Chapter 11 : SunDATE II

BEFORE DESTINY

 

"Annyeong grandmother! Annyeong grandfather!" Raemi said as we left. "Come back soon!" Shouted one. "Ne! Grandmother! Get well, okay?" "Euuu! Take care."

We were walking side by side while I was holding my bike. She must be hungry now. Should I ask her if she wants to eat? What if she does not want to? "Oh, just get on with it." My conscience screamed. FINE. I looked at her. GOD. I can stare at her forever. 

 

"Raemi a, are you hungry?" "O? Gwaenchanha. I'm not that hungry." Then we heard a rumbling sound. "Ya! Be quiet!" She whispered. I giggled. "Ya, your stomach does not agree." "Sorry. I was not able to eat breakfast." "Is that so? Let's go. My treat." "Aniya, oppa. Gwaenchanha. I could pay half." "Ya, when a guy treats you to lunch, just agree." "Oppa...." She whinned. "Fine. You can pay half but..."

"But?" "You need to go somewhere with me after." "Wae?" She asked curiously. "I want to be with you longer. Wae? You don't want to?" "Aniya, aniya.. I... Where are you taking me?" "Hmm... It's a secret." 

We ended up eating in an okonomiyaki shop. She said she wanted to eat some japanese food for a change. There was a long awkward silence. Eotteokhae? Is she uncomfortable that she's alone with me? Was asking her out for lunch a bad idea? Tsk. I need to break this silence.

 

"You really knew what to do back there." I said. "Oh? It was nothing. I'm used to it." She said waving a hand. "I just treated them like I treat my own grandparents." She continued. "Wae? Do you live with them?" She nodded. "They brought my oppa and I since we were young." "Wae? Your parents?" I asked. By this time, the okonomiyaki was already placed in front of us. I started to prepare it when she said, "They died three years ago." I looked up to see her grief-stricken face. Stupid guy. Why did you ask that question?! "Sorry." I managed. "Gwaenchanha oppa. You didn't know." She said with a smile. "There's no need to be so afraid that you might hurt me. I'm fine really." She continued. "But still..." "Anyway, when they were still alive, all six of us lived together. We were usually left behind 'cause mom and dad worked." She said interrupting me. A long silence followed. I concentrated on dividing the food. I served it to her and she thanked me. 

 

When I couldn't take it anymore, I said, "You must miss them." She smiled at me. "Heaps. But whenever I do, I look at the photographs we took when we went on trips. That way, I remember the memories we had. But you know what scares me the most?" "What?" I was really curious. "I'm scares that there may come a time where in I forget who they were and what they have done for me." She said sadly. "That won't happen." I said immedietly. "Really?" She said with a slight smile. "Really. Because even though your mind may forget, your heart will never forget the love you recieved from them." "Gomawo, oppa." 

 

"Aigoo ya. Why are we talking about this?" I said to brighten the mood. "You're the one that brought it up, oppa" she said before taking a bite. "YA!" "Oh, wae? It's the truth." She said jokingly. I looked up from my food and saw that she had some sauce by her lips. "Ya. Han Raemi, you've got something here.." I said pointing to the side of my lips. "Jincha? Here?" I said and tried to remove it. "Aniya.. Here" I said, getting up from my seat and reaching for her face. I touched the side of her lips and met her eyes. We stared at each other for two seconds but it felt like forever. I've never been this close to her ever. The closest i've been to her face is when? never? Her face.. just inches from mine.. I stopped myself. After realizing what happened, I sat down again. Her hand touched the part that I touched. I can't forget how smooth her skin was. After that little thing, we ate in silence. GAAAD. Kim myungsoo! Couldn't you stop yourself?!? Look at what you've done! You've made things awkward between you two!

 

While I was having a mental war inside my head, we finished our meal. We payed together and went out. Once outside, I didn't know what to do or say. "Oppa, where are we going?" Raemi looked at me, a big smile on her face. "Oh that's right, I was going to take you somewhere." I mumbled but apparently she heard it. "Wae? Have you changed your mind?" "Aniya.. Aniya.." She hooked her arm around mine and said sweetly, "Then let's go." My heart skipped a beat at the site of her. GAAAD. She really knows how to make a man fall for her. 

I tighthened my grip around oppa's waist. I didn't want to fall or anything but mostly, I just wanted to experience hugging him. I don't get to do this every time so might as well take the chance. I thought to myself. Then I remembered oppa's words "even though your mind may forget, your heart will never forget the love you recieved from them" ..... That was really sweet of him. Then the scene where he touched the side of my lips played. The feelings came rushing back again. It was like a scene in a movie. The light way he brushed it... His eyes that met mine even for just a split second.. His smile that followed. "Is he your boyfriend?" I heard the grandmother's voice. Boyfriend? Namjachingu? Like that's even possible. He doesn't even see me as a woman.. I'm just a little sister to him. I mean what's up with my outfit?!?! This!?!? This is too much! Look at him. He's just wearing a shirt and jeans and he looks amazing. He probably thought that it was inappropriate. T_T... The way he looked at me when I opened the gate. I sighed.

