Chapter 8 : Dinner

BEFORE DESTINY

 

The following days pretty much followed the same routine. The teachers entered and left the classroom. We studied and did our jobs. And after the day, Raemi, Eunhae, Sungjae and I were always the ones left to clean the room. You must be wondering how Sungjae came to the picture with him disliking Raemi and everything.

 

After the day Raemi and I cleaned the room, Eunhae came and helped us. I don't really mind spending time with Raemi but cleaning the room with only two people, that can be tiring. So I was glad with Eunhae's presence. I got to know Eunhae better. Gradually, I got to warm up to her. She's a great girl. I'm happy that she came. At least now, Raemi has a friend and a good one. There closer than anyone I've ever seen. They share secrets together, laugh together, eat together, in short.. they do everything together. Raemi got a different glow because of that. She smiled a lot more and her hairs not in a tight clip now. That made her much more beautiful..

 

One day, Sungjae came to me. “Ya!! I heard you're spending time with Eunhae and Raemi!” he said, tackling me. “Yea. We clean this room everyday since you guys don't want to.” I said elbowing him in the ribs. “Ya, appa.” he said while rubbing the part I hit. “You deserve it.” “Hey!” he said raising up his arms, “she never called my name.” he continued. “But still..” “Yea, yea. Okay fine. I didn't help okay. But starting today... I will!” he said proudly. “Uh..Wae?” I asked. “Well, I can't let you enjoy the company of those girls all alone, right?” he laughed. “Please.. You just want to be with Eunhae.” “That's right!” he said and slapped me on the back. “Aigoo.. this guy.”

 

Later that day, I introduced him to Eunhae and Raemi. “Raemi, Eunhae, this is Sungjae. Sungjae, this is Raemi and Eunhae.” “Annyeong! I'll be helping you guys today and who knows when.” After the introductions, we did our jobs. Raemi and I were busy doing ours but Sungjae was busy getting to know each other.

 

“Ya, don't you think those two are getting too close?” I said, standing by Raemi's side. “Yea.. I think your friend likes my friend.” she agreed. “I agree. Does this mean that we should like each other too?” I joked. “Maybe. Should we start going out?” she smiled at me. She's really cute when she does that. Should we really? I mean if I want to know her more, should we go on a date? “Do you really want us too?” I told her seriously. “I mean I wouldn't mind.” I continued. She suddenly fell silent. She's obviously uncomfortable so I hooked my arm aorund her and whispered to her ear, “I'm kidding.” then straightened up. “YA!!” and pushed me lightly, “that was not funny.” but she smiled and I saw that she was obviously relieved. “Myungsoo, a! Are you and Raemi done?” Sungjae shouted. “Huh? Euu..” I said looking up. “Is that so? Then come on! Let's grab dinner.”

 

We walked together, Sungjae and Eunhae in front, me and Raemi at the back. “Eotteokhae? My grandmother will be worried about me.” I heard Raemi talk to herself. “O wae?” I asked. “O, it's nothing. It's just.. my grandmother, grandfather and oppa will worry if I come home late.” “Is that so? Why don't you contact them and tell them that you'll be having dinner with us. And... umm.. I that I'll walk you home.” “Really? You'll really walk me home?” “Yea. You don't want me too?” “Aniya, aniya. That's not what mean. It's just..” she hesitated. “What are you waiting for? Go and contact them.” “A..ne. Gumawo, myungsoo oppa.” Myungsoo oppa..

 

 

“Annyeong Raemi, a! Annyeong Myungsoo, a!” Sungjae waved at Raemi and I. “Take care of Eunhae!” Raemi shouted. “EU!! Take care!!” he shouted back. “Should we go?” I told Raemi. “Eu. Let's go.” she said. After a while she said, “Oppa, gumawo.” “Aniya, gwaenchanha.” “Not just this, everything. You helped me with cleaning the room, with doing my duties, leading the class.. but most of alll, thank you for being my friend.” “Ya, gwaenchanha. You're a great girl. I don't understand why our classmates bully you or anything. You're actually pretty you know.” she blushed. “Really?” “Yea, try letting your hair down once in a while, just like now. Try smiling a bit more and be confident. Don't mind your acnes 'cause that's pretty normal for our age.” “Thanks. That means a lot coming from a guy who's perfect in everyway. Your smart, handsome, kind.. your friendly, even to me.” “Nah.. why don't we get to know each other more?” “Do you want to play a game? You ask a question then you ask me one. But here's the catch, you can't repeat what the other one asks. Okay?” “That sounds fun. Okay. I'll go first.” I said.

 

“Did you have your first boyfriend?” I asked her. “Me? Boyfriend? Please. No guy even likes me. But I bet you had tons,right? That's my question. Who's your first girlfriend? Is it Mi Sol?” “Mi Sol? Aniya. She's just like a little sister to me although she seems to misunderstand that as something else. As for the first girlfriend... I've never had one.” “Really?!!! That's hard to believe. With your looks and everything...” “It's the truth. I've never had one, never met anyone I liked yet. Girls just seem to scream all the time. I never liked that. So.. my next question. Who was your first kiss?” “First kiss?!! I don't even have a boyfriend, how can I have my first kiss?” “Wae? You can have your first even without a boyfriend.” “So you see me that way?” she asked, obviously offended. “That's not what I mean. You know people these days.. anyway. Answer my question.” we were by her house now. “I've never had one. I actually still have fantasies about my first kiss. But...this may sound embarassing.. umm.. I want to share my first kiss to the person who I'll marry someday. It sounds impossible, I know, but I wish I can fulfill it.” she said smiling to herself. “That's... that's really innocent of you. It's rare to see girls like you. I.. I really hope you get to fulfill that.”

 

“Raemi a! Is that you?” said someone, interrupting us. “A. Ne oppa!” Raemi said. “Annyeong, Myungsoo oppa! Thank you for walking me home.” she said and hugged me slightly. “O, annyeong! Goodnight! Sweet dreams.” I saw her run to her oppa. How sweet of her... she's really starting to get to me. Her smiles still linger even when she's gone. I'm starting to like her... she's really pure too. I hope she gets to fulfill her wish. I wonder if it could be me...