What just happened?

Bad boy + Bad girl = ?

Heelin’s POV

I arrived home in a mess. My hair was all over the place, my eyes were black from my smooched makeup. I slammed the door behind me and threw off my shoes in the hallway to then stumbled to the living room where I lay down on my couch. There wasn’t any part of me that didn’t know what would happen now… I knew the school would’ve called my parents by now and that my phone could ring any second. I would pick it up and hear my mother’s angry voice, telling me that I should’ve been honest to them and that they’d come right away and have me transferred to a better school, a girl’s school. By the thought of this, my tears were unstoppable. I sobbed and sobbed. After only a couple of minutes the doorbell rang. I sat up in panic. Could my parents have been on their way to my house from work already?! When the doorbell rang a second time I stood up to heavily walk to open. I didn’t dare to look up as I opened the door. But the sight wasn’t what I’d expected. My mom’s grey pumps weren’t at all outside my door, instead there were a pair of white sneakers. I looked up and found the same guy I’d hit about an hour earlier in the school corridor.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him coldly. Hyukjae was staring at his feet. “YAH!” I shouted to gain his attention. He immediately lifted his head.

“I’m- I-…” he stuttered every word without results. I gave him a judging glare before trying to close the door in his face but he put his foot in the doorway and pushed himself inside to my discontent. I backed away, feeling uncomfortable by how close we stood. Hyukjae couldn’t get another word out of himself, I was starting to lose my patience. If he didn’t leave soon then I’d throw him out. Wondering whether or not that apology would come I began sighing, trying to stress him into saying whatever it was that he wanted to tell me. “Would you mind if I used your bathroom?” Hyukjae blurted out. I lost my sincerity. How could this guy be real?! I cursed at him in my head while my finger pointed at the bathroom door. He nodded, hurrying to the bathroom and locking the door. The door was still opened. I walked to it to close it but the most horrifying sight stopped me. My parents were stepping out of their big, black car and stomped their way to my door. My mother’s expression signalled the anger I’d waited for; my father’s expression was a slightly worried one and less stressed out than my mother’s. They reached my door, walked inside and my mother turned to me. I prepared my every muscle for the worst…

-

Hyukjae’s POV

What’s going on with me? I wondered, staring in the bathroom mirror at my reflection. Blankly, it stared back at me. I closed my eyes to see Heelin’s face getting pictured in my head. Without my knowing, a smile grew on my lips. Quickly, I removed it. There’s something wrong with me, I thought.

“I’m just going to say it then leave”, I said to myself. I nodded to the reflection and turned to open the door. The sound from the door was barely heard over the loud voices coming from the outside. There was a woman’s voice there that I hadn’t heard before, then there was a manly voice which I didn’t recognise either. But then I heard it; a weak, scared, trembling voice that belonged to Heelin. Something shattered in me when I heard how she tried to explain the headmaster’s call to her parents. Her mother kept cutting her midsentence, not caring at all about what her daughter had to say. I walked out from the bathroom, back to the hallway where the three people stood. The confusing scene left me feel hurt, since the fact was clear; I’d caused it to happen. Heelin’s tears were unbearable for me to have my eyes on, hence to why my eyes went to her mother. Out of nowhere she had noticed me and when my eyes went to her, they met hers directly. Heelin’s mother’s eyes were cold, judging and hateful. It was rare. No person I’d met so far had ever given me that kind of glare. Its intensity felt like acid pouring down my head, all the way to my feet, melting away more and more of me every second. She finally turned her head back to Heelin. Though I fast wish she wouldn’t have.

“So that’s what you’ve been doing? Instead of studying you’ve been sleeping around.” It wasn’t a question her mother had asked, it had been a statement. A cold, heartbreaking statement. My eyes flew to Heelin who had her full focus on her mother. “Is this what you give us for letting you live by yourself and having freedom? Kim Heelin, I don’t know who you are but this is not the daughter that I want!”

“HE’S NOT MY BOYFRIEND! NOR HAVE I HAD WITH HIM! I’D PREFER DYING!” Heelin’s words stung, they truthfully hurt. She’d rather die than have with me? Okay, she was mad at me but still! Isn’t that a little exaggerated??? Heelin’s mother wasn’t pleased with the answer Heelin had given her. She perched snootily then turned to me.

“Then who are you?” she questioned and expected me to answer. I hesitated, what would I answer?

“I’m Heelin’s partner in our science class. I’m from the dance slash music classes of school though… If that’s what you meant Mrs. Kim?” My knees were shaking worse than on my exams last year which had been the most stressful thing since my parents had gotten divorced. Heelin’s mother frowned. She didn’t seem mad anymore. She and Heelin’s father exchanged looks between each other. They spoke in a foreign language… or perhaps just a strange English accent? The man gave a card to the woman who handed it to me.

“You dance?” they asked in unison. I slowly nodded my head. Why would they ask that? I wondered.

“You may leave. But I hope you can come to the audition. If you’re good at dancing, singing and so you might get into our company. Because you’re good-looking. Goodbye.” Heelin’s mother escorted me out of the house and closed the door behind me. I was on the street outside the house, feeling highly confused about what on earth had happened. I glanced down at the card in my hand. An audition date and place? I wondered. It was to the biggest company in Seoul that held these auditions. I had mixed feelings. Wow, I’m going on a audition but I just left Heelin alone with her parents. Oh well, not much I could do about that now. They clearly wanted a word with their daughter alone. I reluctantly left the house and drove home. I need to call Donghae and tell him about this…Because I have no idea what just happened...