"Raemi a, we're here." I heard him say. "Here?" I said looking around. "Yup. Here. Namsan park." He said while parking the bike. "Waaaa..." I said, taking in the view. The place was breathtaking. "You like it?" "Ne oppa! Yeppuna.. Jincha yeppuna.." I said looking at him. "It's october now.. So it's perfect to come here." He said while leading the way. "Oppa.." I said facing him. "Gomawo. I've never been here before..." "Really?" He smiled that dimpled smile. "Then you're in for a treat. Autumn's the best season to come here." And he winked at me. My heart skipped a beat. I wish he would stop doing that. 

 

We took a stroll underneath the orange and red shade of trees. There were a lot of people doing the same thing but in my world, it was only the two of us. We walked together, emmersed with the view. He was kind and patient enough to answer my endless questions about everything. He pointed to the different sites we passed by.. We stopped in front a flower garden. The flowers were arranged in concentric circles. Each circle a different kind of flower... A different kind of color. Although it was already autumn, the flowers were in full bloom. Myungsoo oppa bent and picked up a flower. 

 

"For you.." And he handed the flower to me. It was a white rose, my favorite flower. "Oppa.." I looked up at him. "Wae? You don't like it? I thought it was your favorite." He said. Oh? How did he know that this was my favorite? I never told anyone not even Eunhae. "Oh? Aniya.. I like it. I really do. But how did you know that it was my favorite?" I said smelling the flower. "Just... You look like you would like one. Why don't we seat for a while." I happily obliged. But really... How did he know that I like white roses? 

 

We sat on the bench, facing the flower garden. "Wae?" He said. "Huh? Wae?" I asked. I was not sure why he was asking 'why'. "Oh.. Why do you like that?" He said pointing to the white rose on my hand. "Most girls like the red ones." He added. "Umm.. Let's see. No reason in particular. It's just.. I find red roses a clićhe. Everyone likes one so I decided to go against it." "Just that?" "No.. Actually the white rose symbolizes purity and those things. But.. Also.." "What? Also what?" " Also.. When a guy gives me one, it means that his intentions are pure." I continued. "Pure... Pure.. Just like you." He said and whispered to himself, "My intentions are pure."

 

There was a long silence between us. I was thinking of something to say when he took out his phone and handed it to me. "Put your phone number." He said. Ohmygod! Is he asking for.. For.. For my number?!?!?!? Is this even real?! Am I dreaming?!? "Oppa, is this how you ask a girl for her number?" I asked playfully. "Ya. Just put your number" he said, obviously embarrased. I got his phone and entered my number. "Oppa, I'm gonna save your number too." I said and handed him my phone. He returned it to me once I was done. "Should I save this as 'vice-president'? I asked. "Andwae.. " he said. "O wae? Can't a girl do what she wants with her phone?" I demanded. "Save it as 'oppa'." He said. I smiled to myself. I like the sound of that.. :">

 

After a while, I saw something. "O? Oppa!" I said tugging at his sleeve. "Is that a fountain?" I asked excitedly. "Huh? O? Wae? Do you want to go there?" "Ne! Oppa, let's go." "But I'm tired." He whinned. "Oppa, let's go, hmmm?" I said and grabbed his arm. When we reached the fountain, he said, "ya, it's not even on." "Gwaenchanha..." I took out my phone and said, "Oppa, let's take a picture." "Wae?" "Jebal oppa, hmm?" "Araseo.." I clicked the camera button and placed it in front of us. All of a sudden, I felt a hand around my shoulder. I looked at it.. It was oppa's arm. My heart started to beat fast. He pulled me closer. My shoulder was touching his chest. I can feel his breath.. I can smell his perfume. Eotteokhae?? I turned my attention back to the camera. My hand was shaking. "Ya, Han Raemi, want me to hold it?" "O? Aniya. Gwaenchanha." I looked at the screen. He was smilling brightly with his arm around me. "Hana... Deul.. Sen" and I pressed the button. We looked at it. "Yaa.. Smile better hmm? I want a copy of it." "Okay.. Once more." He pulled me closer... Eotteokhae?!?!! Han Raemi! Get a grip!! "Hana.. Deul.. Sen." Then the fountain cama alive. "O!? Mwoya??!?" I said running a way. But he held my hand and splashed me with water. "Agh! Oppa!!" And splashed him water too. We played like that for a while. Everything was in slow motion.. Once again.. It was only the two of us.

"Aigoo ya, oppa. My hair's all wet." Raemi said. I grabbed my handkerchief and wipped the water of her face. God. I wanted to kiss her right then and there but I remembered what she wanted. Kim Myungsoo, get a hold of yourself. "Did you have fun?" I said as I finished. "Euuu..." "Are you tired?" She nodded. "You were really pretty today, Raemi. Especially when you sang that song." I smiled to myself, remembering her from earlier. "I think.. I think I like you Raemi." I felt something on my shoulder. It was Raemi, asleep. "Ya.. Did you just fell asleep?" I waited for an answer but I got none. I reached for her face and said aloud.. "I like you.. Han Raemi. I really do..." I stared at the sunset wondering if she felt the same thing about me.