Chapter 5 : Playground

BEFORE DESTINY

 

Myungsoo oppa? Since when did he allow anyone to call him 'oppa'?” Mi Sol thought. “I'm the only one allowed to call him that.”

 

 

Seven years ago.. when I was 10...

I was going home from school once, when I bumped into these big kids in the playground.

“Well, well, well... What do we have here?” the eldest, 13 years old, of them all said. “It's pretty Mi Sol. Why don't you come and play with us for a bit?”

“I.. I can't. My mom's waiting for me.” I wasn't good with guys.

“It's not like she'll disappear from your house right? Just for a while?”

“I can't. I'm sorry.” I needed to get out of here and quick. I walked briskly but then his friend blocked my way.

“Where do you think you're going?” he said.

“You're not going else where.” the leader said and grabbed my wrist.

“Appa! That hurts! Let go of me!”

“No can't do. If you just did what we wanted then this won't be necessary, right?” his face was right in front of me.

“YA! Leave her alone!” a voice said.

“Who do you think you are?” the leader said, turning around.

“Leave her alone now.” the voice said.. getting closer.

“Ooo.. what do we have hear? A little guy standing up to his hyungs.” he said while crackling his wrist. “The youth today needs to learn about respect, huh?” then punched towards him.

I closed my eyes, I couldn't bare to see this. Huh? It's too silent.. then I heared a loud crash on the ground. Is is the stranger? I opened my eyes. It was blurry at first because it closed my eyes to tightly. When it got clearer, I saw the big guy on the ground. But how? Where's the stranger? There! Standing proudly, I guess he dodged the punch.

“Why this little..” and the leader punched again. But luckily he dodged it again.. soon it became three against one. Eotteokhae??!! The stranger is getting hurt because of me. He has blood on his lips, his right eye was bruised but his opponents were worse.

When the fight finally calmed, the stranger squatted beside me. “Are you okay? You're not hurt anywhere right?” when he said those words.. I burst into tears.

“O, wae? Where does it hurt? Your wrist?”

“Aniyi..” I managed between tears

“Then where?” he said with a concered look on his face.

“It's not that. You have blood..” I cried loudly, again.

“This? It's nothing. Are you okay now?” I nodded.

“Do you need me to get you home?”

“No.. umm. I'm Mi Sol and I'm 10 years old.”

“Mi Sol.. Mi Sol.. A! The girl from our school? I knew you were familiar.”

“School?”

“Yea, the one right around the corner, near the convenience store.”

“Um.. yea. That's right.”

“Hi Mi Sol. You're 10? Me too! I'm Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo.”

“Myungsoo oppa?”

“Oppa? Okay. Sure. I'll treat you as my little sister.” he smiled brightly at me.

 

He said he treated me like his little sister, but we'll see. I know that Myungsoo oppa has feelings for me. He's not just showing them to me. Also, I'm the only one who's allowed to call him that. Han Raemi, how dare you call him 'oppa'... he's mine and i'm his.