Chapter 2 : Seating Arrangement

BEFORE DESTINY

"Okay class! Today is the first day of classes which means... A NEW SEATING ARRANGEMENT." beemed the teacher. Everybody cheered especially the girls 'cause they might get the chance to seat beside myungsoo. While I was left sulking again 'cause unlike him, everybody hated me. They hated being seen with the girl with four eyes. I closed my eyes and hope to get this over quickly because I might be picked last again just like what happenes every year.

Every year, the clas president gets to pick his/her seatmate then that seatmate gets to pick the next person to pick his/her seatmate until everybody gets called, everybody but me. As a result, I always seat alone by the window. But this year was different.

"Let's do away with the usual method of picking your seating arrangement. Let's make it more fun." explained the teacher. "This year I'm gonna assign numbers to the girls. Then the guys are gonna pick those numbers. Sounds fun right?"

"YEESSSS!!" Mi Sol and her friend screamed and giggled. "Very enthusiastic as usual  Mi Sol and Jae Hee, huh? Keep it down okay?" the teacher said. "As if we're gonna be able to calm down. What if Myungsoo oppa picks me? Then we really are destined. I mean think about it. I'm pretty, he's handsome. He's  smart, I'm smart. We're gonna be the best couple ever!" whispered Mi Sol to Jae Hee.

These girls did nothing but go crazy over Myungsoo. Yes yes.. you're perfect. We already know that.

As usual, my number was left but Mi Sol's number was left too. Nobody in the room knew what our numbers was except the teacher. The last two remaining guys were Myungsoo and Junhyung. Junhyung was my guy counterpart. He too has acnes and was wearing glasses but his experience was worse since he was bullied by the school gang. He was pushed around by everyone, sent to do chores and hit for no reason at all. I pity him at times.

"OOO.. Look what we have here! Junhyung and Myungsoo, Raemi and Mi Sol! What a perfect combination!" screamed Jae Hee. Everybody laughed. "We have two class couples then! One perfect couple and one..I don't know..  loser couple!" screamed one guy at the corner. They  loved the idea that I'm gonna be paired up with Junhyung. They would have a blast calling us four-eye-couple. Great. Just great. My life was a lot simpler when I was seating alone. Now I had to tolerate a little more bullying.

"Now now..settle down. Don't  talk like that" said the teacher. "Who's pick would you like to be revealed? Myungsoo's or Junhyung's?"

"JUNHYUNG! JUNHYUNG! JUNHYUNG!!" yelled everybody.

"By popular demand, Junhyung reveal the number you picked."

"I picked number 1."

"Number 1, number 1, number 1.. Aha! There it is. Number 1 is Mi Sol! Mi Sol , go and seat beside him."

Everybody fell silent. Mi Sol was paired with Junhyung not with Myungsoo.

"So if I am paired with him.. then Myungsoo oppa is seating with..." She looked at me with those piercing eyes. "NO..."

I didn't know what to feel  but one thing's for sure. My simple world won't be the same.