Chapter 3 : President

BEFORE DESTINY

I got up from my seat and sat beside Myungsoo. The journey from my seat was too long. How could it be too long? This classroom was not that big. Wait. What if he gets mad at me 'cause I'm his seatmate? What if he doesn't talk to me? Well, that wouldn't be a problem since hardly anyone talks to me. But still, it's different if he doesn't talk to me.

"Raemi, what are you doing? Why are you not going to your seat?" I heard someone say, interrupting my thoughts.

"Huh? What? Oh. Nothing ma'am. I just remembered something." I said and continued walking to my seat. Apparently, I stopped walking. Stupid girl. Why are you thinking about it? Myungsoo's not that kind of guy. Right? He's not like that right? Stop worrying and take a seat. Just stop it, then..

"Hi there, seatmate." When I looked at the one who spoke to me, I was flabbergasted. It was Myungsoo. He said hi to me and smiled.

"Umm.. hi. Sorry, you had to put up with me." I managed to say.

"No big deal." he said, and turned to face the teacher.

The teacher continued to explain the activities to be held throughout the school year but I was still thinking about Myungsoo. Three little words. Those three words were the first words spoken by a guy to me, well apart from my brother and my father. Hardly anyone talks to me, especialy in this classroom. I was a nobody and people would talk to me either to insult me or they just needed to. But no one, no one spoke to me because they wanted to. But he did. The guy who I thought would be mad at me. Huh. It turns out that all my worries were a waste. I even embarassed myself. As if I'm not embarassing enough. At least I know Myungsoo and I are off to a good start. Myungsoo.. Myungsoo. WAIT! I just embaressed myself in front of him. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! I started hitting myself.

"Ya. If you don't stop hitting yourself, your gonna get a bump, not to mention everybody's gonna look at you." Myungsoo said with a little laugh.

"Huh? aa. Umm. Okay." I replied, ashamed of myself again.

"I'm just gonna get something from the office okay? Since, all of you already know each other, when I return, we're gonna have our class elections. Think of your possible president and vice-preseident." announced the teacher and left the room. Myungsoo also left the room to go to the bathroom.

"Well, well. Aren't you lucky?" Mi Sol said while walking towards me. Her gang, the violets, circled around me. "Exchange seats with me. Seat beside Junhyung. Go to your rightful place."

I sat, stunned. "Why are you not standing? Stand-up." she demanded and banged my desk. I just continued to sit, unable to move. "What are you doing! Stand-up. Don't tell me you like Myungsoo oppa?! You have no right over him! I've known him since we were little and we are destined to be together. Stand-up!"

"You won't stand-up? Girls, get her to get up."

"Put her down." said a voice.

"And who are you to tell me... Myungsoo oppa!"

"Mi Sol, tell your friends to put her down."

"But oppa, she won't go to her proper place!"

"She's in her place. You're the one whos' in the wrong place."

"Oppa! She deserves to seat beside him! I deserve to seat beside you!"

"Who told you that? I'm the one who picked the number. Why don't you yell at me? I'm the one who you shoud be talking to not her. She did nothing to deserve this treatment."

The whole room was watching us. "But oppa..." Mi Sol stammered.

"What's going on? Why is Mi Sol and her friends out of her seat? Myungsoo, get inside." the teacher said when she returned.

"Yes, ma'am. I just went to the bathroom." Myungsoo said while returning to his seat.

"Is that so? Okay then. The rest of you return to your seat."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who does she think she is? Mi Sol thought. Who is she that even oppa  defends her. She's just this girl who is nothing like me. She's ugly eventhough she's smart. She's nothing compared to me. I'm pretty AND smart. She's just smart.

"Have you thought of anyone as your class president and vice-president?" the teacher said.

President? Vice-president? What if.. yes. That would be perfect. What if Raemi  becomes the president and oppa's gonna be the vice? That would be perfect right? Yes. Let her embarass herself more in  front of him. Let oppa see her for what she truly is, an irresponsible and ugly girl.

"Actually ma'am, what if we postpone the voting after the break? I've got someone in mind but I haven't seen her.. I mean that person's true abilities." said Mi Sol, raising her hand.

"You're taking interest in this kind of thing huh? Alright. Since it's rare to see her this enthusiastic let's continue after the break later. For now, get into groups of the possible activities you want for the sports fest, okay?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's rare to see you this enthusiastic about the voting. Actually, it's the only time you've shown this kind of interest." Jae Hee told Mi Sol as the violets got together.

"I'm not like this for no reason at all."

"You've got that look again." Hye Jin said.

"What look?"

"The look that says you've got something nasty planned."

"Well, I do have something planned. Come closer." With an evil smile they went closer. "Vote Raemi as the president and Myungsoo oppa as the vice. Let oppa see her true self. Once she wins, she'll have power over us. But hey, will we follow her? No. Never. Tell the whole class that. We'll embarass her even more."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's break time and I'm sitting alone....again. Myungsoo went to eat with his friends. During the activity, he was kind enough to offer me to be his partner but  I told him that his friends are waiting for him. He understood what I meant by that so naturally, I was left alone with my paper and pen. I had nothing to do so I drew somethings. I'm like that by the way, drawing stuff whenever I'm alone so that's all the time.

I'm fine with being alone. I'm used to it but something feels weird today. It suddenly rained outside. Good thing I brought my umbrella today. But something's weirder than that. I saw the violets whispering to each other and soon they approached everyone, except me. I saw them stealing glances at me then laughing. I immedietly became conscious about my looks. I wouldn't want chocolate stuck to my teeth but there was none so I just ignored them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay class. Let's not postpone this any further. Let's vote for the vice president first okay? Get a piece of paper and write the name of the person you wan't to vote."

Who should I put? I'm thinking of putting Myungsoo as our class president but who for the vice? Oh what the hel. Let me put last year's vice president's name.

"Done, pass it in front."

"Okay next, write the person you want to vote for the president's name."

Kim Myungsoo. Perfect. I hope he wins.

"Pass it to. Wait a moment while I count the votes."

After what seemed like forever, the teacher returned.

"Surprising turn of events, okay. Did you guys conspire?"

There was an eery silence in the room.

"It doesn't matter if you did or not because I believe this person can lead and would be assisted by the other one. Give a round of applause to your president, Han Raemi, and vice president, Kim Myungsoo. Please come in front."

They were loud cheers and laughs. I felt a light tap. "Ya, stand-up. The teacher wants us in front." Myungsoo said.

"Huh? umm. yeah." Why did the teacher want us in front? Did I do something wrong?

The teacher made me face the class and encouraged me to speak. I didn't know what to do. Why am I going to speak?

"Umm.. Ma'am, why am I in front?" I asked the teacher.

"You're our new president."

President. President..PRE-SI-DENT. PRESIDENT??!!!! What?!!!

My eyes went straight to where Mi Sol is. It was scary. She was looking at me like I was a meal she can't wait to devour. Those smile and those eyes..