mi Sol shi, biyanhe. Sorry for causing you this trouble. You can leave now." I told Mi Sol and smiled. "Not that I want to stay here.." Mi Sol said and walked away.
 
When she was far enough, Eunhae looked at me and screamed, " RAEMI YA! HOW COULD YOU JUST.... UGH!" And took a seat. "How can you just forgive her like that? Open your eyes sometimes. I know you know that she really pushed you..but you don't want to admit it. Stand-up for yourself." She told me. 
 
The truth is.. Eunhae was right. I knew that Mi Sol really pushed me.. It's just that.. I knew I was no match to her. Also... It's no use fighting with her. I'll just waste my time. Besides.... I knew why she did that. It was all because of my relationship with Myungsoo... But, what was our relationship? I sighed. Friends... Just that.