Chapter 14 : On The Bus

BEFORE DESTINY

 

 
The day of the camp...
 
🎵 Raemi's P.O.V.
 
A lot of the people had already arrived when I got to the venue. I spotted Eunhae among them and made my way toward her. "Eunhae ya!" I said, waving to her. "Eu, Raemi ya. You're here." She said moving aside to give me some space to sit on. 
 
"Are you ready for this three-day camp?" She said. "Yea..." I said unenthustiastically. "What's up with you?" She reacted. "Nothing. It's just that..." I said. "What? Myungsoo?" She guessed. I nodded. "I miss him. I miss spending time with him but it feels like something's changed." "You're the one who changed Raemi. I can see that he likes spending time with you but you always refuse to do so. He still keeps asking you if you wanted to get on his bike eventhough you keep om refusing.. That means something. I thought you said that nothing would change... " she said seriously. She was right you know. I know that I said that but.. "I know I said that but I think it was some kind of defense mechanism on my part. How would you react if you were in my situation? I'm sure you would do the same thing. But... My efforts to forget everything about him, me feelings... were useless. During the time I was at home.. Or walking towards home, he was all that I could think of." I said. "I'd probably do the same thing. No ones likes to get hurt. So what are you going to do now?" She asked. "I don't know... I'd like everything to be the same again but I'm not sure he would like that." I said. "Don't be silly, Raemi. He enjoys your company. I'm pretty sure he misses you too." She said putting an arm around my shoulder. "Really?" I asked. "Really." 
 
Just then Myungsoo and Sungjae arrived. "Speak of the devil.." Eunhae whispered to me. I looked at her and smiled a little. I knew that it was her way to encourage me. They approached us and stayed with us. Myungsoo sat beside me while Sungjae stayed with Eunhae. The couple were lovey-dovey with each other which left Myungsoo and I to ourselves.
 
There was an eerie silence between us so I was glad when he was the one who broke it. "They're doing it again." He said looking at them, a smile on his lips. I stared at him. How can he act like nothing changed? I was happy about it but I was just curious. I wondered why I even bothered forgetting him. He was comfortable to be with..he was one of the few who looked past my faćade.. He likes me for who I am and I like him for who he is. He's kind, good-natured not to mention that he's handsome and perfect (well,for me anyway).. "Is there something on my face?" He said and smiled.. Well that brought me back to reality. "Huh? Aniya oppa.. It's just..." I started but the teacher's voice interrupted. 
 
"Well, it looks like everyone's here.. Let's get on the bus." She screamed. I gathered up my things and started to get up but when I looked up, a hand was in front of me. It was Myungsoo offering his hand to me. I grabbed it and felt a tinggling sensation as our skins touched. He gracefully lifted me up but uncoordinated me managed to outbalance myself. He caught me and pulled me close. His hands were around my waist.... our faces inches apart. He smiled at me and said, "Gwaenchanha? I see you still trip over stuff." And smirked. "Yah.." I playfully hit him. He smiled to himself.
 
We were approaching the bus when he said, "Why don't we sit together? Besides.. You can continue what you were saying earlier before the teacher interrupted." Sit together with Myungsoo? My heart races just thinking about it. "Sure.. If you won't mind." I managed to say and smiled a little. "I won't mind.. Especially if it's you." He said and looked at me with those eyes. Right then and there I knew that I've fallen for him.... HARD.
 
During the ride, the teacher said some reminders that I couldn't remember. Myungsoo and I talked about anything but most of the time I would just be staring out the window watching the view while he would keep on asking me what I was staring at. Half way to our trip, we stopped at a rest stop. We were supposed to have our breakfast there but I already had mine but still, I went down with Myungsoo.
 
We were in front of a stall when he asked me. "Raemi ya, what do you want?" He said keeping his gaze on the food. "Oh, don't worry about me. I already ate." I said. "Come on. You're only saying that 'cause you don't have money with you. Don't worry, I have no intention of letting you pay." He said facing me. "It's the truth. Really. Swear." I said. Well it really was but I was hungry.. a little. He eyed me suspiciously and faced the lady, "one ramyun and hotdog please." And handed the money. 
 
