Chapter 4 : First Glance

BEFORE DESTINY

"I..umm... Thank you.. No. I mean, president.." Raemi stuttered. I need to help her somehow... Myungsoo thought.

"What she would like to say is that she is honored to be voted by all of you." I said, while stepping beside Raemi. She looked at me with those big eyes of hers, scared. She bowed her head and tried to step back but I grabbed her wrist and said, "She'll do her best in serving all of you. Isn't that what you wanted to say?" looking at her. "Umm.. Yea. That's exactly what I wanted to say." She managed to say.

"As if she would be able to do that." Mi Sol snicked thinking nobody heard her but I did.

"Thank you Raemi and Myungsoo. Okay, class, don't 'cause any trouble while were gone." the teacher said. She turned her attention to us. "The two of you, follow me. I need to explain some things to both of you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

We were by the office when she suddenly stopped.

"Umm, excuse me, am... am I really the president of the class?" Raemi looked up with that troubled expression. I couldn't blame her, being the president of a class that hardly notices her, in a day, well that could cause quite a shock.

"Well of course, you are." the teacher replied. "But, I don't think I'm qualified for the task.""Oh, don't be silly Raemi", the teacher said walking toward her. "You're a great girl. You just need to trust yourself alright? You were always quiet in your sit but you were always a responsible girl." Raemi looked up a little.

"There, isn't that better? When you're having troubles with the class, you can come to me... or better yet, you can ask Myungsoo, he's here to assist you. Right?"

I nodded and gave her an assuring smile. "Look up a little, dear, alright? You two wait here. While I get my stuff." she said and left us. I saw the teacher approach her desk when the principal reached her. Looks like she's gonna be long. Let me seat at the stairs first.

"Why don't we sit first? It looks like she's gonne be in there for a while. I saw the principal walk toward her" I called to Raemi, patting the sit  beside me. She looked up from her thoughts and quietly sat beside me. She's obedient alright, obedient and silent. There was a long silence, when suddenly...

"Thank you by the way, Myungsoo shi." she said softly.

"Huh? For what? I hardly did anything."

"No.. You did a lot." she said, shaking her head but still looking down. "You've been more than helpful to me today. From that little event a while ago, to this. And all I did was 'cause you trouble."

"You mean that thing with Mi Sol and her friends?" She nodded. "That was nothing. Mi Sol and her friends were bothering you because of me, it's only right that I fix it."

"It's the kindest thing anyone's done for me." she whispered.

"It was the right thing to do. Also, it was the least I could do... being your seatmate and everything."

"I see you too, are starting to know each other." the teacher said interuppting us. "You're gonna be spending a lot of time together so that's good." she smiled.

The three of us sat together. She explained our duties and everything. She told us to assign the cleaning duties and schedules of everyone, the meetings we had to attend for the school activities to be held. After a while, I just got  bored with all the information. Raemi's probably undergoing the same thing. Poor girl. She had undergo this because of me. I took a quick look at her and... boy, was I wrong.

She was busy writing everything the teacher says. She looks like a little kid engrossed by a stoy, elbows on the table and those innocent eyes fixed on her entertainer. Those eyes were big, I never noticed it before. Also, she has those double eyelids too. Pretty, I thought, makes her look innocent and pure. I doubt that she isn't. I took one long look at her. When you look at her face, past those acne, she's actually pretty cute. She's not that pretty but she has this charm whenever she smiles with those thin lips. Her hair's pretty too although she always ties them with band. She's not that bad. I wonder why no one talks to  her. She's not mean or anything. She's quiet, too quiet in my opinion, but I just spoke to her today, probably not yet comfortable with me. I realized that I've been staring for too long. I turned my attention again to the teacher before being caught.

"Anymore questions?"  she asked us. I shaked my head.

"Umm, I have one tiny tinney problem. Umm... I don't know what to say when the teacher dismisses the class." Raemi smiled embarassingly. Cute.

"I know what. Why don't I help you?" I suddenly blurted out. Why did I just say that?

The teacher smiled at me. "Myungsoo can help you with that. For now, I need to get back to class. You two can stay behind and learn that." she said, leaving us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry I had to trouble you again." Raemi  said as we walked toward some benches outside.

"I told you, you're not  causing me any, so stop saying sorry." She nodded and smiled again. She sure likes to smile.

"Okay, what do i do?" she said as soon as we arrived.

"Woah there. Slow down. Don't get too exicted, alright?" she nodded quickly. I stiffled a laugh. She's excited alright.

"Okay, watch me. First, when you hear the teacher say.. "Class dismissed", stand up confidently and say "Attention".. then you bow. Next is.. That's it actually. Haha."

"Let me try." she sat beside me.

"So I stand up, and say... Attention. Then...bow?"

"Yeah. Good. Now try it more confidently. Let me pretend to be the teacher." I said and stood in front of her. Oh wait. Let me do something. I turned around. At first, she stared at me with those eyes then.. laughed. A really cute laugh, it may even pass as a lullaby.

"Do I really look that weird?" 

"Yea. HAHAHA. Those glasses don't suit you, take them off."

"Look who's talking." I said while taking them off.

"Well at least, I look good in them.." She said while flipping her bangs. Nice, I thought she  would get offended by that.

"Okay... enough of this. Let's get back to business."

"Okay..." She was still laughing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Since, it's the first day of class, dismissal's early today." The class cheered. "Settle down, settle down. President?"

She looked at me and gave me an encouraging nod. I looked at Myungsoo too. His face was against his fist and he was looking at me with those eyes... o those eyes. He smiled too and gave me an encouraging nod. All right.. this goes nothing. I stood up and with all the confidence I could gather and said..

"Attention." Everybody straightened up and one, two, three... I bowed.

I felt a slight bump on my right arm. "Well that wasn't so bad, huh?" Myungsoo said.

"Yea. I think that went well. Thank you Myungsoo shi."

"Oppa. Myunsoo oppa.. call me that."

"Oppa?"

"Yea. Since I'm..uuuu..older than you for nine months."

"Okay.. Myungsoo oppa.." That was nice. He's the first guy whom I'm gonna call oppa.. well, apart from my brother.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Myungsoo walks toward the bicycle stands...

What has gotten into me? I just asked her to call me 'oppa'. Nothing's wrong with that, right? She's a sweet girl and I have the urge to get to know her more. Nothing's wrong with a little friendship. Besides, we're gonna be spending a lot of time together and she could use a friend. Where are those keys? aa.. There. Good thing it stopped raining. Let's go and ride this bike.

"O? Raemi a!" She turned. "You walking towards your house?"

"Umm. Yea. I always walk going home."

Of coure she does.. Stupid question. "I'll get going then."

"Ah, yes. Goodbye, Myungsoo opaa! See you tomorrow!" She beemed at me.

"See you tomorrow!" That felt good.. I smiled to myself....'Myungsoo oppa'.

Han Raemi.... What an interesting girl.