As we were walking I though that he had a large appetite today. Normally he would just order some noodles and that would be it. So I said, "You seem hungry today, oppa." He looked at me. "You think these are all mine? No. This is yours." He said handing me the hotdog. "I know you like this kind of food so I hope you like it." He continued. "But I said..." I started. "Forget about what you said. I knew you're hungry but just didn't say it." He said. I kept quiet. He was right. I was hungry. 
 
"See... You're hungry." He said teasing me. "A little?" I giggled and made the gesture with my fingers. I turned my attention to the food. "Jal meokkesssubnida (thank you for the food)." I said and took a bite. Myungsoo said the same thing and started eating his noodles. After a while I said, "Oppa, gomawo. I'll treat you next time." He looked at me curiously. "Treat me? There's no need. I wanted to buy you something." He said. But I keep convincing him. "Okay fine. You'll get to pay me back..." He said. Suddenly a sly smile started to form on his lips. "How about... A little kiss on the cheek?" He said offering his left cheek to me. "Oppa..." I said hitting him lightly. He laughed. "Ne..ne. Some other time then." He said and looked at me. We both giggled. 
 
But to be honest, I seriously thought of giving him a little peck there but decided against it.
 

 

🎵Myungsoo's P.O.V.
 
I missed this. Joking around with Raemi... Eventhough it was only for a week, it felt like an eternity. It's great being able to seat by her and talk to her. My thoughts were interrupted when someone shouted.. "Let's watch a movie!!" Everyone cheered. A dvd was passed to the front. Huh? What kind of movie is it? I thought. The movie started to play. Uhuh... It was a scary movie. Okay. This would be fun.. 
 
I looked at Raemi. She was staring out the window.. Again. She was pretty like that. She looked natural.. She rarely wore any make-up. Actually, I can't remeber a time when I saw her with make-up.
 
"Raemi ya.." I said tugging at her shirt. "Aren't you going to watch?" I continued. "Huh? O... Nope. I get scared easily so.. No thanks." She said and went back to gazing. "Come on. I'm here with you. Besides... It's only a movie." I said encouraging her. She looked at me. "But still... I tend to imagine them at night. Like really imagine them... What they look like, their actions.. EVERYTHING. I won't be able to sleep." She said. She really looked scared... But I wanted to watch it with her. I did what I needed to do. I held her hand and raised it. "I'll hold your hand. Squeeze it or anything when you're afraid. I'll never leave you. As for tonight.. When you can't sleep, I'll stay by yourside. I won't sleep until you do." I smiled at her sincerely. I won't let anything happen to her. She looked back at me, a perfect image of mine. "Thanks oppa, but... I really can't. I'll just... I'll just take a nap." She replied but kept her hand in mine.
 
I was disappointed but her hand in mine kept those feelings at bay. She started to lean at the window but I caught her head and placed it on my shoulder. She was still fully aware of what I did but she didn't protest. Her head fit perfectly on my shoulder. It was like carved for her. And it felt right... It felt perfect. Her hand on mine... Her head on my shoulder. I could stay like this forever. Forget the movie.. The girl I love was beside me and it was all that I could ask for. Soon I closed my eyes and leaned on her head sleeping with a smile on my face.

 

🎵Eunhae's P.O.V.
 
I looked at the seat in front of me... Myungsoo and Raemi's seat. Their heads were against each other's and it was so cute. They looked really perfect. I sighed and smiled to myself. 
 
We were near Jeongnamjin, Jangheung when Myungsoo awoke. He looked at Raemi lovingly.. Like she was the only girl and the most important thing in the world. He smiled the whole time he was looking at her. I smiled to myself.. Well, well... 
 
"Ya, Myungsoo. Careful.. You don't want her to melt , do you?" I said jokingly. You'd expect him to say something but he just looked at me and smiled shyly like he was remembering something. I laughed to myself and thought.. "This guy's really fallen... And HARD."
 
We were approaching the base camp when Raemi woke.. "Are we there yet?" She said yawning. Myungsoo answered her. "We're almost there but if still want to sleep.. Go ahead. I'll wake you up when we get there." I didn't get to see what her reaction was since I looked away. I felt like it I was watching something that was for them only so I focused my attention on something else... Leaving them in their moment together.